BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding IDrive 7 and Spotify default

03-08-2022, 02:42 PM   #1
Rodders2018
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

IDrive 7 and Spotify default

Anyone have a suggestion for Iphone / I-drive 7 / Spotify compatibility suggestion…

Issue… not everytime, but most times I get into car after full shutdown of headunit, I have to select my phone on media window and it will automatically begin playing Apple Music and picks the first song in my apple library.

It’s like ground hog day… After the Storm (Mumford and Sons) starts playing, then I have to open Spotify on my phone and select song and there is a 50/50 chance the Spotify app on Headunit will be there and again… I will select it and find playlist of choice.

This is a first world problem, but I cannot hear After the Storm and not want to hurt somebody.

Setting or suggestions on iphone or I-drive to default to spotify upon Bluetooth link?

Maybe I need to delete all the apple music from phone????

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:51 AM   #2
H_T
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m550i

Garage List
2021 BMW m550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders2018 View Post
Anyone have a suggestion for Iphone / I-drive 7 / Spotify compatibility suggestion…

Issue… not everytime, but most times I get into car after full shutdown of headunit, I have to select my phone on media window and it will automatically begin playing Apple Music and picks the first song in my apple library.

It's like ground hog day… After the Storm (Mumford and Sons) starts playing, then I have to open Spotify on my phone and select song and there is a 50/50 chance the Spotify app on Headunit will be there and again… I will select it and find playlist of choice.

This is a first world problem, but I cannot hear After the Storm and not want to hurt somebody.

Setting or suggestions on iphone or I-drive to default to spotify upon Bluetooth link?

Maybe I need to delete all the apple music from phone????

Cheers
Is the app fully closed on the iPhone (swipe up to close before entering your BMW)?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 02:43 PM   #3
Rodders2018
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

I will try that. The App is open when I start the car, but perhaps it is not active…

But the Spotify on the Head Unit doesn’t default to status when I shut car down.
Appreciate 0