BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

02-02-2023, 06:11 AM   #1
It's Good
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i

Brake Pedal Travel

As kind of a nit pick,is anybody else experiencing fairly long pedal travel on their M Sport brakes?IMO,brakes would be easier to modulate if there was more bite at the top.Wonder if this can be adjusted mechanically or with software.Also notice some abrupt downshifts when coming to a quicker than normal stop while in comfort.Any thoughts?
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue223.00
      02-02-2023, 11:35 AM   #2
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Good View Post
As kind of a nit pick,is anybody else experiencing fairly long pedal travel on their M Sport brakes?IMO,brakes would be easier to modulate if there was more bite at the top.Wonder if this can be adjusted mechanically or with software.Also notice some abrupt downshifts when coming to a quicker than normal stop while in comfort.Any thoughts?
Haven't noticed the long pedal travel but I've only driven mine 150 miles and it's now in the shop getting PPF'd. 100% agree with the abrupt downshifts when coming to a stop which makes it pretty hard to do a smooth stop. Not sure if it's because the auto stop/start seem to kick in before coming to a complete stop or what it is. I was hoping it would get better after the engine break-in. How many miles do you have on yours?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 05:44 AM   #3
It's Good
Private First Class
Rep

Have just over 5k including 2k for a trip to FL.The electric motor in the trans is supposed to smooth out shifts.I find the ASS to be inconsistent.Sometimes it's almost unnoticeable and sometimes you feel a shudder.Still wish there was a way to disable it.Said before in the forum that no car is perfect but this is pretty damn close.Loved my 750 but this is on a different level.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 08:41 AM   #4
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
Haven't noticed the long pedal travel but I've only driven mine 150 miles and it's now in the shop getting PPF'd. 100% agree with the abrupt downshifts when coming to a stop which makes it pretty hard to do a smooth stop. Not sure if it's because the auto stop/start seem to kick in before coming to a complete stop or what it is. I was hoping it would get better after the engine break-in. How many miles do you have on yours?
I really do not like ASS but I am not getting abrupt shifts. I am usually in Sport mode but with drivetrain in comfort. The ASS will not shut in that configuration, but frankly I am to my surprise getting used to it after about 1300 miles on the clock.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 06:04 PM   #5
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Good View Post
I understand what you mean now with now over a thousand miles on the clock. The brakes are kind of annoying in stop and go traffic. The ASS doesn’t help by shutting off with every stop most of the time before i even come to a complete stop. It’s a great car but these functions need some sort of adjustment. I don’t have great confidence in the brakes and it causes me to prematurely brake in some instances.
      03-23-2023, 07:25 AM   #6
It's Good
Private First Class
Rep

I think part of the problem is the high performance sport transmission.It seems if you do a lot of low speed in town driving the adaptive transmission starts to get bogged down with some rough downshifting,poor rev matching,sluggish throttle response,and poor ASS restarts.I tried the online BMW transmission reset and it seemed to work for a few days but it then reverted to the previous behavior.Going to talk to my SA about a shop trans adaptation reset during first service.The long pedal travel and less than optimal brake feel definitely don't help.No car is perfect but this is pretty darn close and maybe some of this can be corrected.
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue223.00
      03-24-2023, 09:02 PM   #7
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
Please keep us updated, I was wondering if the brakes could be adjusted for less travel and maybe more bite at the top to give me a little more confidence in busy traffic. The nose dive doesn’t help much either.