BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

11-11-2021, 01:56 PM   #1
ElHeffe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many

Carbon Exterior Pack - Full or partial PPF?

I normally do the full front, full hood, fenders and rocker panels of any car I own. I went with the Carbon Exterior Pack and I'm wondering how the CF pieces do with scratches. Is what I normally do fine or is it worth roughly 2x the cost just to have the full car covered?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 07:50 PM   #2
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHeffe View Post
I normally do the full front, full hood, fenders and rocker panels of any car I own. I went with the Carbon Exterior Pack and I'm wondering how the CF pieces do with scratches. Is what I normally do fine or is it worth roughly 2x the cost just to have the full car covered?
My G82 arrives next month and I’ll be wrapping the whole car including all the cf parts from the cf package as well as the front lip and side skirts I’ll be putting on. It’s the added peace of mind and protection that helped in my decision. You can protect the front from rock chips with PPF but what about the random scratch you might get on your door that you have no clue how it popped up. Wrapping the full car gives you that added protection where I don’t have to worry about that. I would 100% wrap the full car especially if you are purchasing and not leasing.

I wrapped only the front bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors and cf parts on my E92 and my biggest regret is not wrapping the whole car. Not to mention the money I could have saved on upkeep had I wrapped the car when I first purchased it.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
ElHeffe186.00
      11-11-2021, 07:55 PM   #3
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHeffe View Post
I dropped my car off a few days ago for FULL PPF. I already have a little rock nick on the front plastic bumper, and I brought my car to a body shop that I trust, and the owner told me he would never want to paint my car, or any Dravit Gray car for that matter.

That just solidified my reasoning behind getting the whole car wrapped in PPF. The detailer I brought my car to, will paint correct, and remove the door handles, trunk spoiler, headlights, tail lights and full debadge, to make sure I get full coverage with no seams. Everything will be wrapped in STek Dynoshield, and STek DynoFlex on the outer windshield, topping with Feynlabs Ceramic on everything, including the wheels off, for full paint correct and ceramic. Looking at about 8k California pricing.

Appreciate 1
ElHeffe186.00
      11-12-2021, 07:58 AM   #4
Grrveer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (sold) 2018 M2 (sold)

Quick question, is getting PPF on the carbon fiber roof a good idea? I usually just get the whole front and side-mirrors done. First time having CF roof.

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      11-12-2021, 09:50 AM   #5
ElHeffe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrveer View Post
Quick question, is getting PPF on the carbon fiber roof a good idea? I usually just get the whole front and side-mirrors done. First time having CF roof.

Thanks!
I think this is a great question. When I got pricing, I was told the roof was $300, so I was just going to have it done.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 06:17 PM   #6
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrveer View Post

Thanks!
Yes you should if you are planning on keeping the car more than five or six years. The roof starts to discolor after a some time especially if it’s left outside. But for $300 and you’re already wrapping most or all the car then go for it.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00