BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-04-2018, 05:37 PM   #1
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M760Li MY2018

New 2018 M760 Spain - Frozen Arctic Grey - Individual Fiona Red / Updated pics

Hello from Spain!!

I've been following closely the 7 series forum & now's the time to present my new M760 Li MY2018 Individual Frozen Arctic Gray & Individual full leather Fiona Red.

I've basically ordered all the options except the Executive Lounge as it was unpractical for my family use, wife & two kids.

Type Code 7H61

E Series G12 ()

Series 7

Type LIM

Model M760LI XDRIVE (EUR)

Steering LL

Doors 4

Engine N74B

Displacement 6.60

Power 448

Drive ALLR

Transmission AUT

Colour SONDERLACKIERUNG (490)

Upholstery IND.VOLLLEDERAUSST./FIONAROT (ZBFQ)

Prod. Date 2018-01-22

P7S9A Connected Drive Services Paket

S1CAA Selection of COP relevant vehicles

S1CBA CO2 package

S22NA BMW LA wheel M double spoke 760

S230A Extra package, EU-specific

S2PAA Wheel bolt retainer

S2TBA Sport automatic transmission

S2VBA Tire pressure display

S2VHA Integral active steering

S2VSA Executive Drive Pro

S302A Alarm system

S322A Comfort access

S323A Soft-Close-Automatic doors

S356A Climate comfort laminated glass

S358A Climate comfort windscreen

S3AGA Reversing camera

S3DSA BMW Display key

S407A Panorama glass roof 'Sky Lounge'

S416A Roller sun vizor, rear lateral

S441A Smoker package

S453A Climate-controlled seats, front

S454A Climate-controlled seats, rear

S456A Comfort seat with memory

S460A Comfort seat, rear, electr. adjustable

S4HCA Warmth Comfort Package

S4NBA Autom. climate control with 4-zone ctrl

S4NMA Ambient Air Paket

S4T6A Massage function in rear

S4T7A Massage function, driver / fr. passenger

S4URA Ambient interior lighting

S502A Headlight cleaning system

S548A Kilometer-calibrated speedometer

S5ACA High-beam assistant

S5ATA Driving Assistant Plus

S5AZA BMW Laserlicht

S5DLA Surround View

S5DPA Park Assistent

S5DVA Remote control parking

S601A TV function

S609A Navigation system Professional

S610A Head-up display

S650A CD player

S654A DAB tuner

S6ACA Intelligent emergency SOS call

S6AEA Teleservices

S6AKA Connected Drive Services

S6AMA Real-Time Traffic Information

S6ANA Concierge Services

S6APA Remote Services

S6CPA Preparation Apple CarPlay

S6F1A Bowers & Wilkins High End Sound System

S6FRA Fond Entertainment Experience

S6FVA Online Entertainment

S6NWA Phoning with wireless charging

S6U8A BMW Gesture Recognition

S6UKA Night Vision with human recognition

S6WBA Multifunctional instrument display

S6WDA WLAN Hotspot

S710A M leather steering wheel

S715A M Aerodynamics package

S754A M Rear spoiler

S776A Headliner in Alcantara anthracite

S791A Coolbox

S7CGA BMW Repair Inclusive

S7NHA BMW Service Inclusive

S856A Language version Spanish

S883A On-board vehicle literature Spanish

S8KAA Dummy-SALAPA

S8R9A Refrigerant R1234yf

S8S3A Automatic locking when driving off

S8TFA Active pedestrian protection

SXE7A Indi. int. strips, piano lacquer, black

I jumped into the 760 after reaching a great buyback deal with BMW for my previous X6M MY2016 because of an air suspension failure while returning home from the Welt Factory Delivery & a recurring case of the well known front wheel click issue which persisted after six visits to the dealer. Being a loyal BMW customer for my past 5 cars also worked in my favor for this deal

My impressions:

Exterior

The Individual "frozen gray" in these pics on a rainy day does not portray the real tone which is actually a lighter gray tone, it’s a pain to clean but it looks elegant and different. My initial color choice was Long beach Blue as in my previous X6M but after watching a simulation at the dealer I discarded it as it gave the impression of an aftermarket paint job that didn’t quite go along with the 7 series style. The overall exterior design of the car is neutral in my opinion, elegant, nice, but uninspiring, it doesn't bring out any emotions neither does it have the extra sporty look it deserves. My personal car choice is a monster in sheep’s clothing without flaps, wings or extreme exteriors but BMW could have done a better job in bringing passion & a unique design to their flagship model.

In my opinion they could have used a "sportier" MSport front & rear bumper for this top of the line elite version M760 & leave all the elegance to the M760 V12 Excellence edition.

