09-26-2021, 10:38 AM   #1
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Carbon Fiber rear winglets options

While looking at the R44 side skirts (which I'm 95% on), I discovered these awesome rear winglets that replace the gloss black rear corner(s).

This may be the perfect option and price is right!

https://r44performance.co.uk/collect...orners-for-g80
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 03:03 PM   #2
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
While looking at the R44 side skirts (which I'm 95% on), I discovered these awesome rear winglets that replace the gloss black rear corner(s).

For me personally, I have a lip coming that replaces the gloss black on the bumper. I have R44 side skirts to go underneath the gloss black panels. I also have the cf exterior package that gives me the cf diffuser. I like this combination of car color, gloss black and carbon fiber. I’ve seen a lot of full cf diffusers that replace all the gloss black and I think it’s just too much carbon for my liking and I LOVE CARBON FIBER. But if I were to go for cf winglets I would go for these instead of the M performance ones with the blades
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4852.50
      09-27-2021, 03:36 PM   #3
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Adaptive View Post
Quote:

For me personally, I have a lip coming that replaces the gloss black on the bumper. I have R44 side skirts to go underneath the gloss black panels. I also have the cf exterior package that gives me the cf diffuser. I like this combination of car color, gloss black and carbon fiber. I've seen a lot of full cf diffusers that replace all the gloss black and I think it's just too much carbon for my liking and I LOVE CARBON FIBER. But if I were to go for cf winglets I would go for these instead of the M performance ones with the blades

It sounds like we have a very similar game plan. My car (if it ever arrives lol) will be Brooklyn grey. I also ordered the exterior carbon package and the MP front lip as a port install option. So, the front of mine too will be all CF. I love the R44 side skirts and plan to order as well. What color ext do you have? You have now or still waiting too?

Just having a hard time deciding whether I want to eliminate those rear, gloss black corners and make them CF or leave them alone. I am leaning towards CF. Lol. There's the strip of gloss black over the rear diffuser and with the R44 side skirts, you're retaining the gloss black.

Tough call though for sure. Either way- gloss black rear winglets or carbon rear winglets- our plan will look amazing. I am definitely with you on these R44 rear winglets over the MP ones with the blades. The MP ones are ugly in my opinion.
Appreciate 1
M_Adaptive1769.00
      09-27-2021, 04:24 PM   #4
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It sounds like we have a very similar game plan. My car (if it ever arrives lol) will be Brooklyn grey. I also ordered the exterior carbon package and the MP front lip as a port install option. So, the front of mine too will be all CF. I love the R44 side skirts and plan to order as well. What color ext do you have? You have now or still waiting too?

Just having a hard time deciding whether I want to eliminate those rear, gloss black corners and make them CF or leave them alone. I am leaning towards CF. Lol. There's the strip of gloss black over the rear diffuser and with the R44 side skirts, you're retaining the gloss black.

Tough call though for sure. Either way- gloss black rear winglets or carbon rear winglets- our plan will look amazing. I am definitely with you on these R44 rear winglets over the MP ones with the blades. The MP ones are ugly in my opinion.
I got Brooklyn grey as well! KO interior and cf buckets. I have the RSC lip coming, if I didn’t get that I would have also gotten the M performance lip. Here are some photos of the CT diffuser that’s full carbon. After seeing this I just felt it would be too much carbon and the gloss black gives the car a good contrast between cf and exterior color. The only thing I would highly recommend is wrapping the gloss black parts with PPF to protect it from scratches and the sun. I’m doing full PPF when I get my car
Attached Images

2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4852.50
      09-27-2021, 05:55 PM   #5
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I got Brooklyn grey as well! KO interior and cf buckets. I have the RSC lip coming, if I didn't get that I would have also gotten the M performance lip. Here are some photos of the CT diffuser that's full carbon. After seeing this I just felt it would be too much carbon and the gloss black gives the car a good contrast between cf and exterior color. The only thing I would highly recommend is wrapping the gloss black parts with PPF to protect it from scratches and the sun. I'm doing full PPF when I get my car
Haha awesome man! I love the KO too. I went with a full Fiona Red. No buckets though. I love the look but didn't think they were very comfortable and I had to stop the bleeding (price wise)- I'm at a $95k Msrp. Lol.

