BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

07-29-2022, 02:55 PM   #1
tenchibmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 740xi

Do all 7 series come with an ashtray in rear passenger doors?

I have one and tbh, my 7 yo doesn't smoke. Is there a way to delete it?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 06:18 PM   #2
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Odd question to ask, what are you afraid of?
      07-29-2022, 06:20 PM   #3
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

My M760i does. When my 10 YO asked what it was for, I told her. She thought it was the stupidest things ever and though I was joking at first.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 06:52 PM   #4
tenchibmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 740xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Odd question to ask, what are you afraid of?
Its broken. The ashtray keeps opening up. I was wondering if there was a delete for it.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 07:29 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchibmw View Post
I have one and tbh, my 7 yo doesn't smoke. Is there a way to delete it?
No…if you don’t have the smoker package option (S441A) then won’t have an ash tray.

If you to to one of the part database sites and pull up the rear door panel…you can see that #2 has multiple part nbrs which will accommodate various options…like the ash tray, or the H/K or B/W sound system speakers…plus the various color options.

If you select the #2 part number that would be for your color and sound system …along with not saying “YES” for the smokers pkg…you could replace them with a panel that doesn’t have an ashtray but would fit your sound system and interior color:

I don’t know if this is the correct diagram with the correct part nbrs since I’m unsure if we got the long wheel base or short wheel base models here in the US market. I would recommend going back to the beginning and enter the last 7 digits of your VIN, then go to the rear door diagram so that the part nbrs would be correct for your car:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 06:38 PM   #6
TENCHI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 G12, '17 E300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
No…if you don’t have the smoker package option (S441A) then won’t have an ash tray.

If you to to one of the part database sites and pull up the rear door panel…you can see that #2 has multiple part nbrs which will accommodate various options…like the ash tray, or the H/K or B/W sound system speakers…plus the various color options.

If you select the #2 part number that would be for your color and sound system …along with not saying “YES” for the smokers pkg…you could replace them with a panel that doesn’t have an ashtray but would fit your sound system and interior color:

I don’t know if this is the correct diagram with the correct part nbrs since I’m unsure if we got the long wheel base or short wheel base models here in the US market. I would recommend going back to the beginning and enter the last 7 digits of your VIN, then go to the rear door diagram so that the part nbrs would be correct for your car:

I guess I have the package cause I have ashtrays in the back. I wound up taking a 3d printer pen and making a makeshift part and so far so good. It hasn't opened up yet. However it won't open. Which is fine. No smoking in my car anyways.

I tried entering in my VIN and it came back a 750xi. I have a 740xi. And it wouldn't bring up anything.