BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-15-2023, 09:36 AM   #23
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemalon View Post
Did it cause any prolems after the applications? I will try and share my experiences.
Do you mean BMW Online applications (vehicle apps) or BMW Apps (smartphone apps)? I dont see why either of these would cause any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioskis View Post
So there is no tv for me. Don’t know why. It’s wrote no signal. I found 61 I think channels but nothing.
That is odd indeed. Perhaps you could ask your local dealer or BMW Assist for a clarification on this matter, as I don't really know where to go from here without knowing specifics about local broadcast requirements and car capabilities. It definitely finds the digital channels, I just dont understand why it wont display those.
Appreciate 2
      02-16-2023, 01:44 AM   #24
billy.gif
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Transfer the region from Belgium to Finland

For Rioskis

Has the car "region" changed from Belgium to Finland? I doubt. This may affect if you can or can't see the Finnish channels. I bought German imported 740Le and the previous owner had not contacted "BMW Suomi" for this matter -> I could not buy stuff from the Finnish Connected Drive shop / they appeared differently. Sometimes it takes very long time system to find the TV channels, can you even see the "channel listing" (MTV3, YLE 1, Nelonen etc)? If not then its probably the wrong region (Belgium). If you want to be sure, drive the car somewhere really open place like seaside and just wait and sit at the car for like 15 minutes. Do not engage Drive / Reverse as it will then "shut down" the TV function!

I suggest:

https://www.bmw.fi/fi/index.html

1. Make account there, its called "BMW ConnectedDrive account".
2. Add your vehicle (VIN) there, "pair it" with your My BMW -app (you need to sit in the vehicle, there will appear PIN number at the screen).
3. When this "pairing" has been done, you can contact BMW Finland and ask them to transfer the car region from Belgium to Finland. They will ask some personal ID from you, "sosiaaliturvatunnus" / scan of your passport and also vehicle VIN & proof of ownership / "rekisteröintitodistus" from Traficom.fi.

It was a bit of hassle but worth it!

Here's direct copy-paste about transferring my car from German region to Finland region. Sorry all this is Finnish, I cant transfer it. Hope Rioskis you'll understand this and this is helpful.

My email:

Pyytäisin että ajoneuvoni ION-558 / VIN WBA7J21010G496999 ”markkina-alue” muutettaisiin Saksasta Suomeen, jotta voisin käyttää BMW Suomen nettikauppaa erilaisten lisäominaisuuksien hankkimiseen. Auto on ”saksantuontiauto” eikä edellinen omistaja ole muutosta siihen tehnyt -> en voi ostaa autoon suomen nettikaupasta mitään palveluita.

Millaisella viiveellä tämä muutos tapahtuu? Vaatiiko se minulta erityistoimenpiteitä?

Their respose:

Vastauksena tiedusteluihisi, selvitämme seuraavaa:

1. Jotta tuontiauton digitaaliset palvelut toimivat moitteettomasti, se tulee siirtää nykyisen maan markkina-alueelle. Ajoneuvosi tulee siis siirtää hallinnollisesti Suomeen. Tätä varten tarvitsemme sinulta liitteenä ja vastauksena seuraavaa:

-Ajoneuvon rekisteriote (mm.Traficomin sivuilta maksutta ladattavissa oleva “Ajoneuvon tiedot” PDF -tiedosto)
-Auton omistajan henkilökortti / passi
-Auton omistajan täydellinen kotiosoite
-Siirron jälkeen voit tehdä ostoksia ConnectedDrive Shopin kautta, lisätä asetuksiin huoltopisteen jne.

2. Olemme huomanneet liitekuvista, että puhelimessasi on käyttökielenä englanti. Sovellus huomioi aina puhelimen kieliasetukset ja joskus saattaa yhdistää BMW -tilin kieliasetusten vuoksi virheellisesti väärään maahan, jos tilin luonti tehdään sovelluksen kautta. Tietokannassamme näkyykin BMW -tilisi luotuna nyt Iso-Britannian alle, mutta se voidaan korjata myös em. markkina-alueen muutoksella.

