BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-10-2022, 12:32 PM   #1
KK22
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi A8 L 60 TFSI Quattro

CNA Extended warranty claim experience..

As some of you are aware, I bought a comprehensive CNA extended warranty back in October when the new car warranty expired on my 740.
I was not too concerned about the drivetrain, just all the electronic bells and whistles that come with the car.

Lo and behold, eight months into it my rear passenger door blinds failed by getting stuck in the low position and I couldn't raise them no matter what button I pressed. I could hear the motor turning, but nothing moved as if the link between them and the motor had become dis-latched. Since this not listed specifically as "covered" but as the comprehensive warranty states that everything except a list of exclusions is covered, then this certainly wasn't excluded in that list.

So on to the dealer I went (Fields in Northfield, IL) and after submitting the claim they approved it in my no deductible contract! The bill was $1600 (1k parts) and I paid $0. Seems the extended warranty was the way to go, since I still have another 3.4 yrs left and I can refund the prorated amount anytime.

We did hit a snag though, when I got the car back there was a scuff on the door panel's nappa leather that wasn't there before. But with the added inconvenience of bringing the car in again, they had it repaired so I can't see it anymore, with no cost to me. They even ushered me back and forth to the city in an Uber at a cost of about $40 a trip, since they didn't ave any loaners available for me at the time.

So overall two thumbs waaay up Glad I didn't have to haggle any prices and paid nothing out of pocket, except some inconvenience and my time to bring the car in. If any of you are on the fence about dealing with CNA, this is a wholehearted recommendation. I didn't even call/talk to them.

Sidenote: I test drove the i4 M50 as a replacement for the misuss' Audi and although the neck snapping acceleration was impressive the rear seat room is woefully inadequate. More likely a regular 3 or 5 is much roomier. On the plus side I did like the curved screen quite a lot, just makes everything much cleaner. Something to look forward to, whenever I decide to jump on to the G70.
      06-10-2022, 11:26 PM   #2
paul.j.ghosh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M760i xDrive

KK22 warranty name, cost, terms, and duration?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 07:21 AM   #3
KK22
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.j.ghosh View Post
KK22 warranty name, cost, terms, and duration?
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28156629
      06-14-2022, 10:21 AM   #4
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Great to hear that the warranty is working out for you, and it worked as promised. Thanks for sharing.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 09:59 AM   #5
dc5525
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 740i Xdrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Great to hear that the warranty is working out for you, and it worked as promised. Thanks for sharing.
Nice! I always looked at extended warranty as basically insurance...more times than not you don't need it, or the cost of non wear & tear repairs over the 3-year period added up would typically be less than the cost of the warranty otherwise these companies would go out of business ) Enjoy that ride!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 07:09 AM   #6
KK22
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Very likely the CNA folks will make some profit from my purchase. But I am paying for a no haggling experience and assurance that genuine parts are used and repaired by my BMW dealer. I have rolled the dice on less tech laden BMWs, my F10 for example. That actually gave me no issues. But I thought it wise to have something for a car that has this many bells and whistles. Paying off so far!

Also, when I started to research companies other than BMW for extended warranty there really was not that much info out there in the forums, so I hope the posts about this experience help someone looking to warrant their G11/12 in the future.