Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Longshot question on Montreal Dealers

I doubt anyone has a decent answer but I'll try:

Does anyone know which dealer in Montreal has the most allocations with shorter order wait list?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 10:16 PM   #2
Sam_MTL
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Hey, I placed an order at BMW laval september 2021 and my M3 is currently at Bremerhaven port waiting for a ship to get here. I had called all dealerships in Qc amd most of them had roughly the same waiting time. BMW laval claims to be the biggest dealership in Qc … no idea if it's actually true. I would check how many people are on the waiting list and/or put a deposit at 2-3 dealerships and see how it goes.
Appreciate 1
Habber3515.00
      06-30-2022, 10:41 PM   #3
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [9.83]
I did the deposit at Canbec. I'm #7 and they have no allocations in August. Claimed to get 1-2 a month so doesn't look promising.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 10:23 AM   #4
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: you bonkers

It's true that Laval is the biggest volume in Quebec (even in Canada, sometimes beaten by Markham).
However when I shopped in September 2021 they didn't have allocations until 4 months later.
Canbec and Hamel had one for the next month... so it's not a matter of volume IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 10:29 AM   #5
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromotive View Post
It's true that Laval is the biggest volume in Quebec (even in Canada, sometimes beaten by Markham).
However when I shopped in September 2021 they didn't have allocations until 4 months later.
Canbec and Hamel had one for the next month... so it's not a matter of volume IMO.
Thanks for the update. I have a deposit with Canbec but looking at others to see if they have shorter list.

Thanks for the info and Laval service tanked. Ghislain moved higher into the payroll and they don't care now about anything. Maybe they are too big a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 10:32 AM   #6
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
Thanks for the update. I have a deposit with Canbec but looking at others to see if they have shorter list.

Thanks for the info and Laval service tanked. Ghislain moved higher into the payroll and they don't care now about anything. Maybe they are too big a dealer.
Wow, I don't know if you're reading my mind or what... I hesitated but didn't wanna flame them.

I waited 2 months for a call back from Laval for an allocation and didn't hear from them. Yes things aren't what they used to be; sometimes a business grows too fast for what it can handle.

Canbec are stellar, even if I live walking distance from Laval.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 10:45 AM   #7
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, I don't know if you're reading my mind or what... I hesitated but didn't wanna flame them.

I waited 2 months for a call back from Laval for an allocation and didn't hear from them. Yes things aren't what they used to be; sometimes a business grows too fast for what it can handle.

Canbec are stellar, even if I live walking distance from Laval.
Yeah I think it's important to share experiences with the local community. Im not really flaming them since in the past they were good however if they don't give me the service after being a house account, why wouldn't I share this?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 11:33 AM   #8
Sam_MTL
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Totally agree !! Had to change my sales rep cz he was very incompetent and almost cancelled my order if I didn't have a production number.

My new sales rep is much better and provides monthly updates … would certainly consider another dealership even if you have to wait extra time. I feel like I'm always bothering them for updates while they should be running after me !
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 11:48 AM   #9
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MTL View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Totally agree !! Had to change my sales rep cz he was very incompetent and almost cancelled my order if I didn't have a production number.

My new sales rep is much better and provides monthly updates … would certainly consider another dealership even if you have to wait extra time. I feel like I'm always bothering them for updates while they should be running after me !
Don't you love that feeling when the dealer makes as if they are doing you the favour giving you updates?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 02:37 PM   #10
Sam_MTL
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't you love that feeling when the dealer makes as if they are doing you the favour giving you updates?
I never thought that the day I can afford a 100k+ car, I would have to wait that long and have to run after a sales rep that anyways has not much to do all day … barely any used or new cars available to sell. They are taking orders over the phone !!!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 02:41 PM   #11
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I never thought that the day I can afford a 100k+ car, I would have to wait that long and have to run after a sales rep that anyways has not much to do all day … barely any used or new cars available to sell. They are taking orders over the phone !!!
I also did my deal over the phone. It won't be long before all deals will be done online like the Tesla model. If we are almost paying MSRP, why even have a dealership? Just keep a small area for service and sell of the rest for real estate.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 09:34 PM   #12
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Manufacturers keep saying they won't abolish dealerships even when they sell online. I'm not sure I believe them... I feel it's just false reassurance.

On the other hand, some dealerships (aka Laval) take customers for granted (there, I said it) and sooner or later will have to adjust to prove their added value. Maybe supply and demand means they won't run after customers during a pandemic, but there's common sense and good customer service too. We're not buying a Lamborghini, but a 100k car isn't a common thing either.

Then again, let's be grateful we're not in the US where they can sell with crazy markups.

Kudos to my SA for his patience and answering every text and e-mail, and finally activating my GPS tracking.
Appreciate 1
Dual.V8105.50
      07-03-2022, 06:35 PM   #13
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: m5 f90

Garage List
  [0.00]
Ordered a G80 M3 back in October and got it delivered by the end of April at Canbec
Ordered an F90 M5 middle november and got it delivered by June 1St at BMW West Island

I was a good client at Canbec but like you guys said they take their costumer for granted.

No Discount- No follow up and my CA didn't want to give me back my deposit even if I canceled my order a month before production.

Avoid Canbec no matter what

Try BMW West Island and hit my boy David Viau
      07-03-2022, 07:18 PM   #14
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual.V8 View Post
Ordered a G80 M3 back in October and got it delivered by the end of April at Canbec
Ordered an F90 M5 middle november and got it delivered by June 1St at BMW West Island

I was a good client at Canbec but like you guys said they take their costumer for granted.

No Discount- No follow up and my CA didn't want to give me back my deposit even if I canceled my order a month before production.

Avoid Canbec no matter what

Try BMW West Island and hit my boy David Viau
Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0