BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-19-2020, 10:06 AM   #1
Erik1
Rep
Drives: 740d xDrive 2016

Topics Sound/Surround view/Tyres/Options

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi fellow G11 owners

So I bought my 2016 740d a couple of months ago. Drives and handles amazingly, super comfortable, couldn't be happier. I have a small gripe and a couple of discussion points though:

- The surround view shows a G30 5 Series instead of my car. I have tried to update iDrive per USB and reset unsuccessfully (Never recognised), but I'm completely lost as to how I can troubleshoot this further.

- In terms of tyres, do any of you have "silent" tyres (e.g. ContiSilent) installed? If so, have you noticed a significant difference in road noise? It seems to be the only area where noise gets into the cabin, I'd like to reduce it as much as possible. Currently riding on lovely 20" 628 wheels, was wondering if going on 18s would also make a noticeable difference.

- As for the sound system, I have HK installed, not really satisfied with the clarity of the system. It's a bit muddy in sound, and I'm thinking of installing an aftermarket Bavsound speaker set. Does anyone have any experience with this in their G11 or otherwise and would it really make that big of a difference?

- Rear wheel steering is something I believe I can feel, yet I think could also be placebo. I went through my options list and found the following:

S2VH Integral Active Front Steering

Would this be the option for BMWs integral active rear steering or is that something completely different?

I enjoyed reading through other posts in this forum, and would love to hear from your experiences here as well.

Thanks and Best
E
Appreciate 0