Interior

Very high quality interior with great attention to detail, although the overall dashboard design is way too similar to a 3, 4, 5 series & doesn’t stand out as a unique design. The full Individual Merino leather interior is amazing (the interior red color was my wife’s 2 cents, as she refused to have yet another brown interior as my previous three Bmw’s. I would have opted for the full Tartuffo interior..but I have to let her have some say just as I also expect her to do when configuring her cars 😉 ). The front seats are really comfortable & well designed, the only con is with the stitched patterns on the top part that are not of my taste. The rear seats are sooo nice, my wife & kids are delighted, we just came back from long trip from Madrid, Spain to Disneyland, France & back, total 2500km & after the long rides none of us were tired of being in the car.

As for the interior gadgets I won’t go into details as we all know them well, lighting, fridge, front & rear heated/ventilated/ massage seats, extended heating on arm rests, ambient air, sky lounge, executive drive, parking, TV, B&W audio, surround view, night vision, HUD, etc…

Laser lights are amazing & a noticeable improvement over adaptive led which are already really good

B&W sound is a must for this car, sounds way better than the Bang & Olufsen on the X6M. The iDrive screen placement is a terrible design decision in my opinion, also was on the X6M, it just doesn’t belong there & looks almost like an afterthought, I much prefer an integrated design, a large screen but integrated into the dashboard

Engine

Amazing V12 engine, huge torque from low RPMs, really fast, monster engine!!, but barely noticeable because of the bubble/insulated interior. The exhaust sound should have some growl & the engine noise should sound a little more exotic for a 6.6L V12. Very interested to see how an exhaust replacement turns out in this post http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho....php?t=1251262

Chassis

With Executive Drive the car is very well composed & planted at high speed, ultra-smooth drive on bumpy roads in Adaptive & Confort+ modes, in Sport the change is very noticeable with perfect damper stiffness & auto lowering the air suspension for really quick driving, I can say that the suspension (dampers & air springs) is best in class with a perfect balance of comfort & stiffness plus the adaptive mode, when coupled with xdrive & rear wheel steering allows you to rocket out of corners at incredible speed without breaking a sweat.

Now comes my complaint regarding the electric active roll bars, supposedly an improvement over the previous gen hydraulic system, it should be doing a much better job of controlling the body roll, it’s my biggest complaint with this car, both my previous 535 xdrive & X6M had the hydraulic active roll bars & did a much better job. The competitors MB 2018 S63 with an advanced air suspension coupled with a very effective & quick active roll bar system & a 2018 Panamera Turbo Executive with the double chamber air springs & their own version of active roll bars have this sorted out way better & corner almost flat in sport mode & just a tiny bit of body roll in Confort mode & both are also very long & heavy cars. Bmw could have done a much better job with controlling body roll on the M760….or maybe since I haven’t driven a V12 Excellence or a 750 non-msport it’s even worse on these & much better in comparison on the M760 ☹...or maybe I have to get used to long wheel base & rear wheel steering...

Sumup

The combination of all the features, tremendous technology, engine & interior makes a very special & unique car just lacking on the exhaust note, slightly sportier exterior & less body roll. My perfect car would be a Panamera Executive exterior & suspension, M760 V12 engine / interior quality /merino leather & coupled with a MB S63 S exhaust….in the mean time I’ll enjoy the M760 cause it’s a very special beast.

Quirk

Rearmost left speaker sounds very distorted / squeals when playing music & at the same time backing up with the parking distance sensors beep. Most probably a bad speaker & will get it replaced under warranty

Love to hear your comments & points of view. Take care & safe driving
Attached Images

Last edited by Arturo_spain; 04-06-2018 at 04:45 AM.. Reason: updating pics
Appreciate 4
ando2000.50
1230vani647.00
Daans50.50
      04-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

"Saved For New Exterior Pics After Cleaning & Taken Under Sunlight"

Exterior pics must wait a little longer, car is dirty & we have rainy weather next couple of days
Attached Images

Last edited by Arturo_spain; 04-06-2018 at 04:42 AM..
Appreciate 2
1230vani647.00
      04-05-2018, 01:51 AM   #3
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Congrats, that's the ultimate BMW in every respect to me
Color is cool too , albeit I prefer metallic paint .
I like your run down for this car
Happy Driving
      04-05-2018, 02:45 AM   #4
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Very nice, properly jealous Arturo_spain also my dream ride.

The colour combo works well here, I do love that frozen look. I've seen a frozen white 760 which had an almost mother of pearl effect and the wife had to drag me out of the showroom...

Nice summary, glad you found resolution with previous issues in other cars, a nice solution!

Have you tried the night vision? How is that?

Love the fridge in the back although it must take a good chunk out of the boot (trunk) space? Do you still find it adequate enough for suitcases and all the bits you need for the kids?

Thanks for sharing, very nice indeed! FastLaneJB something to tide you over for the few remaining days until you get yours! (and a very similar spec I believe? Outside of the colour)

EDIT: does that box come standard with all 760's? Nice if so! (saves one buying the case for the display key and a nice classy touch (given the price, it's a small thing but attention to detail is everything).

