BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-13-2023, 11:53 AM   #1
Rioskis
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 740Le x drive

Hello all.
So.. I don’t have Apple car play I need to pay 300€ for it. (In Finland). My car is 2017 740Le. Question is: is it possible to do it for free? Somehow code it?

Also I can’t see any apps in my car. I mean weather app and so on. But in the service it’s written I have some where it is for free. Do I need to upgrade to “YOUR CONNECTED EXTENSION PACKAGE” for 89€?
Or should I go to bmw dealer maybe they have something to do with it?
I had Mercedes so Mercedes something did and I can look for weather or listen internet radio. Here I can’t do anything.

I appreciate your time with answers. Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 06:23 PM   #2
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Hi there!

For Apple CarPlay, you need to have valid and activated FSC code. This can be obtained via dealer but there are other vendors around the internet as well who can provide you with the FSC for a lot cheaper. Don't know if it is also possible to import CarPlay FSC via USB stick or only diagnostics cable (ENET, ICOM).

For ConnectedDrive applications to appear in your car, you need to have a valid BMW Online subscription. This is no longer available separately but is a part of Connected Booster Package, along with Amazon Alexa, RTTI, Online Voice Processing, On-Street parking, Remote 3D view and others. BMW Online, like other paid features, was free for a certain amount of time after the new car with its ConnectedDrive services was first registered. But yes, it is that 'your connected extension package', or what ever it is named regionally, that you want.

Last edited by Raimo5; 02-13-2023 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 2
      02-14-2023, 07:13 AM   #3
billy.gif
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Hi Rioskis!

I strongly recommend you to create account to Finnish BMW enthusiast site "btcf.fi". There's members who have knowledge to for example code your car and add stuff like Apple Car Play for fraction of the price of 300 euros.

But for the weather etc. apps you will have to pay for the annual 89 euros to the BMW, "Connected package". The package also enables quite handy "RTTI" or "real time traffic information" (traffic jams, accidents, etc.) in your navigation system and it also enables you to search places "google style" in your My BMW -app and send these to the navigation system. For example just search "Tampere railway station". Without the Connected package you can only search and send direct / known addresses into the navigation system, you need to know the exact address for Tampere railway station in order to navigate there.

www.btcf.fi
Appreciate 2
Rioskis14.50
Raimo5181.50
      02-14-2023, 07:16 AM   #4
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Wow thank you so much!!! I will look of course.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 09:45 AM   #5
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.gif View Post
Hi Rioskis!

I strongly recommend you to create account to Finnish BMW enthusiast site "btcf.fi". There's members who have knowledge to for example code your car and add stuff like Apple Car Play for fraction of the price of 300 euros.

But for the weather etc. apps you will have to pay for the annual 89 euros to the BMW, "Connected package". The package also enables quite handy "RTTI" or "real time traffic information" (traffic jams, accidents, etc.) in your navigation system and it also enables you to search places "google style" in your My BMW -app and send these to the navigation system. For example just search "Tampere railway station". Without the Connected package you can only search and send direct / known addresses into the navigation system, you need to know the exact address for Tampere railway station in order to navigate there.

www.btcf.fi
From my understanding, you can search points of interest by name in MyBMW app even without Connected Booster (name might vary) package and send the location to your car. With this package though, you can also search that very same HERE Maps online database directly from your vehicle's CID. Also the offboard natural language processing can be used to enter destinations with more precision and without using syntax.

I also do recommend this package as I feel I get enough functionality out of it for the price of two coffees per month.

Oh and Weather App data provider is Vaisala so it is nice and accurate.
Appreciate 2
      02-14-2023, 11:26 AM   #6
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
From my understanding, you can search points of interest by name in MyBMW app even without Connected Booster (name might vary) package and send the location to your car. With this package though, you can also search that very same HERE Maps online database directly from your vehicle's CID. Also the offboard natural language processing can be used to enter destinations with more precision and without using syntax.

I also do recommend this package as I feel I get enough functionality out of it for the price of two coffees per month.

Oh and Weather App data provider is Vaisala so it is nice and accurate.
Billy, Raimo, maybe you know is it normal? I will add a screenshot. So it says I need to renew or connect to service but I did. I can see RTTI I can see weather and so on.. also do you know can I listen internet radio when I have this? I can’t find anything like this. So here are screenshots:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 12:23 PM   #7
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Looks good to me. What exactly says that you need to renew or connect to service?

Web Radio is part of BMW Apps (6NR) option and it works via your connected phone (USB or Bluetooth) sending the web radio data to vehicle via built in functionality that was in BMW Connected App. Not sure if this is still the case for current MyBMW app, but it could be as other functions of BMW Apps do work.

Providing that you have 6NR option and everything is set up correctly, then I assume you will find the Web Radio under Media menu, not ConnectedDrive.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 12:27 PM   #8
Markr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d Xdrive M Sport

Hi Rioskis, was your car originally registered for the Finnish market? I am just trying to think of other reasons why it won’t work correctly.
      02-14-2023, 12:30 PM   #9
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markr View Post
Hi Rioskis, was your car originally registered for the Finnish market? I am just trying to think of other reasons why it won’t work correctly.
Nope Belgium. When I bought they said it’s imported from Belgium. It’s just interesting. Everything I have but still when I press connecteddrive store I got this pop up that I need to connect or renew.. so not get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 12:31 PM   #10
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Also I can’t see tv. It just not show anything for me😂 don’t know how connect what to do actually..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 12:34 PM   #11
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Looks good to me. What exactly says that you need to renew or connect to service?