3. Selvityksenä liitekuvaan auton iDrive -näytöltä, jossa näkyy ilmoitus, että ConnectedDrive Store ei ole saatavilla, selvitämme, että aiemmin kauppaan (Store) oli pääsy myös iDriven kautta. Nyt palveluiden ostot voit tehdä joko kirjautumalla BMW tunnuksillasi sisään http://www.bmw-connecteddrive.fi sivustolle, tai My BMW sovelluksen kautta. Ajoneuvon kautta ei tätä mahdollisuutta enää ole.

Their 2nd response:

Kiitos sähköpostiviestistä 20.01.2022.

Kiitos pyydettyjen tietojen lähetyksestä. Vahvistamme ajoneuvosi ja tilisi siirron nyt Suomen markkina-alueelle.

Suosittelemme, että teet nyt vielä palveluiden päivityksen ajoneuvossasi seuraavalla tavalla:

1. Valitse näytöltä “ConnectedDrive”.
2. Siirry “ConnectedDrive Store” -kohdan päälle.
3. Paina siinä “Option” painiketta (löytyy keskikonsolin ohjaimesta)
4. Valitse näytöltä “Päivitä BMW palvelut”.
5. Ok

Palveluiden päivitys Ok -valinnan jälkeen voi kestää verkossa noin tunnin. Suosittelemme, että auto on tuon tunnin ajan lukittuna ja pysäköitynä alueella, jossa on hyvä verkkoyhteys/-peitto.

Sovelluksen toimivuuteen liittyen, suosittelemme, että poistat kertaalleen My BMW -sovelluksen asennuksen ja lataat se uudelleen, jotta se ei muistaisi vanhoja brittiläisiä tilitietoja. Kieliasetusten ei enää tulisi haitata tilin tietoja eikä sovelluksen käyttöä.

Voit nyt kirjautua ConnectedDrive sivustolle ja halutessasi tehdä palveluostoja http://www.bmw-connecteddrive.fi sivuston Shopissa. Uuden palveluoston jälkeen suosittelemme tuota em. BMW palveluiden päivitystä, jotta palveluiden päivittyminen ajoneuvoon onnistuu ongelmitta.

The email address for this process was: connecteddrive.fi@bmw.fi OR you can call them: 0800132233.

They did it free of charge.

Last edited by billy.gif; 02-16-2023 at 02:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
Raimo5174.00
      02-16-2023, 01:53 AM   #25
billy.gif
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
I made few pictures how mine looks. There might be some country/market specific differences too. Dont mind the Smartphone apps section, this comes from AAIdrive app for Android. Also Online Mail should be under communication menu. Make sure you have done serivces update under ConnectedDrive options menu.

I also coded BMW Apps 6NR to my car and native smartphone app list came up. No Web Radio though, but that is okay I guess as with smartphone apps, you can stream internet radio stations from those apps directly. Maybe this was their thinking in the first place when (or if!) they decided to remove Web Radio app. At any rate, you need 6NR for that and iPhone. With Android, you just need the AAIdrive app and it will give you all the same functionality and much more.

EDIT: Also there should be some apps under the Navigation menu, like coutry info, find petrol stations and such. Not entirely sure if these are part of the BMW Online that comes with Connected Booster Package or are standard scope, but I think part of the package.
I have a German imported pre-LCI G12 with iDrive 5 and even with all the "Connected" stuff paid I do not have any of those special apps like Amazon Alexa -service or Spotify? I have only wiki, Flickr, weather and news which all appeared only after I paid the "Connected Booster" -package.

Apparently my car is also lacking the "6NR" -option? Here's all of the "6xxx" options listing of my car (MY2017), maybe you could verify my assumption, sir:

06AE Teleservices
06AG eDrive services
06AK Connected Drive Services
06AM Real-Time Traffic Information
06AN Concierge Services
06CP Preparation Apple CarPlay
06F1 Bowers & Wilkins High End Sound System
06FR Fond Entertainment Experience
06FV Online entertainment
06NB Rear compartment telephone
06NW Telephony with wireless charging
06U8 BMW gesture control
06UK Night Vision with person recognition
06WB Multifunctional instrument display
06WD WLAN Hotspot

My VIN: WBA7J21010G496999
Appreciate 1
Raimo5174.00
      02-16-2023, 02:42 AM   #26
Rioskis
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 740Le x drive

Thank you billy. I have all this bmw app I did everything already. But I didn’t contact bmw dealer here in raisio. So I guess I should. I don’t speak finnish ) anyway I think they could write in English too.
Also I payed for booster package.