Can't wait to see the pictures in the sun showing off that paint properly, thanks in advance for posting those pics!
      04-05-2018, 02:48 AM   #5
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC

WOW , amazing. Did you get the Key box with the car ?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #6
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

What a great post and an amazing car, welcome.

You've even gone beyond my spec by having the cool box as well Also the Montblanc display key case, too rich for me. I'm already having to sell one child to afford my car. Only the stupid one, I'm keeping the smart one... P.S. I'm joking, I'm not that bad of a father.

I agree on the Executive Lounge, I didn't go for it for the same reason. Expensive and pointless when using it as a family car.

I think by the way Pelo the cool box is something you can take out if you need the boot space back, it does take up a reasonable chunk. Not 100 sure but guessing as long as you've got the Ski hatch you might be able to buy it for any 7 series as an accessory after the fact if you want it.

Interesting what you say about the body roll. I've not driven the two other cars your comparing it to however the reviews suggest the 7 series is much more controlled than the S class. I'm in an M5 currently which in Sport+ will corner extremely flat, even in comfort it's pretty flat as well. My opinion on the M760Li in Sport mode was it's not a million miles off at sensible speeds. If you really take a corner like a loon then yes it won't match the M5 at all but at 8/10th and below there's not a huge amount in it. Not that I've any concerns about it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #7
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Indeed, great to see some great new cars and people joining in, welcome to the 7 and to the 7 subforum Arturo_spain. ^

This must ramp up the anticipation factor a notch or two FastLaneJB! Was it 60 seconds or less before you were checking on status of yours after seeing this?

Quote:
You've even gone beyond my spec by having the cool box as well Also the Montblanc display key case, too rich for me. I'm already having to sell one child to afford my car. Only the stupid one, I'm keeping the smart one... P.S. I'm joking, I'm not that bad of a father.

I think by the way Pelo the cool box is something you can take out if you need the boot space back, it does take up a reasonable chunk. Not 100 sure but guessing as long as you've got the Ski hatch you might be able to buy it for any 7 series as an accessory after the fact if you want it.
Ooh, I'll look into that, I would get it if it is not too much of a faff to attach and detach and doesn't cost more than £1k or so (seen E65/66 fridge units for around that price so hoping it is not too much more!) Not just for the fun factor, it can be useful to have cold drinks for long drives or for that romantic getaway I take Mrs. Cat on...

loved the comment about the kids...

Can't wait to see the pics in the sun showing that Spanish tempest at its best!
      04-06-2018, 05:16 AM   #8
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Very nice, properly jealous Arturo_spain also my dream ride.

The colour combo works well here, I do love that frozen look. I've seen a frozen white 760 which had an almost mother of pearl effect and the wife had to drag me out of the showroom...

Nice summary, glad you found resolution with previous issues in other cars, a nice solution!

Have you tried the night vision? How is that?

Love the fridge in the back although it must take a good chunk out of the boot (trunk) space? Do you still find it adequate enough for suitcases and all the bits you need for the kids?

Thanks for sharing, very nice indeed! FastLaneJB something to tide you over for the few remaining days until you get yours! (and a very similar spec I believe? Outside of the colour)

EDIT: does that box come standard with all 760's? Nice if so! (saves one buying the case for the display key and a nice classy touch (given the price, it's a small thing but attention to detail is everything).

Can't wait to see the pictures in the sun showing off that paint properly, thanks in advance for posting those pics!

thanks for the comments

I'm having regrets on the frozen paint, it's stunning but requires delicate care & I can't wash as often as I like cause I have to either do it myself with the special BMW cleaning products I bought or find a proper detailer to hand wash it with proper methods & products. There are many such places in Madrid but none near my workplace..:-(

Night Vision + Pedestrian Detection and Spot Light works just the same as in my previous X6M. The EU X6M has specific single purpose rotating led Spot Lights & in turn the M760 a certain set of leds of the main lamps is precisely directed in flash mode to the animal/people detected by the system, it's much quicker in the G11/G12. The NV iDrive image has the same resolution as in the X6M so I can safely say they are using the same IR sensor, the yellow warning of animal or human coupled with chime is shown in the HUD &in the cluster.

The key box with the display key + standard keys, charger, key ring, Montblanc sleeve etc, was delivered together with the car and not specifically ordered. I suppose it comes standard when ordering the display key.

I've seen FastLaneJB's post and the option are almost identical. The Imperial Blue would have been my choice after the Frozen, great color! Impressive build & waiting to hear his comments

-M760Li MY2018
-RR Sport 4.4 SDV8 MY2016
-Mini Cooper Cabrio MY2018
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #9
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Congrats, that's the ultimate BMW in every respect to me
Color is cool too , albeit I prefer metallic paint .
I like your run down for this car
Happy Driving
Thanks Nivarox

Was also thinking of choosing Pure Metal Silver but no samples or cars to see with this option made me doubt on the choice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker123 View Post
WOW , amazing. Did you get the Key box with the car ?
Yup, came standard. I suppose anyone that opts the Display Key from the factory will receive the same

Quote:

I agree on the Executive Lounge, I didn't go for it for the same reason. Expensive and pointless when using it as a family car.

