G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

06-04-2022, 11:39 AM   #1
Mxster ice
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan

Agonizing, frustrating, but still looking forward

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the thread here. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as I am.

Long story short:
- ordered an M3C xDrive in Nov
- got allocation in Feb with May build
- build was halted and pushed to MY23
- now still waiting on confirmation of build date (probably won’t happen for another 3 to 4 months and that means taking delivery in the winter)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 11:41 AM   #2
Mxster ice
Canada
Rep

Forgot to mention prices have gone up too. The positive though is I get to re-spec my car.
Appreciate 1
themnmd1691.00
      06-05-2022, 02:06 AM   #3
G-Breazy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Grandmarquis 92, X6 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxster ice View Post
Forgot to mention prices have gone up too. The positive though is I get to re-spec my car.
Hey I’m in the exact same position as you. I used this opportunity to change my options, specifically individual paint.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 07:42 AM   #4
Mxster ice
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Breazy View Post
Hey I’m in the exact same position as you. I used this opportunity to change my options, specifically individual paint.
What colour did you end up going with?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 08:38 AM   #5
Hubie33
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CX

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the thread here. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as I am.

Long story short:
- now still waiting on confirmation of build date (probably won’t happen for another 3 to 4 months and that means taking delivery in the winter)
I was in a similar position, week 20 build that went from status 112 to no build week available. Dealer inquired w/ BMW Canada and said it would not be produced.

The new ordering guides/pricing have just been released though not published to the general public. Met with the dealer last week, and built a new MY23 and they have submitted for production.

Apparently customers in our position who have had our build cancelled are trying to be prioritized as much as possible by BMW.

Waiting now for a confirmed build week for the MY23 assuming the change over will happen in July. Best case scenario is a July build with a late August/September delivery.

It sounds like first infers out and that the allocation system is still there but BW is trying to fill immediate demand.

My recommendation would be to sit down with your dealer, get the new car built and submit.

Good luck to all of us!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 03:46 PM   #6
Seanhfx
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY23 M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre

I just ordered M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre, expect delivery in the fall.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 07:21 PM   #7
Mxster ice
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanhfx View Post
I just ordered M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre, expect delivery in the fall.
Congrats! That's going to be one hell of a ride.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 07:22 PM   #8
Mxster ice
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie33 View Post
I was in a similar position, week 20 build that went from status 112 to no build week available. Dealer inquired w/ BMW Canada and said it would not be produced.

The new ordering guides/pricing have just been released though not published to the general public. Met with the dealer last week, and built a new MY23 and they have submitted for production.

Apparently customers in our position who have had our build cancelled are trying to be prioritized as much as possible by BMW.

Waiting now for a confirmed build week for the MY23 assuming the change over will happen in July. Best case scenario is a July build with a late August/September delivery.

It sounds like first infers out and that the allocation system is still there but BW is trying to fill immediate demand.

My recommendation would be to sit down with your dealer, get the new car built and submit.

Good luck to all of us!
Thanks! And as you said, good luck to us all. I've submitted my build over the weekend. Now just waiting to see which week my build will be. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 08:17 AM   #9
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

I sincerely hope for all of you guys that BMW has learned and adapted to parts and supply chain shortages. The didn't have any concept of First In, First Out for any orders manufactured in Oct-Nov 2021. My non-individual build took one year from ordering to delivery.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 10:00 AM   #10
G-Breazy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Grandmarquis 92, X6 21

Quote:
What colour did you end up going with?
Java Green
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 10:08 PM   #11
Mxster ice
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
I sincerely hope for all of you guys that BMW has learned and adapted to parts and supply chain shortages. The didn't have any concept of First In, First Out for any orders manufactured in Oct-Nov 2021. My non-individual build took one year from ordering to delivery.
Mine is probably going to be one year by the time I get the car. Still no word on build date yet though.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 10:09 PM   #12
Mxster ice
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Breazy View Post
Java Green
That's going to turn some heads. Awesome choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 08:42 AM   #13
Nyghtbow
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i/BMW M4 (ordered)

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Long story short:

It seems to be totally random as to who is getting delayed and who is not.

My story:
- ordered a M4 Convertible in Oct
- build completed and got a status 193 mid May
- car arrived at dealership this past Monday (June 6th) and now just waiting for local detail shop to do PPF.

Why some cars get through and other do not is crazy. Now you not only have to deal with BMW raising prices but come Sept the car will be hit with the new luxury tax. I don't know what I would have done if my order was cancelled and moved to MY23. It might have ended my desire to own one.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 08:12 PM   #14
Mxster ice
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtbow View Post
It seems to be totally random as to who is getting delayed and who is not.

