BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

12-26-2021, 03:21 PM   #1
Melya
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320iX

21'' wheels on m760li.

Hi! I have just ordered m760li must be delivered in March and now looking for 21inch wheels, because 20 is too small for me but dealer says that they wouldn't fit(without a valuable reason of course).
Also on US site with bmw parts same story ;(

Maybe someone know anything about it? Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 11:54 PM   #2
Rostami6
Rep
Drives: 2016 B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melya View Post
Hi! I have just ordered m760li must be delivered in March and now looking for 21inch wheels, because 20 is too small for me but dealer says that they wouldn't fit(without a valuable reason of course).
Also on US site with bmw parts same story ;(

Maybe someone know anything about it? Thanks!
I got my 2020 750 back in September of 2019. I ordered the 21 inch 629 wheels in “liquid black” which are no longer offered in that color.
My car is lowered a bit and I have spacers. No issues at all. Keep in mind that you will almost always need a new tire when you hit a pothole. Those low profile tires have no chance. This is my second 750 with that size wheel. Had the same issue with the previous one. A few times the wheel would crack as well. I have lost count how many tires have been replaced by the wheel and tire warranty I purchased.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 01:14 AM   #3
moebeamer
Rep
Drives: Bmw 7 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostami6 View Post
I got my 2020 750 back in September of 2019. I ordered the 21 inch 629 wheels in “liquid black” which are no longer offered in that color.
My car is lowered a bit and I have spacers. No issues at all. Keep in mind that you will almost always need a new tire when you hit a pothole. Those low profile tires have no chance. This is my second 750 with that size wheel. Had the same issue with the previous one. A few times the wheel would crack as well. I have lost count how many tires have been replaced by the wheel and tire warranty I purchased.
How has your ride quality been with the 21inch wheels? Also, how much is the tire and wheel warranty you purchased? Does it have any deductible or claim limitations? About to build mine at the dealer but not sure what the average cost is for the warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 03:08 PM   #4
Lm3lgs
Rep
Drives: 20 X3MC 20 750xi 18 230xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebeamer View Post
Quote:
How has your ride quality been with the 21inch wheels? Also, how much is the tire and wheel warranty you purchased? Does it have any deductible or claim limitations? About to build mine at the dealer but not sure what the average cost is for the warranty.
Last august I was quoted $2500 here on the east end of LI NY
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 12:13 PM   #5
Rostami6
Rep
Drives: 2016 B6

Quote:
Ride quality suffered a bit. Going over those unexpected potholes, they make a really loud “thump” sound. I’m used to it by now, but it scares the passengers when I have them. I can almost tell by the loudness, if the tire is done or not! But other than that I’d say it rides the same.
The cost was around $3500 if I remember correctly. The coverage is not just for tires. It’s tires and wheels, and what I believe is called appearance package. I have coverage for tires, wheels (includes any damage to the wheel like cracks or curb rash) door dings, cracks on windshield, lost key replacement and other items like that… it is with “IA American Warranty Group” my dealership offered it and it was rolled into my lease. There is no deductible. I never have to deal with them. After any incident, I take the car to the dealership and they handle everything. Frankly, I would never lease another car without that warranty. Well worth the money.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 12:42 PM   #6
Al Pinã
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Quote:
Ride quality suffered a bit. Going over those unexpected potholes, they make a really loud “thump” sound. I’m used to it by now, but it scares the passengers when I have them. I can almost tell by the loudness, if the tire is done or not! But other than that I’d say it rides the same.
The cost was around $3500 if I remember correctly. The coverage is not just for tires. It’s tires and wheels, and what I believe is called appearance package. I have coverage for tires, wheels (includes any damage to the wheel like cracks or curb rash) door dings, cracks on windshield, lost key replacement and other items like that… it is with “IA American Warranty Group” my dealership offered it and it was rolled into my lease. There is no deductible. I never have to deal with them. After any incident, I take the car to the dealership and they handle everything. Frankly, I would never lease another car without that warranty. Well worth the money.
Keep in mind that the price of these packages is absolutely negotiable. I'm on 23" Alpina wheels in Chicago (pothole central) and was quoted $2800 for the same type of package, which we negotiated down to $1950.
      01-12-2022, 07:05 PM   #7
The7th
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 740xd M Performance

https://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/bm...629_wheel_5050

Or try shops in Hungary or Romania for cheap import rates.
Dark Side: E53 AMG
Appreciate 0