BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-29-2022, 05:19 PM   #1299
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Not saying it was you. Just know there have been numerous posts about people rolling in their unicorn C7 Vettes and have people in AWW pulling out their cameras. Ba ha h ha
I owned a C7 and got a lot of compliments. More so than any of my Porsches. But I think C7 is considered an everyman sports car and thus the owner perhaps perceived as more approachable. Everyone knows Porsche and BMW owners are douches.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #1300
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Quote:
Not saying it was you. Just know there have been numerous posts about people rolling in their unicorn C7 Vettes and have people in AWW pulling out their cameras. Ba ha h ha
I owned a C7 and got a lot of compliments. More so than any of my Porsches. But I think C7 is considered an everyman sports car and thus the owner perhaps perceived as more approachable. Everyone knows Porsche and BMW owners are douches.
It's unfortunate that people feel that can't approach someone based on their vehicle. Especially BMW. There is nothing special about them. Even if owners have that ridiculous idea. There will be assholes in every make and model. More so on the higher value? Maybe. I've nerved gotten that vibe that the exotic owners are more douchey then the others. It's totally possible.
Appreciate 2
Donatello.1015.50
Cos270608.50
      08-29-2022, 05:31 PM   #1301
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Never owned a Vette. I am on 3 lists for a Z06. It would be the only American car I would ever get. Sorry, just not a fan. So I don't know about the attention when in one. Just know I see them everywhere. The most attention I get is in my brothers GTR. It's crazy how many people are interested in that thing. That is a car I still very rarely see. Maybe 1 a month unless you hit a show or cars and coffee. It's every young's boys wet dream. Lol. Dick magnet 4 sure
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 05:38 PM   #1302
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
That clown is talking about me. But i have him blocked so i only saw what he wrote because you quoted him. Otherwise that shit he probably types constantly about me i can't see lol. But it's good to know i have that effect on some people

My C7Z does get compliments all the time. Imagine almost a decade old design? GM really killed it with the C7. A gigantic leap foward over the C6. And then one up themselves again with the C8.

I do agree with others that they fucked up the entire debut and intro to the C8Z. But i think they had to do it this way because of what transpired the past 2 years or so. With COVID, then parts shortages, strikes, plant shutdowns etc. I think for them to still barely being able to bring this car out, at least it's better than nothing.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 05:41 PM   #1303
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
That clown is talking about me. But i have him blocked so i only saw what he wrote because you quoted him. Otherwise that shit he probably types constantly about me i can't see lol. But it's good to know i have that effect on some people

My C7Z does get compliments all the time. Imagine almost a decade old design? GM really killed it with the C7. A gigantic leap foward over the C6. And then one up themselves again with the C8.

I do agree with others that they fucked up the entire debut and intro to the C8Z. But i think they had to do it this way because of what transpired the past 2 years or so. With COVID, then parts shortages, strikes, plant shutdowns etc. I think for them to still barely being able to bring this car out, at least it's better than nothing.
Yawn
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 05:58 PM   #1304
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
One more from me.

When you're the sole protester on the subject clearly shows there's nothing wrong with the general definition of the word, but how you're interpreting it. You're using your feelings to dictate what you think is right or wrong. I wouldn't call that common sense LOL. Ok that's it no more lol.

But yeah you're right. GM really fucked up the intro to their FIRST SUPERCAR

However even with how fucked up things are, people still want this damn car. Now i'm scared being 152 or so at mac, that i might not even see the car in 2023. I'm sure i will but i already told my neighbors i'll have the car next summer haha. I better not be fucking driving this car home winter 2023.

It's all good since my stingray is coming first. Might twin turbo that before my z06 comes
Yea, please don't deliver mine in winter LOL.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 06:12 PM   #1305
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Mac said 1200 bucks to deliver to my house.

Between gas mileage, tolls, possibly getting a rock chip or 2 in that 300 mile drive home, i think i'm having both my stingray and z06 delivered to my house.

Phuck dat chit mang.

Gotta keep these GM supercars pristine!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 07:22 PM   #1306
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Quote:
I've had several Vettes/Z06s and when they were new for their generation people would definitely talk to me at gas stations and stoplights, thumbs up, etc. Mostly friendly stuff. It's not completely unheard of, people do like Corvettes but like everything, people get used to new things and eventually the excitement wears off.
No doubt. Well said
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 07:25 PM   #1307
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
No doubt. Well said
I actually just deleted that post since it was redundant, I didn't realize we made it onto another page and didn't read several posts. All good though.

