BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-11-2015, 09:46 AM   #199
DOMs335D
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1991 318is; 2017 M2

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
It seems the majority of people commenting share my surprise. I didn't expect too much after those leaked pictures. But for once a BMW has an interior that they can be proud off. Up to now I have always put up with the interior shortcomings because the drive is just so damn good. It looks like a huge jump forward.
Congrats BMW I bet this will be a sales success.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #200
AKRAPOVICOWNS
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
As has been stated before, The S-Class is the car you want to be driven around in, the 7-Series is the car you want to drive.

The thing that I am afraid of is how BMW these days takes a lot of the same design architecture applies it across their range of models. Gone are the days when a Bangle 5-Series looked completely different than a Bangle 7-Series. Not that I think the F01 or the F10 look bad, cause they don't, but I see the next G30 5-Series getting the same design language in areas such a headlights, tail lights, fender, hood, trunk, and side skirts from the new G11 7-Series, and this makes me worry. For what it's worth though, I do think the F10 is a much better looking car than the E60 was even though, when it first came out I had trouble telling if an F10 was an F10 or if it was an F01, whenever I saw one in real life. This is all academic anyways. My next car is going to be an R8 or Lambo. Lol!
Just look at the recent G30 prototype with production headlights and compare it to any early G11 prot and you'll have the answer.

They'll both look alot like each other, and that worries me already.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 09:58 AM   #201
gvega702
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW 325i Premium | Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by petritnikqi

Overall I like the 7 series better. Merc interior is very high quality but I hate the steering wheel and the way they have the two big screens in the dash does not look very cohesive. It's kinda thrown in your face. The BMW has the tech but I think it's integrated much better. Seats on Merc look better but other than that I like the 7. Even when comparing the front ends side by side. Although the S class with the AMG kit looks much better than the s class here.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 10:09 AM   #202
Erich2142
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Ducati 848

The worst looking 7 series by far!
      06-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #203
bmwer335
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

New Rear View Mirror?

I wonder if they are changing the current rear view mirrors standard on all BMWs?
I got the impression that they were different in current pictures.
I hope they don't, I think the current ones are so characteristic of BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #204
misterbeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92, E46 M3, E39 M5, 750Li

Previous generation vs new 7 comparison

I put these together...sorry for large images...I tried to get the same color cars in the pics for M Sport comparo.
Attached Images

Last edited by misterbeemer; 06-11-2015 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2015, 11:37 AM   #205
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

The E65 for me, as someone keen on design, architecture was and is an utopian design. Specially the interior. The interior, despite of course the quality of materials used today, is a masterpiece. It should be taught in design schools - and no not in a "how not to design an interior" - too obvious joke haters lol. And has everything utopian, man hates it. Another car is the 1st gen x4. Perfect. I am lucky enough to have both these cars in my garage and I promise you in 30years time people will talk about them. Not this g 7 ser tough. It just another 7 gen. Its good imo. But nothing to talk about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #206
CesaroM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: a6

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
bmw boys still need some more attention to details. check out the cheap plastic around the seat controls. Now look at the trim on current A8 seat controls. Can you imagine what new A8 int will look like if old has better trim the new G11?

Good job somebody brought this up.!

Nobody can come even close to Audi when it comes to these little details , the beauty , quality of materials , fit and finish and final execution , not even Mercedes Benz S class or any other car manufacturer in that price range. Take a look at the A7 or new TT or new Q7 interior...the current A8 interior design is a masterpiece , but Audi can borrow Porsche designers and use parts from Bentley if they want as they are all VAG....I think their ideas and budget exceed BMW's , VW can make a Phaeton even if they lose heavy money on it...that's something BMW can't afford to do, today , tomorrow , never. BMW still doesn't have it's own halo car in 2015.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #207
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAPOVICOWNS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
As has been stated before, The S-Class is the car you want to be driven around in, the 7-Series is the car you want to drive.

The thing that I am afraid of is how BMW these days takes a lot of the same design architecture applies it across their range of models. Gone are the days when a Bangle 5-Series looked completely different than a Bangle 7-Series. Not that I think the F01 or the F10 look bad, cause they don't, but I see the next G30 5-Series getting the same design language in areas such a headlights, tail lights, fender, hood, trunk, and side skirts from the new G11 7-Series, and this makes me worry. For what it's worth though, I do think the F10 is a much better looking car than the E60 was even though, when it first came out I had trouble telling if an F10 was an F10 or if it was an F01, whenever I saw one in real life. This is all academic anyways. My next car is going to be an R8 or Lambo. Lol!
Just look at the recent G30 prototype with production headlights and compare it to any early G11 prot and you'll have the answer.