Interesting what you say about the body roll. I've not driven the two other cars your comparing it to however the reviews suggest the 7 series is much more controlled than the S class. I'm in an M5 currently which in Sport+ will corner extremely flat, even in comfort it's pretty flat as well. My opinion on the M760Li in Sport mode was it's not a million miles off at sensible speeds. If you really take a corner like a loon then yes it won't match the M5 at all but at 8/10th and below there's not a huge amount in it. Not that I've any concerns about it anyway.

Thanks FastLaneJB

Your amazing build is very similar, they're twins!! What I've forgotten to include is the Ceramic controls & the M stiched seatbelts I totally forgot.

The Montblanc sleeve came in the box with the display key. I didn't order the case..

The factory fitted cooler comes with a sturdy guide rail & an electric connection plate integrated into the trunk floor that mates with another plate on the cooler base for a cable-less fit, it slides in and out with ease and precision, once fitted it's rock solid. AFAIK the cooler retrofit option is slightly different, although the cooler seems it identical it comes with a cable & I doubt you can fit the rail on the trunk floor...

BTW, it's a proper fridge not a basic cooler, it's really cold in there.

Regarding trunk space with the cooler fitted, see the pics (a bit ashamed of the dirty trunk after the trip), there's plenty of space & I was able to fit 3 medium size Samsonite suitcases (2 on the sides of the cooler & 1 in front) plus 4 backpacks for my family trip to France & still had space left for a couple of bags. In any case you can remove it easily by pulling the rear handle which unlocks the safety mechanism, slide it out & lift it with the top handle.

LOL about your kids comment, but nowadays you're better off keeping the "stupid" one, he might have an easy future assured with reality tv shows & the likes. Jokes aside, I'm sure you're a great dad & like most of us tries his best to live up to expectations..I try hard everyday ;-)

Regarding body roll I think you're in for a surprise (small one), you'll see for yourself soon, I'm not comparing to any S class, I'm comparing with AMG S63 with Adaptive Sport Suspension or AMG S65 Magic Ride which would be the competitors or Panamera Turbo Executive (long wheel base). I came from an X6M & before a 535 both with active roll bars, you're coming from an M5 and the difference is very noticeable at least for me & will be for you too.

The whole point and the special part of the active roll bars is that you can be in comfort suspension & at the same time avoid most body roll. In the past, without active roll bars there's a trade off the manufacturer has to make for each type of car between between firm suspension with controlled body roll & soft/mid suspension with increased body roll.

I'm in no way saying that the noticeable M760 body roll compromises the effectiveness of the car at all, it doesn't. What is disappointing for me is that the M760 has an updated electric (faster reacting) version of the active roll bars "specifically tuned for the unique sporty characteristics of the M760" in BMW words, but the body roll is very pronounced by itself and even much more if compared to current X6M with ARS, 2012 535 with ARS, 2018 S63 AMG with ARS, 2018 Panamera Executive with ARS. You'll see what I mean soon enough...

Quote:
Indeed, great to see some great new cars and people joining in, welcome to the 7 and to the 7 subforum Arturo_spain. ^

This must ramp up the anticipation factor a notch or two FastLaneJB! Was it 60 seconds or less before you were checking on status of yours after seeing this?

Ooh, I'll look into that, I would get it if it is not too much of a faff to attach and detach and doesn't cost more than £1k or so (seen E65/66 fridge units for around that price so hoping it is not too much more!) Not just for the fun factor, it can be useful to have cold drinks for long drives or for that romantic getaway I take Mrs. Cat on...

loved the comment about the kids...

Can't wait to see the pics in the sun showing that Spanish tempest at its best!
Thanks Pelo Cat

I also look forward to participating & learning in this great subforum

Get the Coolbox it does a great job.

-M760Li MY2018
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 09:19 AM   #10
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo_spain View Post
The key box with the display key + standard keys, charger, key ring, Montblanc sleeve etc, was delivered together with the car and not specifically ordered. I suppose it comes standard when ordering the display key.
For info, I think the nice presentation box may be standard with 760's but not with just display key as display key is standard here in the UK with all new 7s and they do not come with the box nor the Montblanc case (wish they did!)

It may be a local difference though for Spanish market and may be associated with getting display keys there...

Thanks for the other comments, and detailed pics, much appreciated. ^

Safe travels, good to know about the paint, hadn't considered that and the extra care needed...something to remember for me when I get the next one!

