BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-14-2018, 02:22 AM   #1
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

BMW 7 Series. The Art of BMW Individual. Individualise your BMW.

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Check out new BMW Individual Promo. What does the handwriting portion say on the head rests and the passenger dash? Is this something new?

Appreciate 2
      02-14-2018, 02:25 AM   #2
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

looks like it says "bmw individual manufaktur." since it is advertising a brand new car, i would presume it is new.
      02-14-2018, 09:41 AM   #3
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
looks like it says "bmw individual manufaktur." since it is advertising a brand new car, i would presume it is new.
Not a new car but just advertising how you don't have to take their off the shelf colours and designs.

The car in this video looks almost exactly as I'm expecting my car to look when I get it delivered. Looks good
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 11:03 AM   #4
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Check out new BMW Individual Promo. What does the handwriting portion say on the head rests and the passenger dash? Is this something new?
A nice video that does its marketing well, tugging on the heartstrings of emotion and putting value on custom/individual workmanship.

The 'BMW Individual Manufaktur' label looks to be a new way for BMW to promote the fact that this is a custom car from the factory and not a standard configuration, along the lines of 'custom built from the workshop of x' that Alpina and others do...so again emotively projecting exclusive, unique and high value.

Manufaktur can mean several things, such as factory, manufacturer, workshop or even hand made in the right context. Having Manufaktur 'written' in hand writing is a nice touch to indeed show this custom, hand made workshop concept instead of just manufactured by...

Whether one 'buys' into the image they wish to project with this 'stamp' or 'label' is up to the individual but I like it and it will help to raise the profile of any such individual cars when the public see them which in turn should increase business and revenue for BMW and this dept. of M at BMW.

HTH.
Appreciate 1
bimmer4562940.00
      02-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #5
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Quote:
A nice video that does its marketing well, tugging on the heartstrings of emotion and putting value on custom/individual workmanship.

The 'BMW Individual Manufaktur' label looks to be a new way for BMW to promote the fact that this is a custom car from the factory and not a standard configuration, along the lines of 'custom built from the workshop of x' that Alpina and others do...so again emotively projecting exclusive, unique and high value.

Manufaktur can mean several things, such as factory, manufacturer, workshop or even hand made in the right context. Having Manufaktur 'written' in hand writing is a nice touch to indeed show this custom, hand made workshop concept instead of just manufactured by...

Whether one 'buys' into the image they wish to project with this 'stamp' or 'label' is up to the individual but I like it and it will help to raise the profile of any such individual cars when the public see them which in turn should increase business and revenue for BMW and this dept. of M at BMW.

HTH.
Wonder how much this affects resale value.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 02:15 PM   #6
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

HTH.
They've had individual for quite a while, it might be they are looking to step it up a bit.

I know when you go for their leathers as I have done the seats will have Individual on them. No fancy writing like here though, just V12's written everywhere. Lol

Quote:
Wonder how much this affects resale value.
Great question as the car's pretty unique by that point, 1 of 1 really. I suspect wishful thinking though.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 04:56 PM   #7
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
They've had individual for quite a while, it might be they are looking to step it up a bit.

I know when you go for their leathers as I have done the seats will have Individual on them. No fancy writing like here though, just V12's written everywhere. Lol
yeah, sorry if I gave the impression that individual was new, that has been around for yonks...some lovely E38 7's that have been done by individual and still look stunning, don't know more than that but did realise they were around for some time now, however, the marketing does appear to have been notched up a bit lately to try and capture more market share, at least IMO.

Have you asked about whether it will say V12 or Individual? The pictures all show V12's (and this video) but have individual on the door sills and dash/leather...that seems to over-ride the V12 level trim...not sure what your preference may be but you might want to check if it is important to you. I think it is quite cool personally and may add value over 'a bog standard' V12 (if one can call it such a thing! )

Quote:
Great question as the car's pretty unique by that point, 1 of 1 really. I suspect wishful thinking though.
Agree, one would expect it should fetch more than a standard equivalent car of the same age and type but how much more? One could check back as far as E38's to see how they compare if that was really important to someone...likely not equal in terms of equity but that's not the reason to get it in the first place anyway for those that do go for it I would have thought!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 05:11 PM   #8
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

yeah, sorry if I gave the impression that individual was new, that has been around for yonks...some lovely E38 7's that have been done by individual and still look stunning, don't know more than that but did realise they were around for some time now, however, the marketing does appear to have been notched up a bit lately to try and capture more market share, at least IMO.

