BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > General 7-series (G11) Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2016, 11:18 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
25725
Rep
20,251
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Post BMW M760i xDrive U.S. Pricing Announced at $153,800

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW USA Announces Price for the All-New 2017 BMW M760i xDrive
41
COMMENTS
Name:  P90208691_highRes 2.jpg
Views: 11689
Size:  426.4 KB



Updated with draft ordering guide - click for PDF order guide (subject to change).

  • The allure of the prestigious and powerful V12 M Performance TwinPower Turbo Technology engine producing 601 hp / 590 lb-ft.
  •  First BMW 7 Series M Performance Automobile.
  •  BMW Carbon Core body in conjunction with M Performance specific suspension geometry lead to high agility and precision, embody superb dynamic prowess and exceptional luxury combined.

Los Angeles, CA. November 15, 2016; 8:00 am PST / 11:00 am EST...Today, at the 2016 AutoMobility LA BMW announced the pricing of the all-new 2017 BMW M760i xDrive [see official info thread], the first BMW 7 Series M Performance Automobile. The sixth generation BMW 7 Series also adds the first M Performance TwinPower Turbo 12-cylinder, the most prestigious engine in the BMW range with 601 hp and an impressive 590 lb-ft of torque available as low as 1500 rpm, providing immediate and effortless acceleration. The 8-speed Steptronic Sport Automatic transmission equipped with Launch Control paves the way for drivers to achieve a 0-60 mph run of just 3.6 seconds. M Performance specific suspension geometry and M Sport brakes team up with a more direct front axle steering ratio and Integral Active Steering specially tuned for the BMW M760i xDrive, grant the iconic agility and precision expected from a BMW M Performance developed vehicle.

The all-new BMW M760i xDrive embodies superb dynamic prowess and exceptional luxury combined, on the most powerful and dynamic 7 Series to date. The 2017 BMW M760i xDrive will arrive early in 2017 priced at $153,800 plus Destination and Handling.

Appreciate 5
      11-15-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
Chris330
First Lieutenant
Chris330's Avatar
United Kingdom
192
Rep
382
Posts

Drives: 340i F31
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

I still think the Alpina for me...
__________________
X5 40d M F15 - July 2018 - Space Grey
Mini JCW F56 - June 2018 - Rebel Green

Previous: 340i M F31 2016-18, 2015-16 435i M F32, 2013-15 330d M F30, 2011-13 Mercedes C250, 2008-11 320i E92
Appreciate 2
      11-15-2016, 10:04 AM   #3
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
phoenixbmwlife's Avatar
United_States
1269
Rep
3,681
Posts

Drives: M235i & G30 540i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boynton Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Damn! A full on M7 would be $175k msrp? I also prefer the Alpina but would have to drive both to make final decision if I was in the market for this car.
__________________
Lack of money is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of what's going on inside of you! - T Harv Eker

Follow me on IG https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 10:05 AM   #4
///Mposter
Macgyver
///Mposter's Avatar
United_States
183
Rep
946
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greensboring

iTrader: (0)

Those look like SUV wheels. The price seems insane to me but I'm sure they wouldn't have made it if there wasn't a market.
__________________
GTX3076R , ADV, JB4, FMIC, BOV, 17"APEX, 255/40/17 SQ, 6-SPD Manual
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #5
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
phoenixbmwlife's Avatar
United_States
1269
Rep
3,681
Posts

Drives: M235i & G30 540i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boynton Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Looking forward to drag races on Gustav videos of this vs Alpina B7 vs RS7.
__________________
Lack of money is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of what's going on inside of you! - T Harv Eker

Follow me on IG https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 10:13 AM   #6
desertfox73
Newbie
716
Rep
1,003
Posts

Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Also known as $130k after sitting on the dealer floor for weeks.
__________________
Current: 2018 F85 Donington/Black, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Ducati Panigale 1299s Anniversario
Previous: 2019 R1250 GSA, 2018 F83, 2016 F80, 2013 F10, 2010 E93, 2008 K1200S, 2004 R1100S, 2000 E46
Appreciate 13
      11-15-2016, 10:30 AM   #7
paul223
Captain
255
Rep
981
Posts

Drives: f10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: arkansas

iTrader: (0)

If it is 6.0L engine, it should have 650hp or more, specially if it is twin turbo charged.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #8
spuntyb
Brigadier General
spuntyb's Avatar
United_States
1459
Rep
3,028
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Sounds about right. Not that I'm interested in landyachts, but if I were, I'd still be looking at the B7 or S63 over this.
__________________
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)