Last edited by Pelo Cat; 04-06-2018 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: adding case as that is not included either!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #11
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'm having regrets on the frozen paint, it's stunning but requires delicate care & I can't wash as often as I like cause I have to either do it myself with the special BMW cleaning products I bought or find a proper detailer to hand wash it with proper methods & products. There are many such places in Madrid but none near my workplace..:-(
That's exactly why I didn't pick a frozen paint. I just know I'd struggle to look after it, get fed up with it. However in terms of looks I'd pick it any day, I think they look just amazing when clean.

Quote:
Night Vision + Pedestrian Detection and Spot Light works just the same as in my previous X6M. The EU X6M has specific single purpose rotating led Spot Lights & in turn the M760 a certain set of leds of the main lamps is precisely directed in flash mode to the animal/people detected by the system, it's much quicker in the G11/G12. The NV iDrive image has the same resolution as in the X6M so I can safely say they are using the same IR sensor, the yellow warning of animal or human coupled with chime is shown in the HUD &in the cluster.
No experience with this myself as not had it before. Hoping it can pick up traffic cops hiding in the bushes with radar guns though, the biggest hazard of them all

Quote:
Something tells me I won't get that with my UK order but I sure do hope so because that's just such a nice icing to the top of the case. I'll hang fire on ordering a case for the display key to see what I end up with.

Quote:
I've seen FastLaneJB's post and the option are almost identical. The Imperial Blue would have been my choice after the Frozen, great color! Impressive build & waiting to hear his comments
I'll be sure to update you all as soon as I can once I get it

Quote:
Was also thinking of choosing Pure Metal Silver but no samples or cars to see with this option made me doubt on the choice...
I've seen videos of that colour and it looks utterly amazing but without seeing it in person you never can quite know. It's also the most expensive paint job they do so bit of a gamble.

Quote:
Thanks FastLaneJB

Your amazing build is very similar, they're twins!! What I've forgotten to include is the Ceramic controls & the M stiched seatbelts I totally forgot.
The options must be somewhat different because Spain and the UK, ceramic controls are standard on an M760Li in the UK and there's no option for M stiched seatbelts. Also I'd assumed the fridge was an accessory because you cannot order that in the UK either (Just double checked to be sure and it's not there) however from your pics it's clear it needs to be factory fitted. Another option not available in the UK. I didn't think BMW did this too much, Mercedes are awful for this, on their cars you cannot get massage seats for instance in an E class, no cooled seats, no 3D audio but it's available in other countries on their E class. Just give us all the options that a car can take, don't limit our choices when they are all built in the same factories anyway.

Quote:
LOL about your kids comment, but nowadays you're better off keeping the "stupid" one, he might have an easy future assured with reality tv shows & the likes. Jokes aside, I'm sure you're a great dad & like most of us tries his best to live up to expectations..I try hard everyday ;-)
Probably better he gets a job working for the BMW dealer so I can use him for a staff discount on new cars.

Quote:
Regarding body roll I think you're in for a surprise (small one), you'll see for yourself soon, I'm not comparing to any S class, I'm comparing with AMG S63 with Adaptive Sport Suspension or AMG S65 Magic Ride which would be the competitors or Panamera Turbo Executive (long wheel base). I came from an X6M & before a 535 both with active roll bars, you're coming from an M5 and the difference is very noticeable at least for me & will be for you too.

The whole point and the special part of the active roll bars is that you can be in comfort suspension & at the same time avoid most body roll. In the past, without active roll bars there's a trade off the manufacturer has to make for each type of car between between firm suspension with controlled body roll & soft/mid suspension with increased body roll.

I'm in no way saying that the noticeable M760 body roll compromises the effectiveness of the car at all, it doesn't. What is disappointing for me is that the M760 has an updated electric (faster reacting) version of the active roll bars "specifically tuned for the unique sporty characteristics of the M760" in BMW words, but the body roll is very pronounced by itself and even much more if compared to current X6M with ARS, 2012 535 with ARS, 2018 S63 AMG with ARS, 2018 Panamera Executive with ARS. You'll see what I mean soon enough...
So I did get given one for a business day worth of time. Used that to have a trip with the family and kids for some of it and then other time with just my eldest to give it a proper blast for around an hour and a half I guess. There's a common corner near where I live that I can take around 50mph in the M5 flat, at that speed it's just about feeling like it might understeer if I go faster. The M760Li I took it at around 45mph with a bit of lean but nothing I thought was all that bad. The feedback is a bit lacking so hard to know if I could do much more but probably that's closer to it's limits before it would understeer itself. So bit slower in the bends as you'd expect but on the straight it was definately quicker. However only noticable from the speedo and what I'd be doing by landmarks vs what I know I could do in the M5. It just does not feel as fast or as manic as the M5, only it is even more so but just hides it like nothing else I've driven.

Dare I ask what kind of fuel economy you've got on a long run? Can you make it from one fuel station to another without needing jerry cans in the boot?

