F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > What an utter tw@t
Studio RSR

05-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #1
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

What an utter tw@t

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-32933292

No insurance, no license, not his car and taking snaps well into triple figures.

Feel sorry for the other blokes family.

Whats the old saying? Inexperienced and young drivers with quick cars don't mix.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #2
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Yeah read this yesterday.

Utter fucking waste of oxygen.

What I don't get is how he 'hired' the car?

If someone else did, then they should be charged as well.

He should be doing at least 20 years.

6 years is pathetic!
Appreciate 4
      05-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #3
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

He's got six years......utter w@nker. Didn't Nick mention castration? No that would be to good for him.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
TheLiverBird
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435D M-Sport EBII

The crash was about ½mile from where I live and the uproar in the local papers when he was originally sentenced was huge. Bragging about his speed on the motorway the night before, and then photographing his speedo in the evening before he killed his victim. I remember the pictures of the A5 sliced in half vividly, as it was exactly the car I was driving at the time, wheels and colour, and it made me look twice when I saw it.

He took to the wheel knowing exactly what the consequences of this stupidly excessive speed could be, and should be sentenced as so. Unavoidable accidents happen, this is neither of those things, and he should be left to rot for a considerable amount of time.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #5
Andrewthefirst
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M140i

What an utter scumbag.

If one was a family member one would be waiting for him on release day. Sentencing in this country is screwed up.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
fastflyer
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 x20d M Sport

Does anyone know if the car pictured is the victim's or the oxygen thief's? I think it's an Aldi?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #7
KevinLevin
General Motors
Rep
Drives: 430d M Sport + EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Does anyone know if the car pictured is the victim's or the oxygen thief's? I think it's an Aldi?
That's the other drivers A5 in the picture.

Previous - S5 Cabriolet - 442hp
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #8
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 325d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastflyer
The grey A5 is the victims car and I believe the White A6 in the distance is the t$$t's car.

Six years! It's a joke.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:18 PM   #9
Chompers
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport (M) BS /CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastflyer View Post
Sadly it was the victims car an A5. The tw@t that hit him was also in an Audi and the damage was considerably less, just full frontal. 6 years is an utter joke

Gone: F31 320d MSport BS /CR, E61 520d MSport Bus Ed, E53 X5 V8 Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:20 PM   #10
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Wasn't he driving a car he rented as well ? I want to know how exactly a 19 year old without a licence can do that....
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:21 PM   #11
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

There is a real issue with the hiring of fast cars to young drivers from a certain community, it's rife in the old mill towns of the north.

And I'm not talking about Hertz rentals! They buy the cars and then "rent" them within the community as a black market operation to people who would never get them through the normal routes due to age.

I know some traders that supply some of the cars often the buyers are not interested if there are faults "just send the car it's rented this weekend"

I understand the want to drive a quick car at a young age, but scenes like that show why it's not the best thing to be doing, I'm just glad all I had under my right foot was 40hp when I was 19.

Sad episode.
      05-29-2015, 02:23 PM   #12
Ss66
Captain
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

F**king pathetic justice system in this country ....... Should be 25 years min
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #13
fastflyer
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 x20d M Sport

Wow...I've never seen a car like that before.

What a knob jockey, obviously a rich, spoilt show off who hopefully get what's coming to him.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:28 PM   #14
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand
Yeah read this yesterday.

Utter fucking waste of oxygen.

What I don't get is how he 'hired' the car?

If someone else did, then they should be charged as well.

He should be doing at least 20 years.

6 years is pathetic!
Apparently he hired the car by presenting a driving licence that turned out to be stolen. Makes you wonder how carefully they checked the photo against him..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #15
Chompers
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport (M) BS /CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ss66 View Post
F**king pathetic justice system in this country ....... Should be 25 years min
No it would cost the 'state' too much to have him locked up for that long. When the case was as clear cut as this one was there should be one and only one solution

Gone: F31 320d MSport BS /CR, E61 520d MSport Bus Ed, E53 X5 V8 Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #16
Geo's comps
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 420d Msport + coupe

This is sickening, 6 years is not enough the same term as we give for murder should be same for incidents like this.

On this occasion justice was not served...

I guess the best way to kill someone and get off lightly is by using a vehicle..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #17
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastflyer View Post
Wow...I've never seen a car like that before.

What a knob jockey, obviously a rich, spoilt show off who hopefully get what's coming to him.
Not rich, this is where he lives:

Trying to look rich and flash + live the dream yes, which is a large part of the problem in some northern towns.

Last edited by Wills2; 05-29-2015 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #18
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Not rich, this is where he lives:

Trying to look rich and flash + live the dream yes, which is a large part of the problem in the north.
Similar around here, loads of used BMW's, Audi's etc, majority are the faster types.

At times the sentencing system in this country just beggars belief.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #19
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Made me feel sick looking at that image of the Audi.

Sentencing is a joke

This guy gets six years

Can understand why decent people feel the need to take the law into their own hands.
      05-29-2015, 03:07 PM   #20
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
There is a real issue with the hiring of fast cars to young drivers from a certain community, it's rife in the old mill towns of the north.

