BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Today, 03:12 PM   #133
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
I think FWD will spread a bit more, as it's a boon for manufacturing, and frankly, most people don't care. Being able to install the entire drive line from below on the line as one.piece however yields MASSIVE turn time gains. I would expect to see more vehicles like the XC90 T8 with a FWD ice portion, and EV on the rear for PHEV and hybrid purposes.

That said, has BMW lost it's way? Sure. But so has everyone else. Sports cars aren't built for car people anymore, they're built for people who view their cars as an accessory to their outfit. They want to brag about 0-60 times and lap times despite never having worn a helmet. They don't want a fun to drive and engaging car, they want a conversation piece that maybe will impress the office floozie enough to get a handy after a happy hour event. They don't care about steering feel or dynamics or whatever, they care about being seen in an expensive car
Appreciate 0