Quote:
For info, I think the nice presentation box may be standard with 760's but not with just display key as display key is standard here in the UK with all new 7s and they do not come with the box nor the Montblanc case (wish they did!)

It may be a local difference though for Spanish market and may be associated with getting display keys there...
I hope that's the case however my gut tells me I'll get my display key in a plastic bag if I'm lucky here...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 03:17 AM   #12
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Wow, I just checked the Uk site and the price is much better @ 40k Euro less than in Spain and many options are included as standard...but yes, you don't get the coolbox & the M seatbelts. I'm almost sure it's just a web config issue & in the dealer you can actually opt them.

Fuel economy is quite good, as my daily driver I'm getting 16-17L/100Km & during my last trip to France 13L/100Km, so for long trips at @ speeds of 120/130km/h you can expect 575/600km out of the fuel tank.

Regarding the body roll I'm not of your opinion...lets wait until you drive yours for sometime. ;-)

-M760Li MY2018
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 04:46 AM   #13
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Curious if the two extra 'cameras' on the outside of the normal and bigger two cameras are for exec drive pro? Or if not, what is this for? Thanks!
Attached Images

04-07-2018, 06:10 AM   #14
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Curious if the two extra 'cameras' on the outside of the normal and bigger two cameras are for exec drive pro? Or if not, what is this for? Thanks!
Those are the toll transponders one for Spain the other for France toll highways and an extra display for a "system that helps to reduce speeding tickets", no extra cameras..

-M760Li MY2018
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 07:21 AM   #15
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Wow, I just checked the Uk site and the price is much better @ 40k Euro less than in Spain and many options are included as standard...but yes, you don't get the coolbox & the M seatbelts. I'm almost sure it's just a web config issue & in the dealer you can actually opt them.
It's probably the cost of putting the steering wheel on the wrong side that is what is making the car more expensive for you That or you've paid 40k Euro's for your display key box which I'm put money on me not getting in the UK

Yeah the advantage of them adding in all the options as standard is it does increase the value of the car in 4 years. When you add options yourself you don't increase the book value of the car but when the car comes as standard at a higher price with options, the book value does go up. It helps to keep the monthly payments down ultimately so I'm happy they fully loaded it in the UK

I sat with the dealer when he picked the options out with him having his screen twisted towards me, no coolbox was there or M seatbelts. Maybe they can phone up for it though as ordering my individual paint just meant picking a £0 option on their system then having to do the cost for that manually plus contacting the factory to let them know what colour it was I actually wanted. Once you delve into non standard Individual stuff their IT system at least in the UK doesn't deal with it properly.

Quote:
Fuel economy is quite good, as my daily driver I'm getting 16-17L/100Km & during my last trip to France 13L/100Km, so for long trips at @ speeds of 120/130km/h you can expect 575/600km out of the fuel tank.
OK so for UK people with a converter I make that around 18mpg for I guess a mixture of city and some faster road driving as your daily. And then 22mpg on a long trip which is exactly what I review I'd read pegged it at for a long trip. That's good to know, it's exactly in the ball park I was expecting.

Quote:
Regarding the body roll I'm not of your opinion...lets wait until you drive yours for sometime. ;-)
No problems, I was probably too busy enjoying the speed and V12 to notice it properly. You've got more experience here than myself so respect your opinion and I'll come back on this after I've had it a bit of time.

Might just be I'm a bit more tolerant to the roll than you. Maybe it's just being bounced around on our rubbish UK roads that I'm not sure if it's body roll or pot holes You guys have far better quality roads out in Spain.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 08:04 AM   #16
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Those are the toll transponders one for Spain the other for France toll highways and an extra display for a "system that helps to reduce speeding tickets", no extra cameras..
Ah, I see, (no pun intended!) they almost look like factory options but the black is indeed not at windscreen level, nicely done! ^

On one hand, very glad we don't have tolls on the roads here (most motorway roads anyway, there are exceptions) but on the other, if they were in better shape and had less traffic then it would almost be worth it!)

Wouldn't mind an extra display to help reduce speeding tickets! They should be standard on BMW's!

Safe travels.
      04-07-2018, 08:33 AM   #17
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Wouldn't mind an extra display to help reduce speeding tickets! They should be standard on BMW's!
That's what the lasers are for, all they'll see is a super nova heading towards them

Though in fairness BMW need to do an Individual Stealth Black Paint. You know the stuff they paint on aircraft which all but removes it's radar signature. They might have to change the shape of the car slightly as well though
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 01:16 PM   #18
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
It's probably the cost of putting the steering wheel on the wrong side that is what is making the car more expensive for you That or you've paid 40k Euro's for your display key box which I'm put money on me not getting in the UK

Yeah the advantage of them adding in all the options as standard is it does increase the value of the car in 4 years. When you add options yourself you don't increase the book value of the car but when the car comes as standard at a higher price with options, the book value does go up. It helps to keep the monthly payments down ultimately so I'm happy they fully loaded it in the UK

I sat with the dealer when he picked the options out with him having his screen twisted towards me, no coolbox was there or M seatbelts. Maybe they can phone up for it though as ordering my individual paint just meant picking a £0 option on their system then having to do the cost for that manually plus contacting the factory to let them know what colour it was I actually wanted. Once you delve into non standard Individual stuff their IT system at least in the UK doesn't deal with it properly.