By the way yes car region is automatic. I can’t do Finland it’s written only Europe or so.. but I did both automatic or Europe and nothing. It’s shows that it found 61 digital channel but no signal anyway.. I can’t see what channel it founds.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 03:14 AM   #27
billy.gif
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thank you billy. I have all this bmw app I did everything already. But I didn’t contact bmw dealer here in raisio. So I guess I should. I don’t speak finnish ) anyway I think they could write in English too.
Also I payed for booster package.

By the way yes car region is automatic. I can’t do Finland it’s written only Europe or so.. but I did both automatic or Europe and nothing. It’s shows that it found 61 digital channel but no signal anyway..I can’t see what channel it founds.
So the channel listing is empty, this looks like the car is in "Belgium mode" or such. Normally you can see the channel names there but the "no signal" comes when you try to watch one of them if the signal is poor. The car needs kind of open area for "reaching the signal" and car needs to be parked, transmission in Neutral. For example city streets in Helsinki often give me "no signal", even some forestry areas. I believe same in Turku

I would contact the said email ( connecteddrive.fi@bmw.fi ) and explain the situation to them; car has been imported from Belgium etc. And ask them to check the "car region" and transfer the car from Belgium to Finland. But they will need said documents, at least image of your passport, your home address, proof of ownership "rekisteriote" from Traficom.fi.

I would gladly help you in this and other stuff with the car also, but I live near Espoo, some 100km away from Turku
Appreciate 1
Rioskis14.50
      02-16-2023, 03:18 AM   #28
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.gif View Post
So the channel listing is empty, this looks like the car is in "Belgium mode" or such. Normally you can see the channel names there but the "no signal" comes when you try to watch one of them if the signal is poor. The car needs kind of open area for "reaching the signal" and car needs to be parked, transmission in Neutral. For example city streets in Helsinki often give me "no signal", even some forestry areas. I believe same in Turku

I would contact the said email ( connecteddrive.fi@bmw.fi ) and explain the situation to them; car has been imported from Belgium etc. And ask them to check the "car region" and transfer the car from Belgium to Finland. But they will need said documents, at least image of your passport, your home address, proof of ownership "rekisteriote" from Traficom.fi.

I would gladly help you in this and other stuff with the car also, but I live near Espoo, some 100km away from Turku
Thank you one more time. Well it’s not far at all Espoo 1.5h of drive. If you will come here write me we could go to some coffee or a beer 😊 I wrote you on private but not sure if you got. I said how you can find me on Facebook.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 10:20 AM   #29
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:

So.. I called to ConnectedDrive today. They said my car is in Finland ragion and they have no idea why I can’t see tv. They said it’s nothing to do with booster package. I said I know but still why I can’t see so there wasn’t an answer for me. I went to bmw dealer in raisio and they have no idea also.. so there is nothing to do for me 😂 of course I can try to write an email where you sent me but I think it will not help. I even said that for someone the car was imported from Germany and he can see tv. Anyway they said my car normally connected and the region is normally Finland.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2023, 10:35 AM   #30
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have a German imported pre-LCI G12 with iDrive 5 and even with all the "Connected" stuff paid I do not have any of those special apps like Amazon Alexa -service or Spotify? I have only wiki, Flickr, weather and news which all appeared only after I paid the "Connected Booster" -package.

Apparently my car is also lacking the "6NR" -option? Here's all of the "6xxx" options listing of my car (MY2017), maybe you could verify my assumption, sir:
Your car indeed comes without BMW Apps 6NR option. As mentioned above, this is only for Smartphone Apps integration. It will give you a library of your music apps so you can control and browse them directly from your car instead of phone itself. 6NR, as far as I understand, is for iPhones only. If you are Android user, then you can use app called AAIdrive that will give all those same functions and more without needing 6NR.

