BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-05-2022, 06:35 AM   #1343
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Not following that one. It's a great time to be a corvette fan because if you want one you have to pay $20k, $30k, $90k over MSRP or get on some list with some shady dealer wait for years and hope they don't hit you up with a ADM fee when it does finally arrive?

While I would not consider myself a diehard corvette guy. I really liked my C7 and would probably own a C8 if I could actually buy one. So seems like a pretty shit time to be a corvette fan to me. Great time to be a dealer or a scalper though.
That has nothing to do with being a fan though. You're talking politics.

I have to wait for both my C8's too. What can i do? This is what EVERYONE is facing in todays' world. Doesn't matter what car you're trying to buy. I waited 4 months for my M3. It felt like forever. If i had to order another M3 tomorrow, i'd have to wait 12 months. Things are getting worse.

As far as ADM. The C8Z is hot. It's the car of a lifetime. NO CAR has ever gone through this much hype, craze, attention, demand, interest or whatever you want to call it, since????? The C8 stingray!

These C8's are going to be sought after for the entire life of it's production run. Call this post a fan boy post but facts are facts. Entering it's 4 model year of the stingray and people are still willing to wait 12-18 months for one. People are willing to pay 20k+ over a USED stingray.

Everyone wants this car. Because, aside from all the BS politics, this C8 generation is shaping up to be the greatest generation.

Just in time before corvette goes full EV in the C9.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 10:24 AM   #1344
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Then you should probably stop bitching or you'll just devalue the product and your buyer will move on.

Try good vibes instead. We can all have more fun.
Take your own advice. Good day
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 10:37 AM   #1345
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
That has nothing to do with being a fan though. You're talking politics.

I have to wait for both my C8's too. What can i do? This is what EVERYONE is facing in todays' world. Doesn't matter what car you're trying to buy. I waited 4 months for my M3. It felt like forever. If i had to order another M3 tomorrow, i'd have to wait 12 months. Things are getting worse.

As far as ADM. The C8Z is hot. It's the car of a lifetime. NO CAR has ever gone through this much hype, craze, attention, demand, interest or whatever you want to call it, since????? The C8 stingray!

These C8's are going to be sought after for the entire life of it's production run. Call this post a fan boy post but facts are facts. Entering it's 4 model year of the stingray and people are still willing to wait 12-18 months for one. People are willing to pay 20k+ over a USED stingray.

Everyone wants this car. Because, aside from all the BS politics, this C8 generation is shaping up to be the greatest generation.

Just in time before corvette goes full EV in the C9.
I guess I just avoid hype like the plague. It would be like getting all hyped up over the latest exotic. Since it's not something I can actually buy I can't really get very hyped up. I can see a pic of the latest Aston Martin Vantage and say damn that looks sweet, but that's about as far as it goes since I know I can't buy one.

Just a bad time to be into cars in general it seems.
Appreciate 2
      09-05-2022, 10:57 AM   #1346
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I guess I just avoid hype like the plague. It would be like getting all hyped up over the latest exotic. Since it's not something I can actually buy I can't really get very hyped up. I can see a pic of the latest Aston Martin Vantage and say damn that looks sweet, but that's about as far as it goes since I know I can't buy one.

Just a bad time to be into cars in general it seems.
Most people on this forum won't understand a car like the C8Z because a lot of them are corvette haters. And this thread shows some proof of that.

If you were a corvette fan of recent at least, you'll know how important this car is. The C7Z with it's LT4 was an anomaly. The car was supposed to be NA, just like the C6Z. But the GM bankruptcy caused GM to scramble and botched together some insane inefficient powerplant that would suit street drivers instead of track drivers. The z06 name is meant to go fast on the TRACK. The C7Z failed miserably at that. It was a great street car. But a very poor track car.

GM fixed this, or so we hope, with the C8Z. This car is very important in the corvette world and just for mostly anyone who is a fan of this caliber car in the automotive world as a whole.

I put my deposit on this car in fall of 2019. Trust me i hate waiting. And i said it was hell waiting 4 months for the M3. But the M3 isn't a C8Z. Not even close.

The C8Z is a car that's going to be levels above ANYTHING BMW has for a production car. That's why this car is important. And i don't except many BMW purists to understand this. For obvious reasons.
Appreciate 2
Torgus3781.50
WolfGTI716.00
      09-05-2022, 12:40 PM   #1347
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Take your own advice. Good day
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 12:46 PM   #1348
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

i think people are holding their breath because we've been let down so much by other hype trains. most cars don't live up to their expectations: the new supra and z are prime examples. gt350 has an inherently flawed engine. new G80 is ugly af. Last time i remember a car living up to its hype and completely changing the game was the 09 GTR.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17445.00
      09-06-2022, 08:55 PM   #1349
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 Z06 M7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
i think people are holding their breath because we've been let down so much by other hype trains. most cars don't live up to their expectations: the new supra and z are prime examples. gt350 has an inherently flawed engine. new G80 is ugly af. Last time i remember a car living up to its hype and completely changing the game was the 09 GTR.
Why did the Supra not live up to it’s name? The power those cars are pulling with a tune is pretty damn good.

GT 350 I agree. I’d even maybe same the same about gt500.

The Z06 will not miss - we know that from the c8. The real question is how good will it be.
Appreciate 2
      09-06-2022, 09:26 PM   #1350
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00 View Post
Why did the Supra not live up to it’s name? The power those cars are pulling with a tune is pretty damn good.

