BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

11-30-2022, 10:29 PM   #1
2021BMW745e
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 530e

G70 Order Questions & Any Word on 750e?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I currently have a 745e but very much want to order a new G70 version of the 7 because I just love it. I like having a PHEV and I read that the new 750e version of it is going to have even more HP, more EV range & a bigger trunk, which will solve all of my "complaints". You can order the 750e now in the UK and I had read it was going to be released in the US. But now I can't find anything on it and my dealer claims not to know. Has anyone heard when the 750e is going to come to the US and/or when it would be available to order?

Secondly, I may just lose patience and order an i7 or a 760i instead. I've been trying out several build configs with the 760 and noticed that recently they pulled the options for Integral (4 wheel) Steering & the Rear Lounge package. Is there a reason why they would do this? They are still available to order on the i7. They've also been pulled from the 740i build, which now you can't even add the Luxury Rear seating package. Do they often pull options off the configurator and then add them on later?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 08:51 AM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021BMW745e View Post
I currently have a 745e but very much want to order a new G70 version of the 7 because I just love it. I like having a PHEV and I read that the new 750e version of it is going to have even more HP, more EV range & a bigger trunk, which will solve all of my "complaints". You can order the 750e now in the UK and I had read it was going to be released in the US. But now I can't find anything on it and my dealer claims not to know. Has anyone heard when the 750e is going to come to the US and/or when it would be available to order?

Secondly, I may just lose patience and order an i7 or a 760i instead. I've been trying out several build configs with the 760 and noticed that recently they pulled the options for Integral (4 wheel) Steering & the Rear Lounge package. Is there a reason why they would do this? They are still available to order on the i7. They've also been pulled from the 740i build, which now you can't even add the Luxury Rear seating package. Do they often pull options off the configurator and then add them on later?
IAS is standard on the 760. BTW the trunk is not bigger than the G12 -- they are almost identical. In fact the G70 is a tiny bit smaller. I took the trunk mat out of my G12 and put it in the G70 to see if I could use it, and the mat is a tiny bit larger on the right and left sides. Fore and aft is the same.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 06:20 PM   #3
2021BMW745e
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
IAS is standard on the 760. BTW the trunk is not bigger than the G12 -- they are almost identical. In fact the G70 is a tiny bit smaller. I took the trunk mat out of my G12 and put it in the G70 to see if I could use it, and the mat is a tiny bit larger on the right and left sides. Fore and aft is the same.
I have a 745e which has a significantly shrunken trunk compared to the rest of the G12 line-up because of the dual engine scenario. So both the 760 & i7 have a significantly larger trunk. I read that the 750e now has the normal G12 trunk instead of the 745e shrunken one. The 745e trunk can fit 1 suitcase tops.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 02:53 PM   #4
M3ditate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ALL of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021BMW745e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
I have a 745e which has a significantly shrunken trunk compared to the rest of the G12 line-up because of the dual engine scenario. So both the 760 & i7 have a significantly larger trunk. I read that the 750e now has the normal G12 trunk instead of the 745e shrunken one. The 745e trunk can fit 1 suitcase tops.
Unsure what you mean, but the electric motor is sandwiched in between the bell housing and the engine block, the gas tank is above the rear axle (impending on trunk ******* and the LI battery is under the rear seat.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 10:03 PM   #5
2021BMW745e
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ditate View Post
Unsure what you mean, but the electric motor is sandwiched in between the bell housing and the engine block, the gas tank is above the rear axle (impending on trunk ******* and the LI battery is under the rear seat.
Trust me, I have one and know, the trunk is smaller on the 745e than it is on any other G11. It's for the battery. Per Car and Driver, the 745e trunk is 14.8 cubic feet and the regular 740i is 18.2 and Tom Voelk confirms it is 3.5 feet smaller. So I really hope the 750e, whenever it is released, has the bigger trunk or I will likely get an i7 or 760 because I want a full size trunk.
Appreciate 0