And I'm not talking about Hertz rentals! They buy the cars and then "rent" them within the community as a black market operation to people who would never get them through the normal routes due to age.

I know some traders that supply some of the cars often the buyers are not interested if there are faults "just send the car it's rented this weekend"

I understand the want to drive a quick car at a young age, but scenes like that show why it's not the best thing to be doing, I'm just glad all I had under my right foot was 40hp when I was 19.

Sad episode.
You don't know the half of it pal. I'm someone whom has ties to that particular community in those places ooop north.

It's not as black market as you think up there, they have become more advanced and often set up a company specifically to rent these cars.

They don't care if the person is disqualified or has presented someone else's papers. As long as the person has left the appropriate bits and has paid they can take the car. A lot of the time deposits will not even be asked for.

The reason for this:
Because the business is set up to launder the real money they make in the "pharmaceuticals" industry.
They don't care if you smash their car up, they will get their money back and they know they will.
The kind of people in that conmunity that rent those cars are normally in the same / similar / associated trades to the people that rent the cars out. Therefore they do not go through the same formalities as me or you would should we go to Europcar.
It's not just premium and supercars they rent out either. In their line of work they require normal run of the mill Focus's, Astra's etc for their junior staff to be able to be inconspicuous.

It's been going on for years. As soon as the company has to shut down it's up and running in the same location with the same staff under a different name within a matter of days.

There is a particular town in Yorkshire beginning with K where this is rife to the point you will regularly see "unemployed" lads driving around in Audi RS's, Merc AMG's, ///M cars Etc as their daily runabouts.
In this town (which reminds me of the old Hovis bread advert with the little boy pushing the bike) there are two firms which monopolize this 'industry' separated by just a road. One firm is based at the TOP END of this road and the other at the BOTTOM END. Both from the same community, both in the same line of work, both killing each other for years over this bollox they do.

The perpetrators have the audacity to think that they are doing their community a favor to rent these cars to them, and have the nerve to think people are "ooonley haetin ooon oss bbrrrroooo coz wee smaaashin et in tha geeeme innet."
To them there are no victims.

The victims of these people are not just the ones that their main line of work involves, they are also the ones that end up dead as a result of some cnut giving a powerful car to a kid that should have never had it in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 03:12 PM   #21
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal27 View Post
Made me feel sick looking at that image of the Audi.

Sentencing is a joke

This guy gets six years

Can understand why decent people feel the need to take the law into their own hands.
Yep, I had a discussion with my daughters ex boyfriend.

He subsequently decided last year, that a sunny country overseas was better than the UK.

Or rather some where sunny and warm was preferable to some place fucking cold, dark, damp and deep....
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 03:20 PM   #22
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
You don't know the half of it pal. I'm someone whom has ties to that particular community in those places ooop north.

It's not as black market as you think up there, they have become more advanced and often set up a company specifically to rent these cars.

They don't care if the person is disqualified or has presented someone else's papers. As long as the person has left the appropriate bits and has paid they can take the car. A lot of the time deposits will not even be asked for.

The reason for this:
Because the business is set up to launder the real money they make in the "pharmaceuticals" industry.
They don't care if you smash their car up, they will get their money back and they know they will.
The kind of people in that conmunity that rent those cars are normally in the same / similar / associated trades to the people that rent the cars out. Therefore they do not go through the same formalities as me or you would should we go to Europcar.
It's not just premium and supercars they rent out either. In their line of work they require normal run of the mill Focus's, Astra's etc for their junior staff to be able to be inconspicuous.

It's been going on for years. As soon as the company has to shut down it's up and running in the same location with the same staff under a different name within a matter of days.

There is a particular town in Yorkshire beginning with K where this is rife to the point you will regularly see "unemployed" lads driving around in Audi RS's, Merc AMG's, ///M cars Etc as their daily runabouts.
In this town (which reminds me of the old Hovis bread advert with the little boy pushing the bike) there are two firms which monopolize this 'industry' separated by just a road. One firm is based at the TOP END of this road and the other at the BOTTOM END. Both from the same community, both in the same line of work, both killing each other for years over this bollox they do.

The perpetrators have the audacity to think that they are doing their community a favor to rent these cars to them, and have the nerve to think people are "ooonley haetin ooon oss bbrrrroooo coz wee smaaashin et in tha geeeme innet."
To them there are no victims.

The victims of these people are not just the ones that their main line of work involves, they are also the ones that end up dead as a result of some cnut giving a powerful car to a kid that should have never had it in the first place.
Hi Andy,

I live in a village over looking Keighley (the town you mean) and yes I know about the top enders and bottom enders, they have had running gun battles on the main roundabout before today, and my trader mates work in Keighley and want to get out for the reasons you mention.

I've seen lots a of crashed cars lambos etc...on the bypass and regularly see young lads in M3/R8 etc.....

Hell in a handcart.....