My story:
- ordered a M4 Convertible in Oct
- build completed and got a status 193 mid May
- car arrived at dealership this past Monday (June 6th) and now just waiting for local detail shop to do PPF.

Why some cars get through and other do not is crazy. Now you not only have to deal with BMW raising prices but come Sept the car will be hit with the new luxury tax. I don't know what I would have done if my order was cancelled and moved to MY23. It might have ended my desire to own one.
I guess that's the difference between M3 and M4. According to BMW, production was halted because they were switching over to MY23 with the ID8.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 02:47 AM   #15
icecrow001
Rep
Drives: m550

Hello guys. Didn't check the forum for a while. I have almost same story as you guys. Ordered last year, allocation in Dec 2021, build week18 this year, then cancelled. M3C. I thought was only me got this stupid thing. Haha. I still see some M4 coming, but seems BMW cut all M3. Anyway. I am now line up for next year M3CS. Finger crossed.. Thinking I have wait so long, so why not just get the fresh special model. The long wait has turn down my passions… hope you guys will get the dream toys soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 11:35 AM   #16
Mxster ice
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecrow001 View Post
Hello guys. Didn't check the forum for a while. I have almost same story as you guys. Ordered last year, allocation in Dec 2021, build week18 this year, then cancelled. M3C. I thought was only me got this stupid thing. Haha. I still see some M4 coming, but seems BMW cut all M3. Anyway. I am now line up for next year M3CS. Finger crossed.. Thinking I have wait so long, so why not just get the fresh special model. The long wait has turn down my passions… hope you guys will get the dream toys soon.
Did your deal confirm that you’ll get the M3CS? I asked my dealer as well. There is no waiting list for M3CS. Either you get it or you don’t. My dealer was allocated 2 M3CS and already reserved for people that put a deposit down in late 2020.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 02:23 PM   #17
icecrow001
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did your deal confirm that you’ll get the M3CS? I asked my dealer as well. There is no waiting list for M3CS. Either you get it or you don’t. My dealer was allocated 2 M3CS and already reserved for people that put a deposit down in late 2020.
Quote:
Quote:
Did your deal confirm that you'll get the M3CS? I asked my dealer as well. There is no waiting list for M3CS. Either you get it or you don't. My dealer was allocated 2 M3CS and already reserved for people that put a deposit down in late 2020.
Not confirmed. Cuz actually this car has not launch. So no ordering line. I've been told will have highly chance, since they canceled my M3, and assume they are honest to me, thinking I am a good customer. But I also lined up for next year normal M3. But I now prefer the special one, the curve screen sucks, so wanna have something special. Btw, do you mean you dealer has confirmed he will have 2 allocations for new M3CS?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 10:34 PM   #18
Mxster ice
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Not confirmed. Cuz actually this car has not launch. So no ordering line. I've been told will have highly chance, since they canceled my M3, and assume they are honest to me, thinking I am a good customer. But I also lined up for next year normal M3. But I now prefer the special one, the curve screen sucks, so wanna have something special. Btw, do you mean you dealer has confirmed he will have 2 allocations for new M3CS?
Yep. Coz when I did my re-spec, I asked about the M3CS. They told me they got two allocations and it’s already reserved.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 11:37 PM   #19
icecrow001
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yep. Coz when I did my re-spec, I asked about the M3CS. They told me they got two allocations and it’s already reserved.
interesting, it is not launch yet… I thought no allocation before launching. unless they got some kind of commitment from high level saying at least will give them two allocations. Which make sense.. there are always vvvvvip people are waiting on it.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 09:07 PM   #20
Mxster ice
Canada
Rep

Quote:
interesting, it is not launch yet… I thought no allocation before launching. unless they got some kind of commitment from high level saying at least will give them two allocations. Which make sense.. there are always vvvvvip people are waiting on it.
My take on this..... BMW Canada would have known already how many allocations will Canada have and based on that and the volume of individual BMW dealerships, they would assign to each the number of allocation.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 11:12 PM   #21
icecrow001
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
My take on this..... BMW Canada would have known already how many allocations will Canada have and based on that and the volume of individual BMW dealerships, they would assign to each the number of allocation.
By saying of that, dealers should already have the ideas how many they will get, and which vip will get, and which will not. So probably I am just wish for nothing again. Lol.. anyway. Next year stuff. Summer has coming, winter will be soon..I can wait..
Appreciate 0