home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

04-17-2022, 12:47 AM   #1
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Crazy Pre-owned price at BMW Dealership

Found a listing for a used Lexus at a BMW dealership.

https://www.bmwgrandriver.com/used/v...id11426759.htm

Would love to hear the story behind this one, as in what did the customer trade it in for? And curious if the dealership will actually get the overinflated selling price.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2022, 02:41 AM   #2
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post

Would love to hear the story behind this one, as in what did the customer trade it in for? And curious if the dealership will actually get the overinflated selling price.
Terrible and overpriced. Most Lexus cars drive boring.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2022, 01:02 PM   #3
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Terrible and overpriced. Most Lexus cars drive boring.
Yeah agreed - way overpriced and terrible gouging. Even if the IS500 is the one model that isn't as boring as the rest of the lineup.
Appreciate 1
Mowe2456.00
      04-19-2022, 06:14 PM   #4
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

Quote:

traded in for a big step up ... when it arrives who knows
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 08:00 PM   #5
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akBMWGrandRiver View Post
traded in for a big step up ... when it arrives who knows
Yeah BMW AG has managed thousands of orders so very poorly. Some have gotten lucky but many have been delayed with little to no communication.
Customer may regret their choice to give up the car so soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 09:25 AM   #6
Seanhfx
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY23 M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre

Quote:

lol, have you looked around? Almost all cars are over priced compared to > 20 months ago, and where an used car for the same model year is selling more than paid for new. This is with ALL dealers!

You just have to look at new cars/truck sales in Canada for the 1st quarter, where sales are down over 66% compared to normal. That void needs to be picked up somewhere, and that is with the used car market. Not everyone can wait 4, 6, 12++ months for a new car.

Question is, will the interest rate hikes over the rest of this calendar year make a difference? We should know by late fall, if not spring of 2023.
Appreciate 1
Swappy531.50
      04-24-2022, 09:31 AM   #7
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanhfx View Post
lol, have you looked around? Almost all cars are over priced compared to > 20 months ago, and where an used car for the same model year is selling more than paid for new. This is with ALL dealers!

You just have to look at new cars/truck sales in Canada for the 1st quarter, where sales are down over 66% compared to normal. That void needs to be picked up somewhere, and that is with the used car market. Not everyone can wait 4, 6, 12++ months for a new car.

Question is, will the interest rate hikes over the rest of this calendar year make a difference? We should know by late fall, if not spring of 2023.
I got my 2022 Lexus IS500 Launch Edition brand new, for MSRP.
It's tough, but there are still ways of getting a decent deal (sadly in today's market it means not paying any markup).
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 10:18 AM   #8
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Quote:

https://www.bmwgrandriver.com/used/vehicle/2022-lexus-is-500-base-id11426759.htm

Well….I hope this bodes well for me when I'm planning on trying to sell my current 2019 M550xi w/23K Km's, and then pay out the lease. I'm still waiting to hear when my M3 order goes into production. Once I am comfortable with when I will get my new car, I will market the M550. Hopefully the used car market stays strong for a while longer 🤞😉
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 10:25 AM   #9
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
Quote:

https://www.bmwgrandriver.com/used/vehicle/2022-lexus-is-500-base-id11426759.htm

Well….I hope this bodes well for me when I'm planning on trying to sell my current 2019 M550xi w/23K Km's, and then pay out the lease. I'm still waiting to hear when my M3 order goes into production. Once I am comfortable with when I will get my new car, I will market the M550. Hopefully the used car market stays strong for a while longer 🤞😉
Not sure where you live but since BMW eliminated 3rd party lease buyouts the process can be a long one. In NY, it took me almost 3 months from the time I cut the check to the time I got clean title so I could then sell the car. I made good money on it but not sure I would do it again. It was a lot of work.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 01:35 PM   #10
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure where you live but since BMW eliminated 3rd party lease buyouts the process can be a long one. In NY, it took me almost 3 months from the time I cut the check to the time I got clean title so I could then sell the car. I made good money on it but not sure I would do it again. It was a lot of work.
OK, this is good to know, thank you! I'm in Canada I'll check with my dealer as to the process. They've already offered me $5000 equity, but the car
is fully loaded and very low mileage, I think I could do better. But, as you say I don't want to wait that long to be able to transfer a title. Thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 07:05 PM   #11
Seanhfx
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY23 M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre

