BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-15-2022, 04:15 PM   #1
MrTJT
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 750i xDrive

Garage List
Performance Parts

I currently own a 2016 750i xDrive and am having a little trouble finding performance parts. I already did catless downpipes and a tune but other than that I can't find anything that I really want like an upgraded intercooler. I really want to go all out with it so any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 09:45 PM   #2
g12newb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 750Li

Same boat here.
I added BCM performance air filters.

Not much for the G11/12 market out there as these are generally that don't get moded.

What brand Downpipes and Tune did you get?

I went with VRSF after ProjectGamma failed to make a lot that properly fit our card and BM3 tune.

Very happy with performance from stock.
Sound with the M exhaust is perfect too. You can keep it quiet during regular driving but turns into a beat after the flaps open.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 10:31 PM   #3
J_Spool
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i E60 535i

There's intakes that N63intakes makes for the N63R but after having them on my F10 N63 and having so many issues with lean codes from intakes….I'm too scared to try and mess with this G11. Granted the F10 was also tuned
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 08:57 AM   #4
red-lynx
Rep
Drives: 2016 750i XDrive

Gonna chime in here as well. What I've found isn't outside what the others have mentioned. It is a little disheartening how little people mod 7ers but I get it. Here's what I've found;

Catless DP - VRSF or ARM
https://bimmerstreet.com/products/bm...less-downpipes

Ignition Coils - Currently looking at the Dinan performance set
https://www.dinancars.com/products/e...ware/ignition/

Spark Plugs - 1 or 2 Step Colder NGKs

Tunes - BMS/JB4, DME, Dinan

Exhaust - Only real difference I've been able to find would be straight piping. Resonator deletes alone don't see to do much if anything to the exhaust note. The options out there that I've seen are, Stock, M-Sport, and Dinan. Dinan v M-Sport there's not enough difference to justify the cost IMO.

Turbos - Plenty of Stage 1 or 2, options for turbos that I've been able to see, but not really any in depth reviews I've been able to find as of yet.

Intake - Same as J_Spool, N63Intakes has one - 1k aluminum, 1.3k carbon
https://n63intake.com/collections/in...n-fiber-intake
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 03:14 PM   #5
kasrar
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 750i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTJT View Post
I currently own a 2016 750i xDrive and am having a little trouble finding performance parts. I already did catless downpipes and a tune but other than that I can't find anything that I really want like an upgraded intercooler. I really want to go all out with it so any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance!
Hey, sort of unrelated, but do you happen to have a dragy to post some times? Its impossible to find 0-60, 60-130, and 1/4mile times for these cars when tuned. I'd love to see the results!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 04:45 PM   #6
MrTJT
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-lynx View Post
Gonna chime in here as well. What I've found isn't outside what the others have mentioned. It is a little disheartening how little people mod 7ers but I get it. Here's what I've found;

Catless DP - VRSF or ARM
https://bimmerstreet.com/products/bm...less-downpipes

Ignition Coils - Currently looking at the Dinan performance set
https://www.dinancars.com/products/e...ware/ignition/

Spark Plugs - 1 or 2 Step Colder NGKs

Tunes - BMS/JB4, DME, Dinan

Exhaust - Only real difference I've been able to find would be straight piping. Resonator deletes alone don't see to do much if anything to the exhaust note. The options out there that I've seen are, Stock, M-Sport, and Dinan. Dinan v M-Sport there's not enough difference to justify the cost IMO.

Turbos - Plenty of Stage 1 or 2, options for turbos that I've been able to see, but not really any in depth reviews I've been able to find as of yet.

Intake - Same as J_Spool, N63Intakes has one - 1k aluminum, 1.3k carbon
https://n63intake.com/collections/in...n-fiber-intake
I really appreciate you putting this together. I just recently ordered some stage 1 turbos so those are going on next. I have Dinan coils with NGK one step colder plugs already. The only reason I'm really doing it is because I've been waiting for an M7 since I bought my first 7 in 2012 and I finally gave up lol. It's turning out to be a pretty fun project though! I'll post some pictures soon.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2022, 04:46 PM   #7
MrTJT
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasrar View Post
Hey, sort of unrelated, but do you happen to have a dragy to post some times? Its impossible to find 0-60, 60-130, and 1/4mile times for these cars when tuned. I'd love to see the results!
A buddy of mine just gave me his dragy so I will post next week some time with some times for you!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 06:17 PM   #8
kasrar
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTJT View Post
A buddy of mine just gave me his dragy so I will post next week some time with some times for you!
Awesome! Seriously can't wait to see the times. What kind of tune are you running?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 05:52 PM   #9
MrTJT
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasrar View Post
Awesome! Seriously can't wait to see the times. What kind of tune are you running?
I'm running a DME Tuning Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 09:01 PM   #10
kasrar
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Hey, any update on the dragy times by any chance? Just curious.
Appreciate 0