BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-14-2020, 03:01 PM   #23
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Honestly that’s not very reassuring. First you have to hope the installer is still around when a leak happens because the manufacturer isn’t going to cover it? Then you potentially are in a debate over what actually caused the leak. Maybe it would be less of a concern on a brand new roof and an installer who has been in business for 50 years, but I can see how messy it could get if you install on a 10 year old roof that springs a leak a few years later. Not to mention, I expect you’d need to remove and reinstall the panels to fix a leak even if the leak has nothing to do with the panel.
This is the same for any project where you work with a contractor/business in my opinion. Do you pay more for a large nationwide company that has been in business for 50+ years but has more overhead or a smaller local contractor with less overhead who will charge you less? Even then, sometimes the big guys sub out to smaller contractors but usually there is a qualification process to make sure they are using a good quality sub. Even then, it's still their name and warranty on the product. You pay more for quality, you pay more for guaranteed warranty support in 20 years.

While solar is dead simple in my opinion i would urge the average laymen, aka not a DIYer, use a large national installer and not Joe Schmoe's Solar and stuff down the street. They will be around to honor the warranty and can afford to pay to fix the issue. that being said, each product has it's own ridiculous 20-25 year warranty. Your only main concerned, in my opinion, is is the quality of the workmanship.

The age of the roof must be discussed with the home owner before the install. On commercial systems you will wrap a new roof into the deal in certain cases. There are companies who put in their contract that they will pay for compete remove and reinstall if a new roof is required at no cost to the end customer, I think SunRun and Vivent do it, probably solarshitty and others but I don't quote me. I don't deal with residential single phase, I work in Utility and large commercial.

Solar has the most insane warranties around. 20-25 years? Name me another product you can install or purchase as a home owner that you can get a 20-25 year warranty on. Dish washer? Dryer? Refrigerator? NOPE, nope, nope. You can get long warranties on roofs but that is basically it that I am aware of, also shingles just sit there not much to go wrong.

If there is a leak it is usually obvious where it comes from on a residential roof in most cases. The wood is stained.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 08:02 AM   #24
FCBuff
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: '16 M235I XDrive

How does the Tesla stuff compare?
      02-15-2020, 08:17 AM   #25
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCBuff View Post
How does the Tesla stuff compare?
I have ZERO 1st hand experience. It's expensive, the shingles and storage solutions for residential are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than tradition 1ph residential pv install.

At launch there were a lot of issues, I know distributors had product in stock but were not allowed to ship to customers and it literally sat on their shelves as useless inventory hurting their numbers that corporate cares about. By now I am sure they have ironed out the kinks.

I don't even have solar on my house but I should. I want to move and rent this house out so adding solar does not really benefit me...in that situation...I guess it kind of does...assuming the new renter will pay more rent monthly to have lower utility bills and be 'green'.

If money was no object I would have the full tesla solution including a tesla to drive.

I'm worried that tesla bought SolarShitty but other than that...I think Tesla is here to stay. I would invest in their products or stocks.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/20/2...uit-negligence <-- it shows even a large nationwide company can have issues. They subbed out all the work to local contractors who did some very questionable quality work. I believe they liked to use the lowest bidder, and this is what you get from hiring the cheapest. Shoddy workmanship. These sites have arc fault detection, ground fault detection, but still fires happened.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 08:18 AM   #26
Migueldop
Rep
n/a
Drives:

НуТна срочно ΠΏΠΎΠΌΠΎΡ‰ΡŒ.

Π₯эллоу Π΄Ρ€ΡƒΠ·ΡŒΡ,
ΡƒΠ²Π°ΠΆΠ°Π΅ΠΌΡ‹Π΅ Ρ„ΠΎΡ€ΡƒΠΌΡ‡Π°Π½Π΅ Π½ΡƒΠΆΠ½Π° ΠΏΠΎΠΌΠΎΡ‰ΡŒ ΠΏΠΎ поиску
ΠΌΡƒΠ·Ρ‹ΠΊΠΈ, всСгда скачивал ΠΌΠΏ3 Π² ΠΎΠ΄Π½ΠΎΠΌ мСстС, Ρ‚Π΅ΠΏΠ΅Ρ€ΡŒ Ρ…ΠΎΡ‡Ρƒ ΠΏΠΎΠΏΠΎΠ»Π½ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ свою
ΠΊΠΎΠ»Π»Π΅ΠΊΡ†ΠΈΡŽ ΠΌΡƒΠ·Ρ‹ΠΊΠΈ ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ΅Ρ‚ Ρ‡Π΅ΠΌ Ρ‚ΠΎ Π½ΠΎΠ²Ρ‹ΠΌ.

https://msound.club/sitemap.xml
ΡΠΊΠ°Ρ‡Π°Ρ‚ΡŒ mp3 бСсплатно
Appreciate 0