Quote:
I got my 2022 Lexus IS500 Launch Edition brand new, for MSRP.
It's tough, but there are still ways of getting a decent deal (sadly in today's market it means not paying any markup).
We are talking about used cars here.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 07:42 AM   #12
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah BMW AG has managed thousands of orders so very poorly. Some have gotten lucky but many have been delayed with little to no communication.
Customer may regret their choice to give up the car so soon.
Cant blame BMW AG for Poutin (wiring harness) or Chip shortages...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 07:49 AM   #13
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
We sure can blame BMW's inability to understand a basic concept called First In, First Out. Many orders placed well after mine and other week 42-46 production were already delivered. Furthermore, BMW Canada's unwillingness to provide communication back to its customers similarly to it's American counterpart is shortsighted.
I understand you need to tow the company line in your role, but understand that there are many unhappy Canadian customers.
Appreciate 1
BardG212.50
      04-27-2022, 09:07 AM   #14
Cee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
We sure can blame BMW's inability to understand a basic concept called First In, First Out. Many orders placed well after mine and other week 42-46 production were already delivered. Furthermore, BMW Canada's unwillingness to provide communication back to its customers similarly to it's American counterpart is shortsighted.
I understand you need to tow the company line in your role, but understand that there are many unhappy Canadian customers.
Well said…if it wasn’t for the RAM random allocations et al and the fact some wait a few days for carrier assignment while other wait months and cars produced at later dates including even ones produced in FEB 23 getting delivered then yeah you could blame world events and shortages….I can only speak for myself but as a first ever BMW purchase ( never thought of cancelling my order as there’s nothing else that fits the criteria) this experience is leaving a sour taste.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 09:38 AM   #15
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
Well said…if it wasn’t for the RAM random allocations et al and the fact some wait a few days for carrier assignment while other wait months and cars produced at later dates including even ones produced in FEB 23 getting delivered then yeah you could blame world events and shortages….I can only speak for myself but as a first ever BMW purchase ( never thought of cancelling my order as there’s nothing else that fits the criteria) this experience is leaving a sour taste.
Sorry to hear that this is your first experience with the brand. I'd like to think it doesn't represent how they normally would run their business, but first hand experience for myself and other friends/family with their car purchases this past year have shown me just how random and disorganized BMW has become. Totally agree that there isn't much else that compares to some BMW models (G8X, etc). Right now their top notch product is keeping me a BMW customer (assuming the car is delivered this season, year or decade).
Appreciate 1
BardG212.50
      04-27-2022, 09:41 AM   #16
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I agree, if I communicated so poorly with my customers the way my dealer does with me, I'd be out of business. Also, trying to ram a price increase down my throat after I signed a contract is totally unacceptable!😡
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 09:44 AM   #17
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
Sorry to hear that this is your first experience with the brand. I'd like to think it doesn't represent how they normally would run their business, but first hand experience for myself and other friends/family with their car purchases this past year have shown me just how random and disorganized BMW has become. Totally agree that there isn't much else that compares to some BMW models (G8X, etc). Right now their top notch product is keeping me a BMW customer (assuming the car is delivered this season, year or decade).
Yes for sure, if it wasn't for the product I'd be gone. I've had 3 Audi's, nice but just not the same as BMW. I couldn't see myself going back to Audi. Mercedes is too "pedestrian" or conservative for me. I like a four door car, I guess I could look at the Panamera but it's a big car!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 02:14 PM   #18
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep

Quote:
There are probably many other factors besides being first signed BoS.

One could be the build itself. Many restrictions with M CF buckets, laserlights, wireless charging, parking assistant w surround view. If your car was ordered with any of these features it could be delayed versus one that is not. So maybe a manual shift G8X (cant have parking assistant for example) or one with lesser options was built and shipped quicker.

