BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-07-2022, 05:51 AM   #1079
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00 View Post
That’s you. My point was not everybody thinks that way. I wouldn’t buy a car at that price point until I was over 1.5 million in income annually, if then to be honest. I’d much rather build the passive income now. Even the last $80k car - which I paid cash for - I only did because of the fact manuals are passing more and more quickly. Otherwise I’d put it off for a few more years.

And to make it more blunt around justification I could walk out and buy that car in cash right now but frankly $300k invested at this stage of my young life brings me $900k in 15 years, and a fair amount of passive cash flow income between now and then and even more after the 15 years.

And the whole point is at end of day if I wanted to retire at 50 I could and not change my lifestyle.

Ultimately while you may be willing to spend the money not everybody is as willing to. It doesn’t exactly take a huge annual income to afford a 300k car if you are willing to mortgage some of your retirement.

Doesn't make sense to keep explaining. They obviously have a hard on for the car but maybe couldn't get on the wait list or got on so late that they're expecting a 5th or 6th MY and they're mad so they'll just constantly diss the car.

I hope the people who will get the car early, 1st and 2nd MY's can enjoy GM's first creation of a supercar.

It'll be special once this generation is over and everything is EV.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 05:53 AM   #1080
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
The voodoo in GT350 isn’t your traditional FPC like Ferrari V8 or LT6. Voodoo has a weird up/down/up/down crankshaft. Which has led to some reliability issues. Reason why it doesn’t sound European as well. You say copying the 458 like it is a bad thing. 458 is a car many wish still existed. Unfortunately, NA is a dying breed. GM is offering a world leading NA V8 engine. More hp than any current V10 Huracan model.
This guy has been working on fords his whole life. Big time tuner from florida. And he even shits on the voodoo engine.

To sum up the video:

The voodoo is GARBAGE compared to the masterpiece GM created with the LT6.

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 06:04 AM   #1081
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Really? I could afford to spend a few hundred thousand on a car. I have no idea why in the hell I would though. I love cars but frankly if I’m buying a Ferrari I’m clearing multiple millions annually not 500 to million which is frankly more than enough to afford a Ferrari.
lol you're arguing with a guy who has a hard on for me because last fall i said M3's look better than M4's and he cried like a bitch. He still can't get over that months later LOL

But yeah to his point, that's like saying people buy BMW M cars because they can't afford porsche GT cars LOL

Our C7Z's currently are faster than them still though

We will win at life when we get our C8Z supercar
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 11:22 AM   #1082
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Thanks, dad. I was unaware of what has been going on. Get over yourself
LOL kid, you don't like Corvettes, so what ? and yes I suspect you are unaware of a lot of things. Perhaps when you grow up you'll understand ??
      08-07-2022, 01:28 PM   #1083
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: plenty

Quote:
LOL justification.

As someone who has had Vettes and is buying a C8Z, if I could afford a $300k car, I would skip the Vette & not think twice
Personally I'm more excited for the C8Z even though I have exotics that are triple the price because it'll sound better, be a different experience and offer 458 sound for half the price. I just don't like the idea of having to buy a 13 year old Ferrari for the similar experience.

Word to the wise: If you have enough $$$ for a 300k car, you also have enough for a 125k car on top of that to park next to it. Income isn't really linear with regards to car purchases of that caliber.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 07:13 PM   #1084
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Finally someone with a brain.

Lots of wealthy people on the corvette forum with exotics, and they still have corvettes in their garage.

Some people just talk out of their asses i guess LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 07:31 PM   #1085
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Finally someone with a brain.

Lots of wealthy people on the corvette forum with exotics, and they still have corvettes in their garage.

Some people just talk out of their asses i guess LOL
Let's be honest, for many people it's an Either/Or situation

not an And situation.

Not everyone has the luxury of a big garage and have to pick the one best thing for the parking spot.