OK so for UK people with a converter I make that around 18mpg for I guess a mixture of city and some faster road driving as your daily. And then 22mpg on a long trip which is exactly what I review I'd read pegged it at for a long trip. That's good to know, it's exactly in the ball park I was expecting.

No problems, I was probably too busy enjoying the speed and V12 to notice it properly. You've got more experience here than myself so respect your opinion and I'll come back on this after I've had it a bit of time.

Might just be I'm a bit more tolerant to the roll than you. Maybe it's just being bounced around on our rubbish UK roads that I'm not sure if it's body roll or pot holes You guys have far better quality roads out in Spain.

I've checked it thoroughly and the price difference is down to different taxation standards in Spain vs UK (engine CC, emissions), although the UK version WITH THE STEERING WHEEL ON THE WRONG SIDE does come loaded & the value is increased further down the road.

Let's get back to the BODY ROLL ... (in where the vehicle suffers a noticeable inclination towards the exterior of the curve & where the occupants of said vehicle get pulled with the same force & in the same direction while giving stern dissaproving looks & words at the driver) & compared with a much taller X6M or a 535, or S63AMG or Panamera Turbo, on the same Spanish roads @ the same speeds, the M760's body roll is very much noticeable....hahaha

-M760Li MY2018
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #19
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Ah, I see, (no pun intended!) they almost look like factory options but the black is indeed not at windscreen level, nicely done! ^

On one hand, very glad we don't have tolls on the roads here (most motorway roads anyway, there are exceptions) but on the other, if they were in better shape and had less traffic then it would almost be worth it!)

Safe travels.
I drive quite a bit through EU & most countries main highways have tolls, surprisingly Germany does not. In Spain only 15% of the highways have tolls & are used by drivers to avoid congestions instead of using the state owned highways, luckily we can still choose toll or state highways to get to the same destination.

Any kind of "help" comes in handy while driving around here, our roads are plagued with all kinds of speeding toys in the kind of laser, radar, average, induction, 12x helicopters with with laser & camera, etc..

In the end the ultimate goal of all EU gov. is to have mandatory always-on 4G/GPS on all vehicles directly connected to the Traffic Dept. under the intial pretext of controling traffic congestions & reporting accidents & ultimately controlling speeds with automatic fining. EU provisions will make it mandatory for all new vehicles starting 2019

Quote:
That's what the lasers are for, all they'll see is a super nova heading towards them

Though in fairness BMW need to do an Individual Stealth Black Paint. You know the stuff they paint on aircraft which all but removes it's radar signature. They might have to change the shape of the car slightly as well though
Hahahaha, unfortunately radar is not the biggest threat

-M760Li MY2018
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #20
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I've checked it thoroughly and the price difference is down to different taxation standards in Spain vs UK (engine CC, emissions), although the UK version WITH THE STEERING WHEEL ON THE WRONG SIDE does come loaded & the value is increased further down the road.
Yeah in fairness the taxation is a bit screwed up on vehicles here now. They've just added a big tax on diesel cars which don't mean 2020 emission standards... in 2018. Not a single car meets them, not even sure they know what they'll be yet.

Yet they've also made fully electric cars much more expensive tax wise, they used to be fully exempt. It's got to be under £40k for the price of the car to avoid tax but most electric cars are quite expensive so creep over that.

Finally other than the first year road tax which is steep on the M760Li, it'll then be cheaper every year after than my M5 was despite putting out a lot more CO2.

Honestly I cannot workout the logic behind it all.

Quote:
Let's get back to the BODY ROLL ... (in where the vehicle suffers a noticeable inclination towards the exterior of the curve & where the occupants of said vehicle get pulled with the same force & in the same direction while giving stern dissaproving looks & words at the driver) & compared with a much taller X6M or a 535, or S63AMG or Panamera Turbo, on the same Spanish roads @ the same speeds, the M760's body roll is very much noticeable....hahaha
I assume your not talking about Comfort modes but in Sports? I'll agree it leans quite a lot in anything but Sport. I just felt that Sport was much more composed. It's a bit more firm riding but nothing major, still very comfortable. Plus it doesn't sound nearly as nice in anything but Sport

Maybe your just a nutter and taking corners at higher speeds than me?

I'll come back to you on this though as my test drive was last year so not driven a 760 for a good while.