One could be that you may think you have a prod week #XX but maybe your SA hasn't told you an exact week and gives them a buffer time. The amount of DMs I personally received inquiring about prod# and weeks from this forum is a lot, which tells me some of you may not have the correct info.

Someone mentioned afterwards about communication - I have been very upfront with my clients and everyone that has messaged me here. I told someone from here yesterday, that their prod # was a status 105 meaning 'no prod week available' but the guy at Budds said 'no parts production delay'

I'm sorry you feel frustrated, I would be as well but it is the current car market right now in the World with every brand.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 02:17 PM   #19
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep

Quote:
I agree, if I communicated so poorly with my customers the way my dealer does with me, I'd be out of business. Also, trying to ram a price increase down my throat after I signed a contract is totally unacceptable!😡
This is the communication post I am referring to in my most recent reply to Kimchiguy79

The dealer should have locked in your 2021 price before the year change over
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 02:26 PM   #20
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
There are probably many other factors besides being first signed BoS.

One could be the build itself. Many restrictions with M CF buckets, laserlights, wireless charging, parking assistant w surround view. If your car was ordered with any of these features it could be delayed versus one that is not. So maybe a manual shift G8X (cant have parking assistant for example) or one with lesser options was built and shipped quicker.

One could be that you may think you have a prod week #XX but maybe your SA hasn't told you an exact week and gives them a buffer time. The amount of DMs I personally received inquiring about prod# and weeks from this forum is a lot, which tells me some of you may not have the correct info.

Someone mentioned afterwards about communication - I have been very upfront with my clients and everyone that has messaged me here. I told someone from here yesterday, that their prod # was a status 105 meaning 'no prod week available' but the guy at Budds said 'no parts production delay'

I'm sorry you feel frustrated, I would be as well but it is the current car market right now in the World with every brand.
I truly appreciate your insights and feedback on this issue. But I feel my build has little to do with the options selected (non CF seats, wireless charging was automatically deleted and the colour is not individual). While it was specced with laser lights and surround view via Premium package, the delay was a simple RAM audio module that was installed 4 months after build completion.

My dealership secured a build allocation shortly after I placed my deposit in June 2021. The production week was originally assigned as 35 but bumped to 45 (November 2021). As you can see we are well into the New Year with the delays that could have been avoided if BMW took stock of their supply and allocated resources in a logical fashion.

You claim that the current car market and World is the cause of delays, like every other Canadian BMW dealership is told to say. But you're missing the point, cars were allocated RAM audio chips AND assigned vessels to be delivered within a 4 month span for a select few lucky Canadians. I can assure you that Lexus, Mercedes and several other luxury car makers have been respecting the first in, first out principle to product delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 02:28 PM   #21
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That is definitely poor business practice and they should have definitely secured your pricing!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 02:39 PM   #22
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep

Quote:
I truly appreciate your insights and feedback on this issue. But I feel my build has little to do with the options selected (non CF seats, wireless charging was automatically deleted and the colour is not individual). While it was specced with laser lights and surround view via Premium package, the delay was a simple RAM audio module that was installed 4 months after build completion.

My dealership secured a build allocation shortly after I placed my deposit in June 2021. The production week was originally assigned as 35 but bumped to 45 (November 2021). As you can see we are well into the New Year with the delays that could have been avoided if BMW took stock of their supply and allocated resources in a logical fashion.

You claim that the current car market and World is the cause of delays, like every other Canadian BMW dealership is told to say. But you're missing the point, cars were allocated RAM audio chips AND assigned vessels to be delivered within a 4 month span for a select few lucky Canadians. I can assure you that Lexus, Mercedes and several other luxury car makers have been respecting the first in, first out principle to product delivery.
Your car was made w/o a RAM module, parked in a lot with many vehicles destined for other bigger/smaller markets in the world. I do not know how BMW selected which car received a RAM first. They probably did F this part up. Everyone at a dealer level was left unaware. I was frustrated as well telling clients 'I don't know.'

Many of my friends at other stores are saying the same thing but maybe you know more about the FIFO process with them

Anyways, I hope you are enjoying the car now!
Appreciate 0