The problem is, they end up not being able to see the car for its true merits and only how it ranks on a list of Ring times rather than the experience and occasion or existential meaning.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      08-07-2022, 08:13 PM   #1086
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

not an And situation.

Not everyone has the luxury of a big garage and have to pick the one best thing for the parking spot.

The problem is, they end up not being able to see the car for its true merits and only how it ranks on a list of Ring times rather than the experience and occasion or existential meaning.
Think of it this way.

There are a lot of "rich" people on the corvette forum. Maybe i was wrong about wealthy, because there's a difference lol.

But if you think about it. The people on the corvette forum with their fancy homes, and their porsche GT3 in the garage, maybe a bentley. There was someone with a 488? If they're on the corvette forum, obviously they either already have a corvette, or getting one. Which is my point.

Just because someone wants a C8Z, or hell someone bought a C7 ZR1 or C7Z, or building a 1000hp C6ZR, that does NOT always mean they can't afford something more expensive.

Saving all your pennies to get that one "IT" car, just to say you have bought that IT car, isn't impressive. If anything, it shows poor money management and/or poor decision making when car buying.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 08:21 PM   #1087
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 Z06 M7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

not an And situation.

It’s hard for me to imagine anybody who is spending a $200k+ on a car not having at least a two car garage. Granted I’m sure it exists.

I have the Z06 in one side. I’m leaning towards a Porsche as the second car one day. And can always add a 3rd car garage on or lifts in the existing room.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 09:42 AM   #1088
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyM View Post

Word to the wise: If you have enough $$$ for a 300k car, you also have enough for a 125k car on top of that to park next to it. Income isn't really linear with regards to car purchases of that caliber.
In a lot of cases, sure, but I bet that's not true in 100% of them.

Also, not my point
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      08-08-2022, 09:44 AM   #1089
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
Saving all your pennies to get that one "IT" car, just to say you have bought that IT car, isn't impressive. If anything, it shows poor money management and/or poor decision making when car buying.
LOL WTF? Or maybe it shows drive & discipline to get the thing you really want after you busted your ass to get there?

To discount someone because they can't afford all the cars & busted their ass to get the 1 they want is ridiculous.

SMH
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      08-08-2022, 09:46 AM   #1090
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
That’s you. My point was not everybody thinks that way. I wouldn’t buy a car at that price point until I was over 1.5 million in income annually, if then to be honest. I’d much rather build the passive income now. Even the last $80k car - which I paid cash for - I only did because of the fact manuals are passing more and more quickly. Otherwise I’d put it off for a few more years.

And to make it more blunt around justification I could walk out and buy that car in cash right now but frankly $300k invested at this stage of my young life brings me $900k in 15 years, and a fair amount of passive cash flow income between now and then and even more after the 15 years.

And the whole point is at end of day if I wanted to retire at 50 I could and not change my lifestyle.

Ultimately while you may be willing to spend the money not everybody is as willing to. It doesn’t exactly take a huge annual income to afford a 300k car if you are willing to mortgage some of your retirement.
Sounds like you are just here to brag.

Humility, it's a good thing...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 10:25 AM   #1091
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like you are just here to brag.

Humility, it's a good thing...
Considering this thread and your posts - thats hilarious.

I didn’t say anything specific until you argued that the only reason people don’t buy a Ferrari is they can’t afford which is insane. That is patently false and as much as I love cars incredibly stupid in my opinion unless you are making a very large annual nut.

When you start talking about that type of expense - on a depreciating asset - there’s affordability and a 200k loan for 6 months is only $3,300 month so anybody with a $200k income can afford it easily enough. Doesn’t make it intelligent.

Affordability and price take a different meaning entirely when you start getting to certain level of ranges.
Appreciate 2
      08-08-2022, 06:23 PM   #1092
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I didn’t say anything specific until you argued that the only reason people don’t buy a Ferrari is they can’t afford which is insane. That is patently false and as much as I love cars incredibly stupid in my opinion unless you are making a very large annual nut.

