G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

07-04-2022, 09:49 AM   #1
Kinleyg
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition Xdrive

BMW Canada can no longer check order status apparently

I'm one of those crazy people that's been calling BMW Canada to check on my M3 order a couple times a week. Trying to not be a pain to my SA.

I called just now and I was told they no longer have that information available to them as of July. It's already a crappy experience dealing with BMW Canada but this just seems stupid.

Maybe I'm a bit of an impatient drama queen..... but I just want my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 10:28 AM   #2
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinleyg View Post
I'm one of those crazy people that's been calling BMW Canada to check on my M3 order a couple times a week. Trying to not be a pain to my SA.

I called just now and I was told they no longer have that information available to them as of July. It's already a crappy experience dealing with BMW Canada but this just seems stupid.

So they won’t even let you know if you have hit 150 with a VIN anymore?That was basically the only info you could get from them.I have used them for that to get my VIN without bugging my dealer.What i always find strange is that some of them will give you more detailed info then others.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 08:00 PM   #3
Kinleyg
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
Quote:

So they won’t even let you know if you have hit 150 with a VIN anymore?That was basically the only info you could get from them.I have used them for that to get my VIN without bugging my dealer.What i always find strange is that some of them will give you more detailed info then others.
From the call I had today they say they can't view any information on orders anymore, effective this month. I will try again tomorrow to double check.

The varying information between representatives has been interesting. I had one that magically could see every bit of detail, down to the individual order line items. The rest could see the status with no detail. They were always super nice and as helpful as they could be. Just wish BMW Canada could get their act together. The my garage progress tracking sounds amazing.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 05:08 AM   #4
Sam_MTL
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

BOL AEA22301 works … mine not on it !
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 07:16 AM   #5
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Maybe they just blocked you for calling them every day.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 07:23 AM   #6
Kinleyg
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
Maybe they just blocked you for calling them every day.
Well that would just be hurtful.

But I got what I needed. Found my car on the Treasure BOL AEA22303 from the 193 thread.
Appreciate 1
Habber3515.00
      07-19-2022, 01:23 PM   #7
Unbuckled2579
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Yeah same here. Called today for the first time (so not blocked yet ) and they literally wouldn't answer any questions, instead redirecting me to my dealer.

The main issue is that the salesperson I'm with, despite being polite/nice guy etc, really doesn't know much. After a few hours of browsing options and the forums, I felt like I knew more than him on a lot of topics.

Guess I'll need to change sales person or something, not sure I feel confident spending 80-90k CAD with someone who is not more knowledgeable than me.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 11:04 AM   #8
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: you bonkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbuckled2579 View Post
Yeah same here. Called today for the first time (so not blocked yet ) and they literally wouldn't answer any questions, instead redirecting me to my dealer.

The main issue is that the salesperson I'm with, despite being polite/nice guy etc, really doesn't know much. After a few hours of browsing options and the forums, I felt like I knew more than him on a lot of topics.

Guess I'll need to change sales person or something, not sure I feel confident spending 80-90k CAD with someone who is not more knowledgeable than me.

If it reassures you : I taught my CA many so many things he was baffled... I felt bad asking him to activate GPS tracking on MyBMW.

Keep in mind before the pandemic/supply chain issues there was no need to have all the info we have today. You just ordered the car and had it 2-3 months later without frustration or research on the forums.

At the end of the day you're not spending all that money for "good service", you're buying a car... that's why online shopping is the future. But I do understand the frustration of spending the money and not getting any info/knowledge (car was at port for 10 months).
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 10:02 PM   #9
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
I sort of agree. I'm all for having information but at the same time you haven't really paid for the car and it's not actually yours until it's delivered and you sign on the dotted line. All of this activating GPS stuff is a bit weird to me. If I was a dealer I would refuse to do that for a customer. What if they walk? Knowing where the GPS is isn't going to make it arrive any sooner anyway.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:32 PM   #10
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

What site did you use to search the BOL?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 10:24 PM   #11
Kinleyg
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/track-trace

That's the main one but there is another company as well.
Appreciate 1
BardG212.50
      08-13-2022, 06:30 PM   #12
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/track-trace

That's the main one but there is another company as well.
Thank You. That's that site I've been going to. It's a bit of a tedious process rolling through the VIN numbers to see if your car is on that ship, but it's still fun!
Appreciate 0