Quote:
I drive quite a bit through EU & most countries main highways have tolls, surprisingly Germany does not. In Spain only 15% of the highways have tolls & are used by drivers to avoid congestions instead of using the state owned highways, luckily we can still choose toll or state highways to get to the same destination.

Any kind of "help" comes in handy while driving around here, our roads are plagued with all kinds of speeding toys in the kind of laser, radar, average, induction, 12x helicopters with with laser & camera, etc..

In the end the ultimate goal of all EU gov. is to have mandatory always-on 4G/GPS on all vehicles directly connected to the Traffic Dept. under the intial pretext of controling traffic congestions & reporting accidents & ultimately controlling speeds with automatic fining. EU provisions will make it mandatory for all new vehicles starting 2019
Well to be honest I was all for remaining in the EU and very disappointed we plan to leave. However I've changed my mind now, we need to escape

But seriously we are extremely nanny like also so they'll jump up and down to get these things in our cars here as well I imagine. In or out of the EU.

My gut feeling when buying this car is it might be my last really fast road car. In 4 years time they'll just be more cameras, more controls and it'll become pointless. So one last hurrah with a V12 and then maybe something more sensible for the road and start doing track days with a track car instead.

I mean who knows for sure but if you can never really open up the taps, what's the point of paying over the odds on worse fuel economy for something you'd never be able to fully experience.

Quote:
Hahahaha, unfortunately radar is not the biggest threat
Our police force doesn't have the numbers out on the roads like they used to, also the mobile camera vans are far less often seen than say 8 - 10 years ago. Budget cuts and all however they are relying on automatic technologies now to catch people.

At first it used to be the static speed cameras which you could just slow down and speed back up again. Now it's average speed cameras, variable limits on motorways with huge amounts of static cameras covering them.

To be honest I think it's mostly a waste of money, the level of traffic we have keeps speeds down almost all of the time anyway. You don't need to put so much money into cameras.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 09:29 AM   #21
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Congrats. Thats a great color combo.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 03:00 AM   #22
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah in fairness the taxation is a bit screwed up on vehicles here now. They've just added a big tax on diesel cars which don't mean 2020 emission standards... in 2018. Not a single car meets them, not even sure they know what they'll be yet.

Yet they've also made fully electric cars much more expensive tax wise, they used to be fully exempt. It's got to be under £40k for the price of the car to avoid tax but most electric cars are quite expensive so creep over that.

Finally other than the first year road tax which is steep on the M760Li, it'll then be cheaper every year after than my M5 was despite putting out a lot more CO2.

Honestly I cannot workout the logic behind it all.

I assume your not talking about Comfort modes but in Sports? I'll agree it leans quite a lot in anything but Sport. I just felt that Sport was much more composed. It's a bit more firm riding but nothing major, still very comfortable. Plus it doesn't sound nearly as nice in anything but Sport

Maybe your just a nutter and taking corners at higher speeds than me?

I'll come back to you on this though as my test drive was last year so not driven a 760 for a good while.

Well to be honest I was all for remaining in the EU and very disappointed we plan to leave. However I've changed my mind now, we need to escape

But seriously we are extremely nanny like also so they'll jump up and down to get these things in our cars here as well I imagine. In or out of the EU.

My gut feeling when buying this car is it might be my last really fast road car. In 4 years time they'll just be more cameras, more controls and it'll become pointless. So one last hurrah with a V12 and then maybe something more sensible for the road and start doing track days with a track car instead.

I mean who knows for sure but if you can never really open up the taps, what's the point of paying over the odds on worse fuel economy for something you'd never be able to fully experience.

Our police force doesn't have the numbers out on the roads like they used to, also the mobile camera vans are far less often seen than say 8 - 10 years ago. Budget cuts and all however they are relying on automatic technologies now to catch people.

At first it used to be the static speed cameras which you could just slow down and speed back up again. Now it's average speed cameras, variable limits on motorways with huge amounts of static cameras covering them.

To be honest I think it's mostly a waste of money, the level of traffic we have keeps speeds down almost all of the time anyway. You don't need to put so much money into cameras.

About the body roll, it leans way too much & that's my complaint. With the active anti-roll bars it should be compensating for the lean in any of the driving modes...

I agree with your comment on leaving the EU, leaving is a great idea in the long run...having an independent country is great.

In my case I'll continue driving around the EU with my car & I've just fitted the M Drivers Pack (speed increase to 305km/h + M Perfection Course) for my trips inside Germany :-)

Oh I also highly recommend you protect your car screens with a high quality glass screen protector. This one is taylor made for ours as (rear screens, tablet & front iDrive) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I fitted it yesterday on all screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Congrats. Thats a great color combo.

Thanks UniqueMR, it's a PIA to keep it clean though

-M760Li MY2018

Last edited by Arturo_spain; 05-06-2018 at 03:06 AM..
Appreciate 0