BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

01-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #23
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
It's grown on me a lot. They needed to do something about the front as it looked very pedestrian next to the S-class. Rear looks much better as well!

Unfortunately it would have been too costly to remedy the weakest point of the car, which was its dash design. Still a major letdown in that regard. Rest of the interior is great but the focal point of the interior is still boring.
Well, the dash could be a little more snazzy but my year in architecture school taught me that "form follows function", and for the most part (nothing is perfect) the 7 series dashboard ergnomics are very good. Maybe I have gotten used to them. My only complaint is that the old style BMW red/blue temperature wheel was much easier to set than the electronic sliders in the existing G12 -- and better than having the setting buried somewhere in iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:51 AM   #24
pjkbrit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i 6MT ZHP

Was this styled by a Dentist???
Just awful!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 12:43 PM   #25
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Well, the dash could be a little more snazzy but my year in architecture school taught me that "form follows function", and for the most part (nothing is perfect) the 7 series dashboard ergnomics are very good. Maybe I have gotten used to them. My only complaint is that the old style BMW red/blue temperature wheel was much easier to set than the electronic sliders in the existing G12 -- and better than having the setting buried somewhere in iDrive.
I agree that [in typical BMW fashion] the ergonomics are great. But that's just not generated sales for this car. I feel cars at this price point must stir emotion and create a sense of occasion for the occupants. The 7er's interior has been repeatedly criticized for feeling too much like the 3-series and I think that's a legitimate claim.

I've sat in the new A8 a few times and that too feels very understated from inside. S-class and Lexus LS, in my opinion, have created very unique and desirable interiors.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 05:44 PM   #26
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
I agree that [in typical BMW fashion] the ergonomics are great. But that's just not generated sales for this car. I feel cars at this price point must stir emotion and create a sense of occasion for the occupants. The 7er's interior has been repeatedly criticized for feeling too much like the 3-series and I think that's a legitimate claim.

I've sat in the new A8 a few times and that too feels very understated from inside. S-class and Lexus LS, in my opinion, have created very unique and desirable interiors.
The issue with jap interiors is they date, badly really badly.
      01-19-2019, 05:46 PM   #27
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFR View Post
I agree with the above.... I'm going to wait for the one with the bigger grill.... Maybe with blacked out grills it will look better, but with the silver, it just looks hideous!
Yes. I'm going to wait until they make the grilles even bigger and offer the gold plated option
      01-21-2019, 04:17 AM   #28
Impact1
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

New grills look very Chrysler like. I can buy a Dodge for a lot less $$. BMW designers need to look again.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #29
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact1 View Post
New grills look very Chrysler like. I can buy a Dodge for a lot less $$. BMW designers need to look again.
All those wanting BMW to do something different will have to wait because this is a done deal. BMW designers are not going to "fix" this 7 series LCI.

They are betting that customers will not buy a Dodge instead of a BMW. When my lease is up this fall I am sure I am not going with a Dodge. I won't do Audi either. Been there done that. The only question will be BMW or MB. BMW is bolder in styling even if some don't like it. I would prefer a smaller grille but I am not going to let one styling detail determine the car I buy or lease. When they had a Bangle Butt I deserted for MB for a few years but I now consider that my mistake.

Last edited by AlteBMW; 01-21-2019 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13653.00
      01-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #30
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
I think it looks great. That grill makes it stand out. Lets you know its not a 5 series. Thats the only reason i didnt like the pre facelift model was because you couldnt tell the difference at a glance.
EXACTLY!!! Potential 7 buyers should rejoice! I would NEVER consider the current due to the fact it simply looks like a elongated 4 Series.

As I have mentioned before, the new grill is much more in line with current "Flagship or Prestigious" Sedans/Saloons: S-Class. Bentley, Rolls Royce.

The M treatment makes it even more appealing IMO:

01-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #31
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:

Absolutely! This exterior LCI is definitely a move in the right direction, but the interior is STILL lacking.
      01-21-2019, 05:12 PM   #32
Impact1
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Quote:
I think it looks great. That grill makes it stand out. Lets you know its not a 5 series. Thats the only reason i didnt like the pre facelift model was because you couldnt tell the difference at a glance.
EXACTLY!!! Potential 7 buyers should rejoice! I would NEVER consider the current due to the fact it simply looks like a elongated 4 Series.

As I have mentioned before, the new grill is much more in line with current "Flagship or Prestigious" Sedans/Saloons: S-Class. Bentley, Rolls Royce.

The M treatment makes it even more appealing IMO:

[IMG]https://s.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dim...7-series-1.jpg[/IMG]
Your right. Now everyone can have a big grill "M" car. By the way we never listen to the customers where I work either. Not!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 12:29 AM   #33
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

This is all i see when i look at new design of X5,X7 and 7 LCI..for me..such a bad work!🤮
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Wavy1139.50
      02-03-2019, 03:41 PM   #34
SpenceRx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i EBII

The blue callipers really jump out on this beast. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
      02-06-2019, 12:10 PM   #35
Ramesses
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 750Lix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitz View Post
Quote:
Seriously?
Yes
Appreciate 1
bmr760139.00