Web Radio is part of BMW Apps (6NR) option and it works via your connected phone (USB or Bluetooth) sending the web radio data to vehicle via built in functionality that was in BMW Connected App. Not sure if this is still the case for current MyBMW app, but it could be as other functions of BMW Apps do work.

Providing that you have 6NR option and everything is set up correctly, then I assume you will find the Web Radio under Media menu, not ConnectedDrive.
I don’t have web radio or anything like this in media menu. Only regular fm tv usb cd and phones. By the way also I can’t mirroring my iPhone to my car. Don’t know why.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 12:41 PM   #12
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioskis View Post
when I press connecteddrive store I got this pop up that I need to connect or renew.. so not get it.
Is that the ConnectedDrive Store app in car itself? That has been discontinued. Maybe it wants you to update ConnectedDrive apps and services, aka provisioning in car. You can do that by going into options menu by pressing 'OPTIONS' button on CON.

Quote:
Also I can’t see tv. It just not show anything for me�� don’t know how connect what to do actually..
When in TV function, press 'OPTIONS' on CON and set your Region to Automatic or choose manually. After that, do a station scan.

Quote:
I don’t have web radio or anything like this in media menu. Only regular fm tv usb cd and phones. By the way also I can’t mirroring my iPhone to my car. Don’t know why.
Do you know if your car has 'BMW Apps' 6NR option?

Mirroring or Screencast is only for Android devices.

Last edited by Raimo5; 02-14-2023 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rioskis14.50
      02-14-2023, 12:46 PM   #13
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Do you know if your car has 'BMW Apps' 6NR option?

Mirroring or Screencast is only for Android devices.
For the tv I did what you wrote but no luck. Maybe that the car from belgium? Have no idea of course will try one more time tomorrow.

I have no idea what is 6NR🙄 so have no idea if my car has it or not.

Didn’t know it’s only for Android😡
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 12:50 PM   #14
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
For the tv I did what you wrote but no luck. Maybe that the car from belgium? Have no idea of course will try one more time tomorrow.

I have no idea what is 6NR🙄 so have no idea if my car has it or not.

Didn’t know it’s only for Android😡
Shouldn't be an issue. I have G11 imported from Germany and I have TV working just fine. As long as the sales region, ECE, is correct, it should work. Do you have any freely available channels in Finland? Also there is and option under options menu to display paid/locked channels.

You can feed the VIN of your car here and post back what is under Multimedia column.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 12:52 PM   #15
Rioskis
Private
Rep

“Is that the ConnectedDrive Store app in car itself? That has been discontinued. Maybe it wants you to update ConnectedDrive apps and services, aka provisioning in car. You can do that by going into options menu by pressing 'OPTIONS' button on CON.”

Yes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 12:54 PM   #16
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Shouldn't be an issue. I have G11 imported from Germany and I have TV working just fine. As long as the sales region, ECE, is correct, it should work. Do you have any freely available channels in Finland? Also there is and option under options menu to display paid/locked channels.

You can feed the VIN of your car here and post back what is under Multimedia column.
I guess it doesn’t have internet radio..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 12:57 PM   #17
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:

Actually I have no idea is it have or not..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 01:26 PM   #18
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yes, this is normal output when you try to open ConnectedDrive store in car. It just directs you to a web page where you can do those actions instead.

Your car doesn't have 'BMW Apps' 6NR option listed. None the less it can be retrofitted much like CarPlay if that is what you are interested in. I know my car has BMW Apps FSC certificates installed and accepted. I'll go out and quickly VO code my car for BMW Apps and see what comes up.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 01:36 PM   #19
Rioskis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yes, this is normal output when you try to open ConnectedDrive store in car. It just directs you to a web page where you can do those actions instead.

Your car doesn't have 'BMW Apps' 6NR option listed. None the less it can be retrofitted much like CarPlay if that is what you are interested in. I know my car has BMW Apps FSC certificates installed and accepted. I'll go out and quickly VO code my car for BMW Apps and see what comes up.
Thank you so much for your time.

So basically you can’t do more than it’s already is written? There is also Flickr I think.
So you can’t have more apps right?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 03:48 PM   #20
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

I made few pictures how mine looks. There might be some country/market specific differences too. Dont mind the Smartphone apps section, this comes from AAIdrive app for Android. Also Online Mail should be under communication menu. Make sure you have done serivces update under ConnectedDrive options menu.

I also coded BMW Apps 6NR to my car and native smartphone app list came up. No Web Radio though, but that is okay I guess as with smartphone apps, you can stream internet radio stations from those apps directly. Maybe this was their thinking in the first place when (or if!) they decided to remove Web Radio app. At any rate, you need 6NR for that and iPhone. With Android, you just need the AAIdrive app and it will give you all the same functionality and much more.

EDIT: Also there should be some apps under the Navigation menu, like coutry info, find petrol stations and such. Not entirely sure if these are part of the BMW Online that comes with Connected Booster Package or are standard scope, but I think part of the package.
Attached Images

Last edited by Raimo5; 02-14-2023 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 2
      02-15-2023, 01:56 AM   #21
lemalon
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Did it cause any problems after the applications? I will try and share my experiences.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 08:32 AM   #22
Rioskis
Private
Rep

So there is no tv for me. Don’t know why. It’s wrote no signal. I found 61 I think channels but nothing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0