If you are an iPhone user, then this functionality can easily be programmed in via dealer or a third party, but will require an FSC enabling. I see that you also have Apple CarPlay preparation. Not sure what this "preparation" entails, but if you use iPhone, then I think it is more useful to go CarPlay route. It will give you more functionality. Regardless of what is in options list of the car when it came from factory, both BMW Apps and CarPlay can be rather easily fitted afterwards via coding.

Regarding 'Vehicle apps' - these come from the Connected Booster Package that you have ordered. As I mentioned previously, the selection of apps that are available might be market dependent. I have my car registered with German ConnectedDrive portal, as we dont even have ConnectedDrive store here in Estonia, for my car at least. At any rate, I suggest you update the BMW Services under ConnectedDrive 'OPTIONS' menu so that you know this is not a limiting factor. Also make sure you are logged in with your CD credentials in that menu. I will also attach a picture of digital services that came with my Connected Booster Package. You can compare those against yours to see if they match.

Also the car region should change automatically these days if the ConnectedDrive registration has been done properly. You can confirm this by logging in to your ConnectedDrive portal, selecting BMW CarData and then requesting CarData report. Once the report is compiled, it will also specify the currently assigned region of the vehicle.

@Rioskis I found this thread regarding TV. Symptoms seem to match so check it out - https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1635787
Attached Images

Last edited by Raimo5; 02-16-2023 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 2
      02-16-2023, 11:30 AM   #31
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Your car indeed comes without BMW Apps 6NR option. As mentioned above, this is only for Smartphone Apps integration. It will give you a library of your music apps so you can control and browse them directly from your car instead of phone itself. 6NR, as far as I understand, is for iPhones only. If you are Android user, then you can use app called AAIdrive that will give all those same functions and more without needing 6NR.

If you are an iPhone user, then this functionality can easily be programmed in via dealer or a third party, but will require an FSC enabling. I see that you also have Apple CarPlay preparation. Not sure what this "preparation" entails, but if you use iPhone, then I think it is more useful to go CarPlay route. It will give you more functionality. Regardless of what is in options list of the car when it came from factory, both BMW Apps and CarPlay can be rather easily fitted afterwards via coding.

Regarding 'Vehicle apps' - these come from the Connected Booster Package that you have ordered. As I mentioned previously, the selection of apps that are available might be market dependent. I have my car registered with German ConnectedDrive portal, as we dont even have ConnectedDrive store here in Estonia, for my car at least. At any rate, I suggest you update the BMW Services under ConnectedDrive 'OPTIONS' menu so that you know this is not a limiting factor. Also make sure you are logged in with your CD credentials in that menu. I will also attach a picture of digital services that came with my Connected Booster Package. You can compare those [...]
Thank you Raimo! I read everything there.. oh well I will not do anything 😅 and I don’t think bmw dealer in Finland could do anything about that except take my money😁
Appreciate 1
Raimo5174.00
      02-16-2023, 11:39 AM   #32
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you Raimo! I read everything there.. oh well I will not do anything 😅 and I don’t think bmw dealer in Finland could do anything about that except take my money😁
Funny coincidence, but a friend of mine with 2018 G30 called me up today with same issue. I will meet up with him in few days to bring the modules up to latest software or just recode if already up to date. I will let you know how it goes with him.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 01:29 AM   #33
billy.gif
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
So.. I called to ConnectedDrive today. They said my car is in Finland ragion and they have no idea why I can’t see tv. They said it’s nothing to do with booster package. I said I know but still why I can’t see so there wasn’t an answer for me. I went to bmw dealer in raisio and they have no idea also.. so there is nothing to do for me �� of course I can try to write an email where you sent me but I think it will not help. I even said that for someone the car was imported from Germany and he can see tv. Anyway they said my car normally connected and the region is normally Finland.
Sorry to hear this. Raimo5 linked the post and at least some of the peoples there had their TV working after asking dealership to update firmware of the car. Post from summer 2022:

A simple software update seems to have fixed the TV issue for me.

