BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-25-2023, 05:42 AM   #1
Stormbitch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G11

Your DIAMOND CUT DISPUTE advice please.

I have an old 2016 G11 with Diamond cut M-Sport 20s.

Wheels repaired in 2020 by BMW Retailer.

I had no corrosion before the repair.

Corrosion is terrible now.

All round centre caps spreading outwards, round the outside rim and some on the spokes.

I asked the retailer about "how long a repair is supposed to last" - their response was we don't give more than 3 months warranty. Had they said that at the time, I would not have instructed the repair.

They explained that diamond cut wheels are prone to corrosion for a number of reasons and that they often recommend wheel replacement over repair now.

Question:

In the UK we have a law that states repairs, goods services, should be carried out with "proper care and skill" and "last a reasonable amount of time". This clearly has not.

What would you do?

My theory is that the repair may have affected the integrity of the wheel OR that all 2016 Diamond Cut wheels look the same as this.
Appreciate 0