BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-21-2022, 09:29 AM   #1
Atavus
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M760Li

Option 7ME VMAX Increase M760Li

Anyone had any joy getting this done in U.K? BMW U.K. just point me to my dealer. Dealer doesn’t believe it’s possible.

Fairly resigned to having to get the Germans to do it. But if anybody has got this done in the U.K. please speak up.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 02:01 PM   #2
Atavus
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Updating for future reference.

Kohl Automobile in Aachen Germany responded really quickly and can do the job. Apart from the usual things, the car must have the Y rated tyres on it to handle the 305 kph speed. That’s what I currently have, so that’s fine.

They are happy to email in English, so easy for me to deal with. Joachim their after sales guy is the contact.

They need 1-5 hours to complete the job, depending on how smoothly coding goes. I’ll stay a couple of nights.

Will update with more details dealings with them once it’s complete.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 01:43 PM   #3
Atavus
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

This is getting interesting. The Y rated tyres I have are only ok for 300 kph. Either Bridgestone need to confirm that they are happy to have them run to 305 kph or I’ll need (Y) rated tyres. The brackets mean no upper limit.

Hopefully they can confirm the approval soon as I’m booked to go there after Easter.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 02:37 PM   #4
Atavus
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Carrying on the thread documenting the 7ME retrofit.

Once BMW have changed the limiter to 305 kph there’s a tolerance of 12 kph on this model year, meaning the car could hit 317 kph.

Bridgestone are explicitly warning against driving at such speeds on the fitted tyres.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S has no such restriction and is fully TUV approved.
Appreciate 0