BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-03-2022, 03:48 PM   #1
kasrar
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 750i M-Sport

Air compressor solenoid valve fix

Hi everyone,

As of a few days ago, my car suddenly raised the air suspension on all struts and lifted itself all the way up. I ended up taking my car to my mechanic for a "chassis function limited" warning and when he took a look at the codes, he said that the problem was the air compressor solenoid valve and that I should order a replacement. Long story short, BMW wanted $2k for a whole new compressor so my mechanic advised me to just buy the part separately through aftermarket online. After he installed it, the code is now gone, but the car is slammed to the ground. Has anyone had to deal with this or fix this before? Any suggestions? I'm getting a replacement solenoid valve from the seller since there is a chance the one I ordered is faulty.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 04:06 PM   #2
ANTWAN229
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW Activehybrid 7

A guy on YouTube made a video on how to readjust the ride height with air suspension.

Hope it helps.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 04:28 PM   #3
kasrar
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 750i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTWAN229 View Post
A guy on YouTube made a video on how to readjust the ride height with air suspension.

Hope it helps.
Unfortunately, I've already tried this multiple times and it didn't help and the problem persisted. Thank you for the help though!
Appreciate 0