2018 F80 ZCP
2018 Macan GTS
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #9
cbertels
Lieutenant
cbertels's Avatar
612
Rep
484
Posts

Drives: M3 YMB-SS
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Orlando

iTrader: (0)

Just make an M7 already and get it over with.
Appreciate 3
      11-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #10
3M TAPE
Banned
3M TAPE's Avatar
No_Country
349
Rep
1,235
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: States

iTrader: (0)

Same engine as RR Ghost?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 11:20 AM   #11
YungDro
Major
1035
Rep
1,160
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

thread closed....

Last edited by YungDro; 12-10-2019 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 11:26 AM   #12
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
6ixSpd's Avatar
Canada
5264
Rep
6,278
Posts

Drives: '12 M3 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 416

iTrader: (4)

The best part is all this carbon core BS and yet it weighs almost the same as an S class. Bahahahaha
__________________
'12 M3 6MT Alpine White + Fox Red Extended

@tailor.mad3
Appreciate 1
georgere549.50

      11-15-2016, 11:31 AM   #13
paul223
Captain
255
Rep
981
Posts

Drives: f10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: arkansas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul223 View Post
If it is 6.0L engine, it should have 650hp or more, specially if it is twin turbo charged.
its 6.6L Twin Turbo V12
In that case, it should produce 650-700hp, with 600-650lbs torque
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 11:36 AM   #14
AlexLou1222
First Lieutenant
AlexLou1222's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
372
Posts

Drives: 2015 X6M 2014 X1
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Vegas baby!

iTrader: (0)

Well, same price as S63. While MB has more appeal, the V12 in this 7 makes a good competition. Think about it, you have to pay 220k for a s65 or 180+ for a S600.
Appreciate 1
ecf34300.00

      11-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #15
goj
Brigadier General
goj's Avatar
United_States
2200
Rep
3,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mposter View Post
Those look like SUV wheels. The price seems insane to me but I'm sure they wouldn't have made it if there wasn't a market.
Well it's as heavy as an SUV... forged I hope
__________________
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 01:03 PM   #16
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
lemetier's Avatar
1333
Rep
2,353
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mposter View Post
The price seems insane to me but I'm sure they wouldn't have made it if there wasn't a market.
Compared to an equally optioned B7, it's less

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
Also known as $130k after sitting on the dealer floor for weeks.
Only demo car will be at dealers. M760i orders are done at the dealer on request and the client then has a corporate liaison. There are no allocations. I visited a dealership that has built a BMW M and Individual Studio separate from the main showroom yesterday to do a quick run through and submitted the first two orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacMeal View Post
Same engine as RR Ghost?
Updated N74B66TU. The Black Badge versions of the Ghost, Wraith, and Dawn Are receiving their own versions of this engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the6M3 View Post
The best part is all this carbon core BS and yet it weighs almost the same as an S class. Bahahahaha
It's a lot of car with beefed up components (it has the 950NM ZF so there are no torque limitations in any gear). If it wasn't for the weight reduction measures, it would be far heavier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul223 View Post
In that case, it should produce 650-700hp, with 600-650lbs torque
The turbos are very small and do not produce a large amount of boost. There is a 680hp/684lb/ft version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLou1222 View Post
Well, same price as S63. While MB has more appeal, the V12 in this 7 makes a good competition. Think about it, you have to pay 220k for a s65 or 180+ for a S600.
Quicker than all of them, sounds far better, and comes with much more std equipment.
Appreciate 2
basiluf71.50
michal12116.00

      11-15-2016, 01:23 PM   #17
3M TAPE
Banned
3M TAPE's Avatar
No_Country
349
Rep
1,235
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Compared to an equally optioned B7, it's less



Only demo car will be at dealers. M760i orders are done at the dealer on request and the client then has a corporate liaison. There are no allocations. I visited a dealership that has built a BMW M and Individual Studio separate from the main showroom yesterday to do a quick run through and submitted the first two orders.



Updated N74B66TU. The Black Badge versions of the Ghost, Wraith, and Dawn Are receiving their own versions of this engine.



It's a lot of car with beefed up components (it has the 950NM ZF so there are no torque limitations in any gear). If it wasn't for the weight reduction measures, it would be far heavier.



The turbos are very small and do not produce a large amount of boost. There is a 680hp/684lb/ft version.



