BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

06-11-2018, 06:55 PM   #1
pgn29
Rep
Drives: 13 750 LiX

Door Lock Issue on 13 750 F02.....

I had a issue with my door locks over the weekend but solved it. I used the comfort access door handle to attempt open the driver door. I pulled on the handle several times and nada. Then I noticed when i used the fob to unlock doors all except the driver door opened. I used the manual key to unlock and get in driver side door. Once inside - I started car, pressed the central door lock button next to air vent to see if door would lock-unlock and nada. I went to the left rear door and manually pressed the door lock down and closed the door. That was a headache because I could not open that door again.

Well, after looking all over for tech help on the 7 series which is minimal, most of the material said that it was my door lock actuator but I had no clue which one was bad.

I was about to order one from FCPeuro, but decided to check the FUSES first. Low and behold after checking like 20 fuses that control door locks it was Fuse #15 (rated at 15amps). It was behind the glove box awkward position, used a super small needle nose pliers with grip, good flashlight, and new fuse to fix the issue.

All is back to normal and hopefully will stay as such!! I just wanted to share my input as not many people seem to work on their BMW 7s. I had a Benz prior and i used the forums a lot to do my own work. I wish there was more for the 7s in detail in these forums to stay away from the stealerships!! Thanks much!
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2018, 11:44 PM   #2
malibu3
Rep
Drives: 2011 740i

Good looking out! My rear driver side door has been acting funny and my mirrors won't gold when I lock the doors. Comfort access is turned on. I'll check the fuses.

I also had a Benz and I agree, those forums had a ton of info...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #3
Clint Eastwood
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 7-Series 730d 2009

The front passenger door lock on my 2009 730d F01 won't open or lock - whereas the other 3 doors are fine. Is there a fuse per door, or does this sound like a broken central locking motor/actuator in this door?

It opens ok using the interior handle manually - but doesn't respond to the remote keyfob.
Appreciate 0