BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-04-2022, 03:22 AM   #1
sourabhorama
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Anyone got a 7 on order currently?

I had ordered my car in London on 30 Sep last year with original expected delivery date to be 3rd week of March. Dealer called me in January confirming it went in production early and new expected delivery date being 2nd week of February.

Unfortunately, it got pushed back with no definite delivery time now. Dealer investigated with BMW Germany who mentioned that car is pretty much complete but it is now on hold with other 7 series in the factory as some components which are in short supply waiting to be fit.

I was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation and has more information around it?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 07:33 AM   #2
Krisk101
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 series

You may want to look at this thread on previous experiences. This doesnt sound too uncommon at the moment. My 7 series was push back from initial date of July and only just got it prior to Christmas. Hopefully you will do bettter.

https://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1838146
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 11:33 PM   #3
bayarea328xit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)

Keep in mind that the current 7 will end production in June with the new model starting production in July. If you are waiting so long, you may want to consider the option of ordering the new model starting with July production.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 12:07 AM   #4
sourabhorama
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Thank you all for your responses. I had received an update from dealer earlier this week confirming car has left Germany and making its way to UK now. Hopefully it should not be long from now onwards.
Appreciate 0