Quicker than all of them, sounds far better, and comes with much more std equipment.
Thanks for the info.
Are you a BMW employee?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 01:36 PM   #18
Roundown
Colonel
553
Rep
2,334
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Such a busy design. To my eyes, it's like each quadrant was designed in isolation. Early 2000s Kia language. It's a real shame. Love or hate the Bangle era- at least his cars seemed like they were penned under one approach (and not by committee, like this gem).

MB and Audi seem able to set their design language from the top (i.e. S-Class, A8/R8). Meanwhile, BMW seems to struggle with it's identity; the 7, with it's mish-mash of design queues taken lower series cars, really drives this home (for me).

Alongside Rolls Royce, seems like offering an M7 and a 750i would satisfy the premium/big-motor market. Who really would buy this M760XLi Performance Edition (did I get that right?) and not an AWD M7 for a marginal premium? Who would seriously consider a standard 7 series for its luxury and be swayed by or care for this half-step performance offering?

Would think that M7 should be aggressive/purposeful, setting the tone for the M6/5/4/3/2; while the 750i should showcase what a well equipped series car can offer (now and in the future).
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #19
goj
Brigadier General
goj's Avatar
United_States
2200
Rep
3,629
Posts

Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundown View Post
Such a busy design. To my eyes, it's like each quadrant was designed in isolation. Early 2000s Kia language. It's a real shame. Love or hate the Bangle era- at least his cars seemed like they were penned under one approach (and not by committee, like this gem).

MB and Audi seem able to set their design language from the top (i.e. S-Class, A8/R8). Meanwhile, BMW seems to struggle with it's identity; the 7, with it's mish-mash of design queues taken lower series cars, really drives this home (for me).

Alongside Rolls Royce, seems like offering an M7 and a 750i would satisfy the premium/big-motor market. Who really would buy this M760XLi Performance Edition (did I get that right?) and not an AWD M7 for a marginal premium? Who would seriously consider a standard 7 series for its luxury and be swayed by or care for this half-step performance offering?

Would think that M7 should be aggressive/purposeful, setting the tone for the M6/5/4/3/2; while the 750i should showcase what a well equipped series car can offer (now and in the future).
I think you're spotting off nonsense about design language. BMWs are fairly understated so I'm not sure about this being too busy. Also BMW design language has been subtly evolutionary...not sure what you think they're confused with
__________________
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 02:16 PM   #20
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
lemetier's Avatar
1333
Rep
2,353
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacMeal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Compared to an equally optioned B7, it's less



Only demo car will be at dealers. M760i orders are done at the dealer on request and the client then has a corporate liaison. There are no allocations. I visited a dealership that has built a BMW M and Individual Studio separate from the main showroom yesterday to do a quick run through and submitted the first two orders.



Updated N74B66TU. The Black Badge versions of the Ghost, Wraith, and Dawn Are receiving their own versions of this engine.



It's a lot of car with beefed up components (it has the 950NM ZF so there are no torque limitations in any gear). If it wasn't for the weight reduction measures, it would be far heavier.



The turbos are very small and do not produce a large amount of boost. There is a 680hp/684lb/ft version.



Quicker than all of them, sounds far better, and comes with much more std equipment.
Thanks for the info.
Are you a BMW employee?
No I'm not an employee; consultant and supplier.
__________________
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2016, 04:54 PM   #21
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
The Automotive Enthusiast's Avatar
United_States
2426
Rep
3,337
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: DMV

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLou1222 View Post
Well, same price as S63. While MB has more appeal, the V12 in this 7 makes a good competition. Think about it, you have to pay 220k for a s65 or 180+ for a S600.
When you're making that kind of money, it really isn't that hard to jump from 180k to 220k. Personally, I think I'd jump up and get the S63 or the S65 in coupe guise because it's probably the most beautiful car on the road today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
Also known as $130k after sitting on the dealer floor for weeks.
The 160K M6 Competition Edition we had was sitting for almost a year before it sold.
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2016, 05:37 PM   #22
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
52
Rep
342
Posts

Drives: 2016 X5M
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: OH

iTrader: (0)

So with all options , packages $175 K - $180K fully loaded without going individual / special paint / interior ?
__________________
2012 X5 35D.
2013 M5 ~MCB / Silversone II full~Exec Pkg~20' wheels~B&O~Xpel Ultimate PPF. - Sold !
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST