BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > General 7-series (G11) Discussions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #23
NathanK24
Private
United_States
20
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Like the look. Feel like they are playing it safer with facelift and delaying full-on new model in an effort to see what MB does with all new S-class in 2020/2021.

Both manufacturer's new models will have full electric options. That being said, development of fully new platform must not be done either. Wireless charging is also coming with these electric/hybrid models. MB is beating BMW to it, as it appears at the moment.
Appreciate 2
      01-06-2019, 12:57 PM   #24
Ellazzar
Private First Class
Ellazzar's Avatar
30
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Chicago IL

iTrader: (0)

It's that model year that you wanna skip
Appreciate 1
yk360.00

      01-06-2019, 01:00 PM   #25
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
695
Rep
3,062
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Now we'll see what people say about the 7er. When the G11 was first released, the complaint was why BMW didn't follow the Vision Concept more closely. Now that BMW looks to have followed the concept, it will be interesting to see what the reactions will be.

The grille will still be hit/miss with most people but it's something that has to be seen in person. Like the grille on the X3, X5 and X7, in pictures they do not like proportionate to the body but in person, you just fits.

I don't know if this will boost sales of the 7er from the S-Class but it's a welcomed change to differentiate it from the 5er and 7er - model will now have their own personality instead of the one size/different length design.
Appreciate 3
      01-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #26
M3 Number 86
Major General
2748
Rep
5,784
Posts

Drives: black m3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pasadena

iTrader: (1)

This is so ugly lol
__________________
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2019, 01:30 PM   #27
nathanm4
Private First Class
United_States
60
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: AW M4
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: FLORIDA

iTrader: (0)

BMW design is getting worse. So boring compared to Audi and Mercedes.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #28
Martin2C
Private First Class
25
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: 2017 750i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Northamptonshire

iTrader: (0)

Need to see it in the flesh, but that grille looks horrendous in the Instagram picture.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 02:14 PM   #29
psuibmw
Lieutenant Colonel
psuibmw's Avatar
United_States
913
Rep
1,577
Posts

Drives: 2017 F15/2011 F10/2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW F10 535  [4.00]
2008 BMW E90  [0.00]
Someone needs to tell BMW to stop the grille insanity
Appreciate 4
      01-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #30
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
SoCali E36's Avatar
United_States
317
Rep
3,291
Posts

Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where the road takes me...

iTrader: (10)

How is this a facelift? Looks like a brand new car lol.
__________________
Appreciate 2
      01-06-2019, 02:50 PM   #31
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
398
Rep
851
Posts

Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
That's horrendous.
__________________
Freude am Fahren.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #32
montegoblue_e92
Enlisted Member
montegoblue_e92's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2009 328i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Now we'll see what people say about the 7er. When the G11 was first released, the complaint was why BMW didn't follow the Vision Concept more closely. Now that BMW looks to have followed the concept, it will be interesting to see what the reactions will be.

The grille will still be hit/miss with most people but it's something that has to be seen in person. Like the grille on the X3, X5 and X7, in pictures they do not like proportionate to the body but in person, you just fits.

I don't know if this will boost sales of the 7er from the S-Class but it's a welcomed change to differentiate it from the 5er and 7er - model will now have their own personality instead of the one size/different length design.
Agreed. I wasn't sold on the X5/X7 grilles until I saw the official pictures, and I'm liking the X5 even more now that I've seen a few on the road.

I'm thinking this LCI will look great and have some serious presence!
__________________

Instagram @allisons_e92
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #33
Martin2C
Private First Class
25
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: 2017 750i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Northamptonshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E36 View Post
How is this a facelift? Looks like a brand new car lol.
Because the face has changed!
Appreciate 1
clee1982116.00

      01-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #34
uniqueMR
Colonel
uniqueMR's Avatar
United_States
1001
Rep
2,223
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M4 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

I love LEAKS
__________________
Currently: BMW M4 Competition & Audi S3 Prestige
Previous BMWs: 340i, M3, 740i, 745Li
Previously Owned: Audi, Ducati, Honda, Infiniti, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Volkswagen
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #35
am3r1ka
Private First Class
am3r1ka's Avatar
United_States
194
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm4 View Post
BMW design is getting worse. So boring compared to Audi and Mercedes.
Merc… yeah that's a possibility. But Audi is nothing more than a VW with more aggressive lines. BMW design team is definitely better than Audi
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 05:55 PM   #36
vladberca
Major General
vladberca's Avatar
Romania
505
Rep
5,262
Posts

Drives: '17 jetta tdi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

iTrader: (0)

Curious also about the M Sport look
On X7 the grilles create an impressive presence.
The same will be with the 7.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #37
BMWintoxication
Enlisted Member
BMWintoxication's Avatar
14
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: M54
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shanghai

iTrader: (0)

Squint your eyes, you will see a hog with up pointing fangs
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 06:15 PM   #38
ynguldyn
Lieutenant Colonel
2165
Rep
1,850
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

BMW kidney grills are the new cowbell.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 06:19 PM   #39
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
695
Rep
3,062
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm4 View Post
BMW design is getting worse. So boring compared to Audi and Mercedes.
I'm not going to pretend that BMW's design is ground breaking but if anyone has boring designs, Audi is the undisputed champ. Their design philosophy is to change the absolute minimum but just enough to call it "new".
Appreciate 6
      01-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #40
gmag
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: bmw
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: us

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
I've seen the car IRL and it looks very good!!
Care to shed a little more info? Did the car you saw have the M-sport package or was it without the M-sport package like the one in the leaked pic?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #41
Harroldv
Private First Class
Belgium
56
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: F36 420xd Gran Coupe 2014
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Loppem

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
I've seen the car IRL and it looks very good!!
Care to shed a little more info? Did the car you saw have the M-sport package or was it without the M-sport package like the one in the leaked pic?
The car was in Donington grey, m sport, laserlights and full individual interior.

The car really had presence and looks as it's the boss with the big kidney grills.

Lot's of similarities with the X7.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #42
nathanm4
Private First Class
United_States
60
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: AW M4
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: FLORIDA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm4 View Post
BMW design is getting worse. So boring compared to Audi and Mercedes.
I'm not going to pretend that BMW's design is ground breaking but if anyone has boring designs, Audi is the undisputed champ. Their design philosophy is to change the absolute minimum but just enough to call it "new".
Audi has much better interior design.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #43
nathanm4
Private First Class
United_States
60
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: AW M4
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: FLORIDA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by am3r1ka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm4 View Post
BMW design is getting worse. So boring compared to Audi and Mercedes.
Merc… yeah that's a possibility. But Audi is nothing more than a VW with more aggressive lines. BMW design team is definitely better than Audi
It's not a possibility. Merc indeed looks better. Audi has better interior design.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 07:59 PM   #44
farishat
Private First Class
United_States
22
Rep
157
Posts

Drives: 2004 E46 330i ZHP
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw896 View Post
I think it needs a bigger grill
:lau ghabov
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST