BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-07-2022, 08:59 AM   #1
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Wife jumped into the front seat and bang, an error message pops up. Then the seat refuses to move.

Error message was the title of the post, minus the fix….

I drive told me to drive carefully to the dealership….

After turning the car off and back on and with my wife back in the passenger seat the seat controls started to work again. The fix was weird-first I had to move the passenger seat all the way up, then slide it all the way back, then to the middle. Then, the driver side seat had to be moved all the way forward then back then to the middle position. Then turn the car off and open both doors. Once the car shut down I restarted and the error message was gone and the seat was moving normally.

Thought I'd post this in case anyone else gets this error message. Not sure what triggered it but the owners manual gave me most of the info I needed to fix. Funny detail, the owners manual doesn't mention adjusting the drivers side seat, which has to be done to get the error message to go away, even if the issue is with the passenger seat only.
Appreciate 1