Have you asked about whether it will say V12 or Individual? The pictures all show V12's (and this video) but have individual on the door sills and dash/leather...that seems to over-ride the V12 level trim...not sure what your preference may be but you might want to check if it is important to you. I think it is quite cool personally and may add value over 'a bog standard' V12 (if one can call it such a thing! )

Quote:
Agree, one would expect it should fetch more than a standard equivalent car of the same age and type but how much more? One could check back as far as E38's to see how they compare if that was really important to someone...likely not equal in terms of equity but that's not the reason to get it in the first place anyway for those that do go for it I would have thought!
Pretty sure mine will be V12. You probably have to pay extra for individual door sills. I'd probably rather it says V12 though want the external ones gone.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 12:36 PM   #9
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Until they decide to really redesign the car, BMW is always going to be less than Audi and Mercedes in term of interior and exterior styling,
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      02-24-2018, 01:39 PM   #10
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
Until they decide to really redesign the car, BMW is always going to be less than Audi and Mercedes in term of interior and exterior styling,

No amount of exclusive paint, wheels, leather colors, or wood veneers will mask a lazy redesign to an already unimpressive looking car (F01).
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #11
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:

No amount of exclusive paint, wheels, leather colors, or wood veneers will mask a lazy redesign to an already unimpressive looking car (F01).
Looking at current G1x and G3x, X3/4 from F30. I don't see no real change. Even the digital dash is such a lazy design. I am really debating if i want another bmw....No sense of refreshment whatsoever, just same old shit
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #12
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Looking at current G01 and G30, X3/4 from F30. I don't see no real change. Even the digital dash is such a lazy design. I am really debating if i want another bmw....No sense of refreshment whatsoever, just same old shit
My take is that they are all reasonably handsome cars, but that's about it. To keep customers returning you need to make a design that captures people's emotions. When you see or sit inside an S-class, it's an occasion. When you do the same for a 7-series, it resembles a big 3-series.

The new 7er has to be the worst of the bunch when it comes to its degree of laziness. Nothing about the design, especially inside, is remotely memorable. I maintain that the last desirable 7-series was the LCI Bangle E65. Boy did that car have a presence.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #13
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Sweet and his made it in the front page lol
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 02:34 PM   #14
Bogey4me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85, G30

"If you are the prototype". That commercial made me uncomfortable. Way too embarrassing......
Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910903.50
      02-24-2018, 02:44 PM   #15
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

I am beginning to think that people over hype S Class and under rate 7 series.
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #16
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:

Car in this commercial is G12.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 04:05 PM   #17
AGAV13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135is (#363/586)

That commercial was super cheesy. I would have rather liked to see a bunch of different configurations in different scenarios. Some bright obnoxious color on the track, another more subdued color driving down the avenue, a family getting out of some other fun color heading for dinner. Something to show it off rather than some guy holding an owl, getting flower thrown all over him and staring into a crystal scull.
SOLD
2013 BMW 135is #363/586 - AW, Black Boston Leather w/ Exclusive Blue Stitching, Prem., Tech, DCT, Heated Seats, HK
Appreciate 3
ArchJR204.50
      02-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #18
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Car in this commercial is G12.
Yes I'm saying the G11 is a lazy redesign of the F01, which was already a boring car to begin with.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #19
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Yes I'm saying the G11 is a lazy redesign of the F01, which was already a boring car to begin with.
Fair enough. I think the LCI of the G11/G12 will be a pretty substantial visual overhaul.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 05:00 PM   #20
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
The new A8 is equally unimpressive
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 05:01 PM   #21
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
Quote:
Triple screens now impressive? Ok...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 05:03 PM   #22
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
Quote:
Triple screens now impressive? Ok...
Adding screens doesn't make a car more impressive imo. Ok...

And in no way am I defending the 7.
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 1