The RSC lip is nice too! I just wanted it on upon delivery and part of my build sheet. I actually love the MP one, too.

I can see what you mean with that kit. The carbon exterior pack though has a gloss black edge around the top of the rear diffuser. Here's a pic I shot of one I test drove so it won't actually be completely carbon. It'll still have some gloss black. That one does look like a little too much…
I think I'm leaning towards going for the R44 carbon rear winglets. I think it'll look nice w the scheme in the photo.

Ohh yeah for sure man! I'm having mine picked up in an enclosed trailer and taken straight to my local shop for full PPF (xpel) and ceramic coating.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 05:57 PM   #6
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Upon looking more close at that photo though, maybe keeping if gloss black would be best on the rear corners so it's like one gloss black line, all the way across the back. Lol. I'm torn! Luckily I have time to mull it over.
Appreciate 1
M_Adaptive1769.00
      09-27-2021, 07:45 PM   #7
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Upon looking more close at that photo though, maybe keeping if gloss black would be best on the rear corners so it's like one gloss black line, all the way across the back. Lol. I'm torn! Luckily I have time to mull it over.
This is exactly what I’m thinking. It looks clean and the good news is thats on part of the car I wont have to touch. And the side skirts will go nicely with that setup.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4852.50
      09-27-2021, 07:52 PM   #8
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
This is exactly what I'm thinking. It looks clean and the good news is thats on part of the car I wont have to touch. And the side skirts will go nicely with that setup.
You definitely raise a good point. I should probably quit while I'm ahead. Lol.

Maybe I will forego the rear winglets…

Those R44 side skirts are gonna look killer and tie it all together. Definitely post pics when you get. When do you expect your car?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:54 PM   #9
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I want the stock side skirts in carbon. I cant believe no one makes them. Makes no sense. Makes no sense that you cant get them in Carbon, OEM.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:57 PM   #10
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I want the stock side skirts in carbon. I cant believe no one makes them. Makes no sense. Makes no sense that you cant get them in Carbon, OEM.
Yes, I would like that more too! I don't like the MP ones at all.
I love the R44 ones though.

https://r44performance.co.uk/product...39405050167371
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13473.50
      09-27-2021, 08:01 PM   #11
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Problem is, if you have the BMW External Carbon OEM package, the weave isnt going to match. And if you look at the OEM carbon, in the sunlight, its kind of goldish looking.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 08:06 PM   #12
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Problem is, if you have the BMW External Carbon OEM package, the weave isnt going to match. And if you look at the OEM carbon, in the sunlight, its kind of goldish looking.
It should match! It's 2x2, OEM style.

It'll be more than good for me on the side skirts. The rear, I may wanna stay away from if there's a different colored hue since I'll have the oem diffuser there right next to it.

For the side skirts though, I think they'll look killer! Everything else for me is OEM. Front lip, ext. package, and oem carbon side markers.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13473.50
      09-27-2021, 08:10 PM   #13
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
See details from R44 site
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13473.50
M_Adaptive1769.00
      09-28-2021, 12:09 AM   #14
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ordered my side skirts last week and they literally just arrived. Gave them a quick inspection and the weave looks very good. No blemishes, nicks or marks on them. If you’d like I can post some photos of them tomorrow. Now all I need is the car.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4852.50
      09-28-2021, 07:30 AM   #15
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ordered my side skirts last week and they literally just arrived. Gave them a quick inspection and the weave looks very good. No blemishes, nicks or marks on them. If you'd like I can post some photos of them tomorrow. Now all I need is the car.
That'd be awesome if you could whenever you get a chance. Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 06:57 PM   #16
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That'd be awesome if you could whenever you get a chance. Thanks man!
Sorry it took a while
Attached Images

2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 2