BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

12-03-2021, 08:51 AM   #1
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport

Interior cleaning setting ...

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Is there any option to safely clean the cockpit and air conditioning panels without permanent switching ON of all systems and changing any settings during cleaning, even a delicate microfiber. Even when I turn OFF everything with a physical button or touch panel, every time when rubbing and polishing by a fiber cloth, everything starts again - nightmare.
I will add that cleaning the display with instruments on the board is simply not feasible, streaks and streaks again and access to all the nooks and crannies between the silver arcs on the clocks is another nightmare.

• Is the only solution to unplug the battery clamp, so as not to mess with the settings during the interior cleaning process?
  • Will the possible disconnection of the clamp from the battery will not have any serious problems with the car?

I am asking for your cleaning experience and any tricks / Thank You

(this is what makes cleaning a little easier)
Attached Images

Last edited by LuckyW; 12-03-2021 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 09:18 AM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
I would not disconnect the battery to clean. I have never heard of anyone doing that, and if you do you will lose your presets. That would drive me even crazier than dust. Maybe try unlocking the car and then moving the key far enough from the car so it cannot be detected?

p.s. I have never had an issue with light cleaning inside with a microfiber, but concours-level interior cleaning is not my thing (my cleanliness lunacy only extends to the exterior).
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 09:29 AM   #3
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Maybe try unlocking the car and then moving the key far enough from the car so it cannot be detected?
I have already checked it once and it is true that the car cannot be started, but the car goes from sleep mode after a gentle touch of the air conditioning panel, there is full access to all functions that may be accidentally changed during cleaning and air vents start working.
Appreciate 0