BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-24-2022, 07:39 PM   #1
Byorumez
Rep
Drives: Bmw g12

Brake pad replacement

Hey everyone. I have a 2018 740xi with the M competition package. I have replaced a lot of brake pads on my others, but first time with this M style. Two questions..

1) is the process similar since the M calipers are different, than standard calipers.

2) are the brake pads themselves different from a regular 7 series or a 7 series with the M brakes
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 08:19 PM   #2
g11hoonigan
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byorumez View Post
Hey everyone. I have a 2018 740xi with the M competition package. I have replaced a lot of brake pads on my others, but first time with this M style. Two questions..

1) is the process similar since the M calipers are different, than standard calipers.

2) are the brake pads themselves different from a regular 7 series or a 7 series with the M brakes
M brakes are just larger and paired with larger rotors, thus dimensions aren't the same.

Just keep in mind there's a VHB tape that you need to attach onto the back of the pads (if going aftermarket). The stock brembo comes with it already.
Appreciate 0