When you start talking about that type of expense - on a depreciating asset - there’s affordability and a 200k loan for 6 months is only $3,300 month so anybody with a $200k income can afford it easily enough. Doesn’t make it intelligent.

Affordability and price take a different meaning entirely when you start getting to certain level of ranges.

He doesn't understand.

It's not just about buying a 10 year old ferrari. That's a great achievement. To own any "modern day" ferrari. Or if you're a wealthy car collector, you probably have 10 ferraris.

But to discredit a car makers long term goal, of designing one of the best mid engine cars with the most powerful NA V8 in production, just to call it a fake and that you rather buy a 10 year old ferrari instead? That makes absolutely zero sense.

If you ask me what would i rather have. The ferrari 458, thats over 10 years old, maybe with 20-30k miles, unknown history of the car and i don't mean the maintenance, i meant the abuse, no warranty, slower in performance, wear and tear on everything else in the car like interior, electrical etc.

OR, i can try out GM's first supercar. With a full warranty, a more modern, better engine (until we know more performance data), faster (until we know more performance data), equal in looks (yes seriously, maybe a slight edge to the C8Z as the 458 is already looking outdated) and that's cheaper. PLUS i can have other cars in my garage as well. Like an M3, my tesla, and another corvette.

I would absolutely choose the latter. Which is what i'm doing.

If i was rich, i'd have both cars, plus a lot more. But i'm not. I could get a 458. Even a 570s. But that would stretch my limit on cars. And i would probably just have my tesla and a 570s. I don't want to do that. I like variety.

Corvettes are the best at having your cake and eating it too. They are affordable reliable powerhouses that look good.

The C8Z is just the first time when it entered supercar territory, and the slight price bump reflects that.

I rather have 4-5 cars than 2 basically.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 07:18 PM   #1093
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
I agree.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2326.50
      08-08-2022, 07:21 PM   #1094
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:

Keep putting words in my mouth
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 07:22 PM   #1095
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:

4-5 junk that may or not run/run right or 2 really nice awesome cars? I'll take the latter.

4-5 awesome cars that are good to go? We all car people here so no shit we'd take that option. Next dumb statement?

You keep talking about the $ you have so where are your 4-5 great cars?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 07:48 PM   #1096
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
4-5 junk that may or not run/run right or 2 really nice awesome cars? I'll take the latter.

4-5 awesome cars that are good to go? We all car people here so no shit we'd take that option. Next dumb statement?

You keep talking about the $ you have so where are your 4-5 great cars?

Who's talking about money? You're trying to push this discussion towards that. You and the other yoyo keep talking about people buy corvettes because they can't get ferrari's. Who the fuck wants a 13 year old ferrari? I don't. And i can get one.

My C7Z is paid for. Look up the value. Still worth 50-60k. That's 50-60k directly into my pocket if i decide to sell.

Both my model 3 and M3 are 2022MY's. My C8 stingray and C8Z BOTH WILL ARRIVE in 2023.

So yeah, i rather have those 4 cars over a 13 year old ferrari.

Get your insecurities fixed dude.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 08:09 PM   #1097
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
My C8 stingray and C8Z BOTH WILL ARRIVE in 2023.
Why tf do you need two C8? And you already have a C7Z. Sell me your C8Z allocation…
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 08:24 PM   #1098
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Keep putting words in my mouth
You did that with me. I just called out the BS when you suggested after my initial post that from a finance perspective you were wrong - well decided to shut ti down for real.

I really don’t care either way but hate poor finance acumen. It bugs me personally.

As for bragging. I don’t actually think thats really that much money / that rich. People with millions in income - different story. And even then it’s just money and all relevant.

I think some might call your hellcat bragging… All point of view / perception.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2326.50
      08-09-2022, 05:30 AM   #1099
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Why tf do you need two C8? And you already have a C7Z. Sell me your C8Z allocation…
Why do people need multiple bmw’s?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 08:39 AM   #1100
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Can we please move on or lock this thread? My head is starting to hurt.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7833.00