The Z06 will not miss - we know that from the c8. The real question is how good will it be.
the supra doesn't look anywhere as good as the FT1 concept. fake vents. auto and not a dct. toyota let bmw build it because 'profits'. bump steer issues with the suspension.

the c8 was a hit. i agree. but this engine is pretty much brand new. yes it used on the c8.r racecar and does well there. but real world street driving has different strains on the motor. we will know more once real journalists and not youtube influencers get their hands on the car: smoking tire, carfection, savagegeese, chris harris.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 09:35 PM   #1351
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 Z06 M7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
the supra doesn't look anywhere as good as the FT1 concept. fake vents. auto and not a dct. toyota let bmw build it because 'profits'. bump steer issues with the suspension.

the c8 was a hit. i agree. but this engine is pretty much brand new. yes it used on the c8.r racecar and does well there. but real world street driving has different strains on the motor. we will know more once real journalists and not youtube influencers get their hands on the car: smoking tire, carfection, savagegeese, chris harris.
I don’t know the aesthetics is one piece. But I think the engine has been a big hit. Transmission maybe but I wasn’t ever expecting a DCT not at that price point and frankly that transmission is a disappearing. The fact they added a m6 boosts it in my eyes lately.

Agree we’ll have to see how the engine goes. Chevy has always been good with theirs for the most part. I just don’t expect it to be like the gt350. Worse issue was the c6 valves but at least it was fixable.

That said I will admit the markets are starting to annoy me. Out of curiosity I pulled car interest rates - interesting to see 5% more or less. Car values up to a level I don’t believe american economy can sustain, especially on something that is going to get run down over time. I just can’t bring myself to buy right now despite having my eye on a number of cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 04:44 PM   #1352
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00 View Post

Yeah supra definitely lived up to the hype. The only people who don't think so are previous gen supra lovers. The MKV is essentially a different version of a Z4 with a B58 lol.

GT350 was fucking trash lol. And even the owner of palmbeachdyno who knows only ford stuff has said the LT6 just shitted on whatever ford did with their voodoo engine.

The LT6 is a race engine from the ground up. Whereas the voodoo engine was a coyote engine in disguise according to him.

There are a lot of mustang fans out there so they didn't need to do much to get people interested. But the lack of performance is what made people turn away, especially in recent years since they don't make them anymore.

The only issue i see with the C8's is the DCT. As some stingray owners are having issues. But i think the engine will be fine for street use.

I do want to see performance figures of the C8Z besides a claimed 10.6. That's pretty fast but then again GM said the C7Z goes 10.95 and owners were doing 10.4-10.6 with the auto stock.

So GM might be sandbagging on that number. The most important thing are track times though. Since this is a track car. Not a roll racer.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 04:57 PM   #1353
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Jesus christ i can't wait to get mine.

Supercar owners calling this a supercar. SUPERCAR STATUS!

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 08:25 PM   #1354
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:

Yawn
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2022, 10:05 PM   #1355
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

12:36, the real reason why GM gave her a Z06 At least she knows what her subscribers REALLY want to see.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 05:47 AM   #1356
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:

12:36, the real reason why GM gave her a Z06 At least she knows what her subscribers REALLY want to see.
She have an Only Fans? I can spare an extra 20 a month😜
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 09:33 AM   #1357
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lmao I agree. Gm is smart although they don’t need advertising as they’ll sell every one they make.
      09-24-2022, 12:51 PM   #1358
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Not the Zo6 but a Twin Turbos C8.
Worth your look...

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/DflrZQY5cZs
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      09-24-2022, 01:18 PM   #1359
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Worth your look...

I think it was a good idea for callaway to get involved with making the stingray a bit more powerful in case some future owners do not want an ERAY and can NOT get a z06 ever. Unless they spend a fortune and buy used since the z06 will be in exotic price territory if you're not on any MSRP list. And we know there aren't many of them.

I'm more concerned with the DCT though as some people are having issues with them stock. Nevermind dumping another 200hp+ with these twin turbos or blowers.
      09-24-2022, 01:52 PM   #1360
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
I think it was a good idea for callaway to get involved with making the stingray a bit more powerful in case some future owners do not want an ERAY and can NOT get a z06 ever. Unless they spend a fortune and buy used since the z06 will be in exotic price territory if you're not on any MSRP list. And we know there aren't many of them.

I'm more concerned with the DCT though as some people are having issues with them stock. Nevermind dumping another 200hp+ with these twin turbos or blowers.
Agreed with all of this.

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 09-24-2022 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2022, 04:06 PM   #1361
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Worth your look...

Meh. 1500 RWD. Trying to get on Street Outlaws? Lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2022, 04:59 PM   #1362
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
I’ve watched her a few times but feel she is clickbaity. Unsubscribed due to excessive annoying personality. I have to deal with people at work, I don’t need to deal with it after work.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7835.00
Cos270608.50
      09-24-2022, 05:00 PM   #1363
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I’m still on the list but guessing I’m so far deep that the next gen will come out before I get called up to bat.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2022, 05:08 PM   #1364
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I’m still on the list but guessing I’m so far deep that the next gen will come out before I get called up to bat.
The C8 could very well run up the end of the decade. Especially because of how successful it has been so far.

I do believe the next gen corvette will be EV though.

So now is your chance at getting probably the best z06 ever made. Because there sure as well won't be another NA V8 of this kind in the next one.