BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #1
BrindledSaddle
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB S560 4M as Daily

2022 G12 Alpina B7

Hi folks, I wanted to ask you all about your experiences with your G11/12s, especially those with experiences in the G12 Alpinas or the 2020-2022 750s. I know it's great when it works. But what about when it doesn't? Are the problems something that are usually fixable, or irritating problems that grind on with no end in sight?

I am wondering if N63 related problems encountered by many of you in the pre LCI 2016-2019 models continue to be problematic in the 2020-2022 models as well?

Is the G12 Alpina B7 a vehicle still marred by so many problems that one would be afraid of daily use combined with frequent extended roadtrips; minimum 2000+ mile drives across the United States?

Having read up on many of the problems with the N63 engine and being aware of the court case that resulted in the recalls of the 7 series vehicles until model year 2019, I know that these vehicles are more fragile. Costly repairs or replacement parts happen. After all, cars and cars, regardless of price point and will need replacement parts. But I was also under the impression that the LCI refresh reduced some of these problems. I just don't want a vehicle that does nothing but stay in the mechanics shop for ages and never gets fixed.

Given that I've been waiting for my order... since the summer of 2021, worries about this vehicle is beginning to seep in with each passing day and I am beginning to wonder if these are signs that I ought to cancel this and re-look at the alternatives that I have on my list.

I would appreciate thoughts from you all regarding thoughts on the Alpina B7; my 2022 order gets built sometime in May and I was looking to supplement my S560 as a dual daily & roadtripper. I figured the B7 would be a nice fun and 'different taste' compared to the S560.

I am especially troubled by Lawguy's experiences (https://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1900846), given he's encountering these problems in the Alpina as well (granted, I believe he's in a pre-LCI)

Thank you all in advance!

Last edited by BrindledSaddle; 02-21-2022 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0