BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-28-2022, 10:23 PM   #1
J_Spool
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i E60 535i

16 G12 750 SZL issue?

Well that time has come finally some crap o can't figure out lol. Currently my car was at a body shop for a minor accident. I picked up car and as soon as I left shop my wipers started to go on by itself. No way for me to shut them off. Next I noticed my turn signals are dead. Basically any of the steering levers aren't working.

Got home and decided to check and see if I have a secondary battery in engine only to find the damn auxiliary battery completely disconnected and the cable against the shock tower. Anyone know if possibly this got shorted out? I tried clearing codes and no dice. I connected it back and charged it and still not responding. Everything else is fine. I'm about to start a argument with this shop about it but wanna make sure this is related before I look like a dumbass lol. Here's a pic of code for BDC

Any help is appreciated. Just want this sorted so I can finish installing my new wheels lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 01:24 AM   #2
Bagum4uK
M Driver
Latvia
Rep
Drives: G11 750d , M5 F90 , C650 SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Spool View Post
Well that time has come finally some crap o can't figure out lol. Currently my car was at a body shop for a minor accident. I picked up car and as soon as I left shop my wipers started to go on by itself. No way for me to shut them off. Next I noticed my turn signals are dead. Basically any of the steering levers aren't working.

Got home and decided to check and see if I have a secondary battery in engine only to find the damn auxiliary battery completely disconnected and the cable against the shock tower. Anyone know if possibly this got shorted out? I tried clearing codes and no dice. I connected it back and charged it and still not responding. Everything else is fine. I'm about to start a argument with this shop about it but wanna make sure this is related before I look like a dumbass lol. Here's a pic of code for BDC

Any help is appreciated. Just want this sorted so I can finish installing my new wheels lol
Should to look place where was accident! There negative connection area on body, they maybe missed to screw it back! I had than issue many years ago on other model after accident repair (negative was removed from body due to pain work, and missed to place back). But i was shocked and didn't understand what's going on 🤷🏻*♂️
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 02:24 PM   #3
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

I suggest disconnecting both batteries, let the car sit... some people touch the positive and negative cables (not on the battery!) to let any residual charge dissipate. Or let it sit for a few hours, then reconnect everything and see how it is.

Think of it like a huge computer than needs a reboot.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0