I'm now running on

NBTevo_Y21432J

Telephone and Media: TB/MB -007.039.008 respectively

Can you check out which software your car is running? Lets compare it to my car; 2018 740Le German import. Mine had just a major service so the software ... well should be latest.

Please go to:

iDrive settings -> Software update -> Show current version

-If your car is due service I think they will do this "complimentary", at least if you ask them nicely In my experience 7-series owner gets different "customer service" than 2/3 series owner, you'll get things "complimentary" especially if you're being polite and nice at the service desk

But don't always trust the "service manager" (guy who sits at the desk)! I've had multiple experiences with them where they say one thing and the reality is different... Especially the younger ones, they really are just "I m just working here, I have no clue other than what PC screen says".

I'd go to (maybe different) official BMW dealer and kindly ask them to update your car software as a "complimentary" as the TV-function is "acting up".

I'll post pictures of my software as soon as I get to my car!
Appreciate 2
Rioskis14.50
Raimo5174.00
      02-17-2023, 02:08 AM   #34
billy.gif
Enlisted Member
Rep

Software

I have region "automatic" and "TV channel following" enabled.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 06:14 AM   #35
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:

I have region "automatic" and "TV channel following" enabled.
So here is mine:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-17-2023, 10:01 AM   #36
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So here is mine:
I can check your vehicles exact software integration level if you provide me with full VIN and a permission to process it.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 10:38 AM   #37
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:
I can check your vehicles exact software integration level if you provide me with full VIN and a permission to process it.
I sent you pm.
Appreciate 1
Raimo5174.00
      02-17-2023, 10:45 AM   #38
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I sent you pm.
Got it. I'll post with the data once the report is available.
Appreciate 1
Rioskis14.50
      02-18-2023, 02:51 PM   #39
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Not sure if you got my full report for dealer data and service history I sent you via PM as I'm still new member and cant use PM's fully.

Anyway, your car's actual integration level is S15A-19-03-545. This is a March 2019 release and is quite old. Dealers dont usually update the software of whole car, which the integration level is, unless there is a problem or a campaign. You can, however, request it yourself or ask them to do it for the TV function. If they go down the update route for TV, they will most definitely do the full i-step upgrade to bring your car to latest S15A-11-22-561. Separate modules are very rarely updated and only in special cases. The whole point of integration levels is to make sure that all the modules in specific target batch have been tested and verified to work with each other on their target software.

Let me know if you got the full report. If not, I'll send it to you via other channels.
Appreciate 1
Rioskis14.50
      02-18-2023, 02:58 PM   #40
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Not sure if you got my full report for dealer data and service history I sent you via PM as I'm still new member and cant use PM's fully.

Anyway, your car's actual integration level is S15A-19-03-545. This is a March 2019 release and is quite old. Dealers dont usually update the software of whole car, which the integration level is, unless there is a problem or a campaign. You can, however, request it yourself or ask them to do it for the TV function. If they go down the update route for TV, they will most definitely do the full i-step upgrade to bring your car to latest S15A-11-22-561. Separate modules are very rarely updated and only in special cases. The whole point of integration levels is to make sure that all the modules in specific target batch have been tested and verified to work with each other on their target software.

Let me know if you got the full report. If not, I'll send it to you via other channels.
Yep thank you so much. I got it! Well I need to ask here. Will see what they gonna say. Or I need to wait until I will go for vacation in Lithuania. Native language is native language.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 05:30 AM   #41
billy.gif
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yep thank you so much. I got it! Well I need to ask here. Will see what they gonna say. Or I need to wait until I will go for vacation in Lithuania. Native language is native language.
I searched around in Finnish "btcf" -forum. They said that its kind of "know issue" with older software that TV tuner can have issues.

Sorry all this is trough Google translator:

It's a software error in the video modules at the early part of G-series, the car's software is updated to the latest and the tuner starts working. Basic Finnish channels are still visible with a DVB-T1 tuner.

The problem is solved when you flash the correct module with esys.

This eventually got fixed, I don't know exactly why it didn't work the first time, but now they (BMW dealership) coded it again, did battery resets and put the car to sleep.
Appreciate 1
Rioskis14.50