I'm going to kick back and wait for a status update on my Z06, hopefully it won't be too long!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 07:55 PM   #1308
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
I got my 2SS 1LE sometime right around new-years, I think maybe a day or two before. Due to a crazy fluke of weather, it was 50 degrees and raining in Anchorage, plenty good to get gas and drive home on the stock tires. I was going to trailer it if that didn't happen.
      08-29-2022, 09:05 PM   #1309
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
I got my 2SS 1LE sometime right around new-years, I think maybe a day or two before. Due to a crazy fluke of weather, it was 50 degrees and raining in Anchorage, plenty good to get gas and drive home on the stock tires. I was going to trailer it if that didn't happen.
Hope I get lucky if that happens. I am in PA so I can drive it home from NJ, but not in a snow storm
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 10:01 PM   #1310
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Can we please kill this thread? Even I'm getting nauseous and I (briefly) worked on the engine for this dang car. I'm sure the corvette forums would be glad to take all of you. The back and forth on whether it is is or isn't a super car, guys fellating each other about how cool they're going to look once they get there's. Enough already. Touch grass and have some dignity.
Appreciate 1
RM72870.00
      08-29-2022, 10:27 PM   #1311
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
Can we please kill this thread? Even I'm getting nauseous and I (briefly) worked on the engine for this dang car. I'm sure the corvette forums would be glad to take all of you. The back and forth on whether it is is or isn't a super car, guys fellating each other about how cool they're going to look once they get there's. Enough already. Touch grass and have some dignity.
kill the thread because you don't want to read it anymore? how about you don't click the link anymore, stop torturing yourself, take your ball, and go home.
Appreciate 2
      08-30-2022, 05:45 AM   #1312
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Quote:
kill the thread because you don't want to read it anymore? how about you don't click the link anymore, stop torturing yourself, take your ball, and go home.
Everyone has to change their behavior except him. He can't simply stop visiting the thread; no. He needs the thread taken down.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 05:56 AM   #1313
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
You're right. I keep seeing new posts and thinking maybe something of value is going to be said, but we're far past that point.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 06:51 AM   #1314
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're right. I keep seeing new posts and thinking maybe something of value is going to be said, but we're far past that point.
This is going to be the best car ever, dammit. If you don't get one, your a loser. Ladies will be chasing you with mattresses on their backs. It's a unicorn 🦄. Everyone, sell your Lambo's , Ferrari's , McClaren's , Porsche's. You will all just be jealous you don't have this Chevy. Hell, I may blow a guy who has one🤮. I hope this thread doesn't get closed. I love reading some of the slurping that goes on here. It's truly comical. It's like beer glasses for cars on some of these dudes here. This thread=😍😍😍
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 11:49 AM   #1315
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It’s always the corvette haters that come into a fucking corvette thread lol.

What ever happened to that clown bimmersandmopars guy? Did he disappear because his next hellcat will be EV? Lmao
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 09:10 PM   #1316
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It’s always the corvette haters that come into a fucking corvette thread lol.

What ever happened to that clown bimmersandmopars guy? Did he disappear because his next hellcat will be EV? Lmao
I don’t get that. I’m here for love of cars, full stop. I have been fortunate enough to own quite a few over time. I think there are lots of incredible cars at various price points so that everyone can enjoy them. I may like some cars better than others but at the end of the day, we’re all sharing the same type of experience. I like reading about all the different cars people have and sometimes they offer point of views I wouldn’t have previously considered. I just don’t understand why people have to be rude or act butt hurt over a car they don’t like.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2326.50
      08-30-2022, 09:14 PM   #1317
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I think if I could find the right C7Z, I’d consider it. The C6 got me interested but the C7 took my money. I’m on the list for a C8Z too. I’m told it’ll probably be 2023/4 before I ever see it. Not in a hurry and not going to pay ADM, so I’ll be patient.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2326.50
      08-31-2022, 09:11 AM   #1318
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
like people in the price range buy cars like a bodily function. theres people who just buy things for the fuck of it...or others save up. theres no rhyme or reason why someone buys somethings. I want it just for noise. others may want something else. its a luxary item and most def not their bread and butter item that makes the shareholders jizz. so selling more or less is whatever.

tbh i didn't read the whole thread, but typically on BP we try to jusify and get inside the minds of consumers buying 6 figure cars that are luxary items. you buy them as toys.
Not sure what you're trying to convey but regardless whatever ...........

FWIW, six figure cars to some people are not that big of a deal, hell, this is a BMW hang out, easy to option out to six figures !
      08-31-2022, 11:00 AM   #1319
jmack
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: OG M2, E70 X5M

C8 plant temporarily closed again due to chip shortage: 8/29 - 9/6
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ag/7896067001/
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 11:44 AM   #1320
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep