BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-06-2023, 06:42 PM   #23
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
Does anyone know what is the dashboard and upper door trim material if it's not an extended nappa option, but regular. Is it SensaTec or Dakota?
See if you do a google search for the G11 ordering and pricing guide PDF for your model year. There may be a chart that lists the upholstery material options.

The f06 six series had this chart and if you had Dakota or Nappa interior BUT did not order the leather dash…the dash and door tops were made of an artificial leather material.

If you DID get the leather dash option, then the dash and door tops were Nappa leather.

Example:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2023, 08:14 AM   #24
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
See if you do a google search for the G11 ordering and pricing guide PDF for your model year. There may be a chart that lists the upholstery material options.

The f06 six series had this chart and if you had Dakota or Nappa interior BUT did not order the leather dash…the dash and door tops were made of an artificial leather material.

If you DID get the leather dash option, then the dash and door tops were Nappa leather.

Example:

Thanks,

I did look for pricing guide but did not find one for my market. With G11, its pretty much the same. You either get the dashboard in nappa leather or leave it stock, which should then be dakota.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 09:10 PM   #25
velozity
Registered
Rep
Drives: 750i xDrive

The same problem was on my 2017 750 with and luckily I noticed it before I bought it. Made the dealership replace it before I would sign. I got a copy of the service record and it was $7k! The car was from Texas. Now that the dash is new I have a sunshade for when it sits outside. Cheap insurance!
Appreciate 0