They'll both look alot like each other, and that worries me already.
Yeah I can already see myself being turned off by even bigger kidney grills on the G30 5-Series.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #208
AKRAPOVICOWNS
Captain
Rep

M7 poorly rendered but still you can have an idea.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #209
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

And if ever BMW decides to create an Estate Wagon version....

Appreciate 1
      06-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #210
Ganxxta
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F32 4er Coupé

Just wondering, are the tail lights full LED or are they saving those for LCI as always?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #211
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CesaroM View Post

Nobody can come even close to Audi when it comes to these little details , the beauty , quality of materials , fit and finish and final execution , not even Mercedes Benz S class or any other car manufacturer in that price range. Take a look at the A7 or new TT or new Q7 interior...the current A8 interior design is a masterpiece , but Audi can borrow Porsche designers and use parts from Bentley if they want as they are all VAG....I think their ideas and budget exceed BMW's , VW can make a Phaeton even if they lose heavy money on it...that's something BMW can't afford to do, today , tomorrow , never. BMW still doesn't have it's own halo car in 2015.
BMWs halo car (s) are the BMW i3 and i8.
No competitor has not even reached the production and material application level both BMWi cars offer and they will not for a few years yet.
So from a realistic point of view to real life issues, the BMW i3 and i8 serve as halo cars not just for BMW but the enitre industry.
      06-11-2015, 02:33 PM   #212
AKRAPOVICOWNS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:

No competitor has not even reached the production and material application level both BMWi cars offer and they will not for a few years yet.
So from a realistic point of view to real life issues, the BMW i3 and i8 serve as halo cars not just for BMW but the enitre industry.
I3 its a halo car? Tell me more.

For each his own, but although I appreciate the effort and technology used in the I8, and the meaning of it to the future, I wouldn't even blink twice in ordering an R8 instead of it..which its a true supercar in my book at least.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 03:07 PM   #213
HOPTB
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Does anyone know what this button is for?

Looks like a parfum dispenser?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #214
RATED_M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp

BMW truly went all out with this car. Simply amazing!!
2017 Yas Marina Blue ///M3 | Silverstone | DCT
2018 Citrin Black 340xi | Dakota Black | 8-Speed Auto
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 03:15 PM   #215
RATED_M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

For each his own, but although I appreciate the effort and technology used in the I8, and the meaning of it to the future, I wouldn't even blink twice in ordering an R8 instead of it..which its a true supercar in my book at least.
If BMW wanted to make an exotic sports car they would. And by the way, an M6 can keep up with an R8 any day of the week my friend.
2017 Yas Marina Blue ///M3 | Silverstone | DCT
2018 Citrin Black 340xi | Dakota Black | 8-Speed Auto
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 03:57 PM   #216
AKRAPOVICOWNS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbenda
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If BMW wanted to make an exotic sports car they would. And by the way, an M6 can keep up with an R8 any day of the week my friend.
Not a matter of keeping up, if you want speed buy a GTR for that matter. The R8 its a full on mid engine sports car. But i know where this conversation leads so w/e, to each his own.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 04:13 PM   #217
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganxxta View Post
Just wondering, are the tail lights full LED or are they saving those for LCI as always?
The 7er has had LED tails since the E65/66 pre-LCI and full LED tails since the F01/02 pre-LCI.

BMW has treated the 7-series as its own technological showcase, so it is safe to assume that the tail lights will be full LED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPTB View Post
Does anyone know what this button is for?

Looks like a parfum dispenser?
You are correct. That is indeed a perfume/fragrance dispenser when equipped with the Ambient Air Package.
Eight scents to choose from.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #218
John Galt
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

The best looking 7. Much better than the previous gen.
The previous gen compared to this one.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 04:50 PM   #219
bobloblaw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
What does this have to do with having cheap materials in places people don't look? I liked it better when you gave fun inside information and not cringe-worthy propaganda.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 06:04 PM   #220
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

I think I either miscommunicated or you misread, but I agree with you. The bangle 7 is lousy, always the red headed stepchild. That's what I meant by "since", Bangle 7 was the beginning of the end of good 7 series design. The E38 was the last great design! G11 not bad, certainly better than a Bangle 7, but it's a Lexus with kidney grills and european leather trim.

So I'll respectfully agree with myself and you, so it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I'll go ahead and respectfully disagree. The E38 Sport was the last great design. There was absolutely nothing "sporty" and "interesting" about the E65 or the F01. I think the G11 looks heaps better, and this is coming from someone that's all about older BMW's.

I will agree that there's no longer any separation between the looks of all the models. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest.
Appreciate 0