BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

04-21-2022, 06:51 PM   #1
Boostin402
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 335xi sedan

CRANK, NO START Invalid signal CAS to SMFA? '11 740LI

Hello all, I recently acquired a 2011 740li from a family friend. It sat for awhile and cranks but doesn't start. I figured id give it a shot since it has the n54 that I have become familiar with on my 08 335xi. Here's what I've done so far.
  1. installed and registered battery
  2. dtc scan using aultel maxicheck mx808
  3. re calibrated every option on the functions using the aultel like windows, sunroof, seats, steering wheel, and steering angle.
  4. cleared codes and cranked a few times
  5. did a dtc scan using foxwell nt530 this time ill try to include the report or list them if needed
  6. replaced blue relay under hood over cabin filter
  7. i had to recalibrate drivers seat again because the battery drained from diags and had an obstruction.
  8. TWO CODES LEFT- e46c00 signal(current personalization ignition key number, 0x23A)invalid, transmitter CAS/FEM/BDC, and auc senor faulty
  9. using ista+ now read same codes and running the test plans eliminated showroom mode, disabled key, term 15 activated, and junction box reset from being possible issues

Question is at this point- since I haven't found anything related to this code on the forum/web- does this code cause a crank no start?

From what I understand if theres any invalid communications between cas and other modules the vehicle will not start, and cas-dme sync could remedy this BUT I CAN NOT for the life of me find the dme-cas sync funtion on either the fowell nt530 or ISTA+ installed from bimmerpost main thread. Maybe it being a 740"LI" has something to do with that?? followed multiple instructions but one was using an e90n54 and the other a f01 n63.

I tried to be as detailed for anyone that can help or is in the same situation! Any progress will be noted on this thread. TIA
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 10:54 PM   #2
Boostin402
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 335xi sedan

bump

Anyone have any idea what this code refers to? Going through inpa ive only found ecu reset for the cas, no dme-cas sync option. I would think reseting both modules then syncing would fix the issue but I can't seem to find any sync options
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2022, 03:27 PM   #3
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Dme-cas sync should in ista under service function in power train section
Appreciate 0