BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-13-2022, 05:10 AM   #1
billy.gif
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Exclamation Correct placement for trunk model insignia / letters for G11 / G12?

Does anyone have any valid info about the G11/12 trunk model / emblem / letter placement at the trunk?

My car had them removed by previous owner and I chose to have them back. So I took my car to the official dealer but the "subcontractor" what dealer uses for washing cars / paint correction etc. placed them like this:

1. Xdrive badge is 10mm from the edge of the trunk. This seems correct, at least in my eye?

2. The model letters 740L are 8mm from the edge of the trunk. Is this correct, in my eye it seems not?

3. Then comes the letter "e" as my car is 740Le plug-in hybrid. This confuses me: Its 10mm from the edge of the trunk meaning its 2mm higher than letters "740L".

Are these measurements right or wrong? Unfortunately I'm kind of "OCD" what comes to this type of things, so I'd like to have some sort of proof before I proceed to make official complaint. After all I paid almost 200 euros (~$240) for this.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 08:42 PM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

As for your last question on the lower-case "e", you can probably answer that question by looking at photos of a few for sale online. It would be pretty obvious. I'm guessing it's correct because those emblems usually come stuck to a backing on both sides that keeps them properly spaced for application. As for the rest, your first photo actually looks like a touch under 10mm because the ruler is held high, and the second looks like 9mm. I'm guessing those should be equal, but I doubt too many places have employees anal enough to apply them to a mm of accuracy.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 08:53 PM   #3
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

I just took my own advice and looked. The lower case e is supposed to be level with the rest so yours is wrong.
Appreciate 1