BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

01-10-2019, 04:10 PM   #23
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitcom323 View Post
Per my sales rep, the interior WILL be updated with better materials -- everything in the same place, but glass shifter, better knobs, better leather...
Well you're going to need to be distracted from what you saw as you walked up to it I guess....
      01-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #24
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Well you're going to need to be distracted from what you saw as you walked up to it I guess....
Once you are inside you don't see the outside, so you will spend more time with the interior.

I understand those who don't like the grille. I can't say I love it, but it will not stop me from getting one. I do not consider the grille to be anywhere near the ugliness of the original Bangle Butt, which drove me to MB for a few years, skipping the E60 generation (other than a E61 I had, but that was a wagon rear end).

A positive note: If the car is that fugly, maybe it will deter thieves in favor of "better looking" Audis and Lexuses. Seems to me Mercedes theft rates are going to go up.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 10:29 AM   #25
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Once you are inside you don't see the outside, so you will spend more time with the interior.

I understand those who don't like the grille. I can't say I love it, but it will not stop me from getting one. I do not consider the grille to be anywhere near the ugliness of the original Bangle Butt, which drove me to MB for a few years, skipping the E60 generation (other than a E61 I had, but that was a wagon rear end).

A positive note: If the car is that fugly, maybe it will deter thieves in favor of "better looking" Audis and Lexuses. Seems to me Mercedes theft rates are going to go up.
Looking at the interior pics the general theme hasn't changed that much to make up for/match the dramatic change at the front I'd have loved to have seen the X7 dash and console in there, but I like the new rear end treatment that's a winner in my eyes.

I'm only a few weeks into my 7 journey and the jury is out on the car, superb in some situations but in others it disappoints.
      01-11-2019, 01:21 PM   #26
Kmish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M760i Azurite Black

Quote:

Hope so. My 2017 G12 was stolen 7 months ago. But I replaced it with a 2019
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #27
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitcom323 View Post
Per my sales rep, the interior WILL be updated with better materials -- everything in the same place, but glass shifter, better knobs, better leather...
That's odd.

You would think that for the prices BMW charges for these things, all materials would already be top notch right out of the gate...

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 03:49 PM   #28
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmish View Post
Quote:

Hope so. My 2017 G12 was stolen 7 months ago. But I replaced it with a 2019
Damn! Didn't know the 7-Series was a sought after car by thieves.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0