BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

05-30-2023, 11:47 PM   #1
7seriesbimmer
Rep
Drives: 7 series

Does 760i come with key card in US?

Hi - recently purchased a CPO 760i and curious if all US 760i models originally come with a key card? If so, should the CPO have included that as well (I believe it is required to come with 2 key fobs, but not sure about anything else)?

As an aside, other than a manual, is there anything else delivered with the vehicle that I should ensure we received as well?

Thanks, and we are happy to be part of the club here!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 07:15 AM   #2
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seriesbimmer View Post
Hi - recently purchased a CPO 760i and curious if all US 760i models originally come with a key card? If so, should the CPO have included that as well (I believe it is required to come with 2 key fobs, but not sure about anything else)?

As an aside, other than a manual, is there anything else delivered with the vehicle that I should ensure we received as well?

Yes, it does come with a key card.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 02:13 PM   #3
GuynamedGuy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 series

My 740 came with a key card.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 07:57 PM   #4
7seriesbimmer
Rep
Drives: 7 series

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2023, 03:46 PM   #5
seans
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seriesbimmer View Post

If your car is CPO, then you may want to ask your client advisor to order you a key card free of charge. The car is indeed supposed to come with one (in addition to a high-quality charger too).

I was very lucky to have found a 1-month-old i7 being sold at a Mini dealership in the South some time around March for $30,000 off MSRP but it was NOT CPO. The car did not come with a key card, nor did it come with a wall charger.

The cost to replace the keycard is about $100 with tax; I chose to order one. The key cards are encoded to the vehicle; the one from my previous 530e does not work. The cost for a 40A charger is about $600. I decided to purchase a J+ Booster to keep in the trunk instead of going w/ the BMW one.
Appreciate 0