BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-17-2022, 02:16 PM   #1
david1225
Registered
Rep
Drives: GL450

Thinking of purchasing 2012-15 7 series

Hi there.

I'm entertaining the thought of purchasing either a BMW 7 series or MB S Class(2013-2016) somewhere in this range. It would have about 60k miles probably but I am not in a rush. I was wondering if you guys give me your opinions on either one of these cars. Although I respect everyone's opinions, please know that I will not be basing my purchasing decision based on your comments. Right now I really have no big bias. I have driven 3 series and 5 series and it was just ok. I thought the car drove little stiffer than I liked.

I think they are both great cars and I would like either one. I would like a car that requires least amount of maintenance. If so, parts that I can buy parts online FCP Euro, etc...or aftermarket parts then take it to Indy shop. At this point, I would not be using OEM parts unless absolutely required. I do currently own a Cayenne S and GL 450 so I am aware of German "engineering". Only dealbreaker would be that if the car has any type of powertrain issues(engine, transmission, transfer case, etc) or where there is a some type of permanent issue that cannot be fixed i.e. Cayenne transfer case. Will not buy that again.

Would appreciate any comments. Thank you.
Appreciate 0