BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

12-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #1
Can84
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 1M F10 M5 F82 M4

So, it happened all of sudden, i drove for 70 km in the highway while cruise control engaged at 110km/h when i took the exit and slowed down to make long left turn at the end of the turn heard knocking sound and immediately drivetrain malfunction error came up on the screen while i was trying to figure out what's going on white smoke started to coming out and i pulled over immediately every thing happened in couple of seconds.

Tow truck pulled the car to the dealer. They imitate told me engine failed and also broke the front differential as well. Dealer done major service 1 week before the incident all liquids filters and brake pads replaced and it's 2016 MY and has 37K Km on the clock.

My warranty expired on August. They never had such a problem ever before with this type of engine after discussing with BMW AG everything getting fixing under warranty!

I appreciate how BMW stand behind their product. I sold my E63s because had some terrible experience with Mercedes, they declined to fix my car etc. anyway thats a whole new story.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Nice to see these types of stories make the rounds. Usually it's people complaining about one thing or another, so its refreshing to see the other side of the coin.

Happy to know you'll have a brand new engine to enjoy! Well played BMW!
      12-20-2019, 03:39 PM   #3
EZgo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
Nice to see these types of stories make the rounds. Usually it's people complaining about one thing or another, so its refreshing to see the other side of the coin.

Catastrophic engine failure at 22k miles...not a very refreshing story for me even if it didn't end quite as bad as it could have, but to each his own.
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2019, 04:38 PM   #4
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZgo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post

Catastrophic engine failure at 22k miles...not a very refreshing story for me even if it didn't end quite as bad as it could have, but to each his own.
You're right on one account, it didn't end as badly as it could have; it ended in the best way possible. New engine with 0 miles on the clock.

You strike me as one of those "the new grilles are too big" types whose only contributions to these forums are negative in nature. Your comment was entirely pointless and a waste of keystrokes.