BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

12-05-2021, 09:56 AM   #1
snarkeygolbin
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

Can My dealer change the price at any point?

Hey all,

I am a current G80 owner (RWD) and I inquired about an Xdrive our of curiosity.

They gave me a cracking deal I couldn't turn down.

They toldme would be an extended wait which I am fine with, dosnt matter that much too me (5-6 months theyve said).

Ive signed all the paper work and paid my deposit.

Theyve locked in the price in my old car (so they have said) I also made a point of saying im not having the new car if the price changes, and I wont.

Im wondering, as we get closer to delivery can they change the price etc as 6 months is a long time and what they offere deven now seems pretty crazy (all due to delays and shortages etc).

Anyone had any experience with this and I am assuming each dealer is different.

PS. I am in the UK :-)

Last edited by snarkeygolbin; 12-05-2021 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: added country
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2021, 10:10 AM   #2
ABQ_M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition

Im surprised they "locked in" the value of your trade in. Considering a lot of things can happen in 6 months (not including the obvious more mileage/wear and tear). When I ordered my 2022 we agreed to MSRP and was told it "locked in" the price so I put down the deposit. Now is a deposit a contract? no, but I highly doubt they would risk losing a guaranteed sale over a $1-$2k increase in price. Im guessing if they did increase the price more then what you put down your deposit on they could refund you your money if you weren't willing to pay the increased price.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 11:08 AM   #3
iskysoma01
Private
Rep
Drives: M3. G80

I was in the same boat! My dealer quoted me a price at time of order (with discount off of MSRP) car took almost 3 months. Was worried that they would not honor as technically quotes are good for 60 days. They honored it. I'm in the US.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 11:33 AM   #4
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ_M3 View Post
Im surprised they "locked in" the value of your trade in. Considering a lot of things can happen in 6 months (not including the obvious more mileage/wear and tear). When I ordered my 2022 we agreed to MSRP and was told it "locked in" the price so I put down the deposit. Now is a deposit a contract? no, but I highly doubt they would risk losing a guaranteed sale over a $1-$2k increase in price. Im guessing if they did increase the price more then what you put down your deposit on they could refund you your money if you weren't willing to pay the increased price.
At least in Spain they ALWAYS lock your trade-in value. Any other way there would be no deal LOL.
On the other hand, the order deposit that is about 4-5k dollars, is usually not refundable if you cancel the order at any point.