BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-28-2023, 10:05 AM   #1
rdstudio
New Member
rdstudio's Avatar
10
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: M760e G70 + M5 F90 + I3S
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Poland

iTrader: (0)

Savagegeese i7 EV Review | Built For Flexing

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I was looking for them to review new 7-series.

Appreciate 5
      04-28-2023, 12:31 PM   #2
Germanauto
Major General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
9612
Rep
6,060
Posts

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Save for the face, a very badass lookin car.
__________________
Former
-2008 E90 328 black/brown
-2012 Lexus IS250 black/black
Appreciate 1
scLA180.50
      04-28-2023, 02:09 PM   #3
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
10578
Rep
27,430
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMWs to "ALL" US states

iTrader: (4)

that interior and tech is awesome
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 3
hufington3114.50
///M TOWN12342.00
Mr.blue217.00
      04-28-2023, 02:29 PM   #4
hufington
Major
hufington's Avatar
3115
Rep
1,354
Posts

Drives: 2022 X5 m50i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North East

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
If there was a way to get in and out of the vehicle w/o seeing its exterior, this would be the perfect car.
__________________
2022 BMW X5 m50i
2024 MB S63 on order
'18 X5 50i / '16 BMW F10 550xi / '13 BMW F10 535i / '07 BMW E64 630i / '03 BMW E65 745i / '95 BMW E34 540i / '89 BMW E30 M3
Appreciate 8
orkinos185.50
RSXDC5704.00
///M TOWN12342.00
MinMax224.50
dime.m365.50
      04-28-2023, 02:31 PM   #5
orkinos
Private
orkinos's Avatar
United_States
186
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: 2022 BMW F93
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hufington View Post
If there was a way to get in and out of the vehicle w/o seeing its exterior, this would be the perfect car.
That would be ideal!
__________________

2022 BMW F93 Dravit/Shakir
Appreciate 1
hufington3114.50
      04-28-2023, 02:33 PM   #6
humisfum
Private First Class
89
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

I can only assume mechanically speaking this is good news for people eagerly waiting a few more years for a 2 or 3 series. My hope is soon battery chemistry or solid state batteries become much lighter with similar ranges so that the driving experience is both quiet and luxurious like a 7 series but sporty and fun like an M car.

I also hope the entire industry’s fever will soon break and they stop trying to shove screens and replace every physical button with capacitive touch buttons.

BMWs for me have sometimes had controversial designs and then suddenly I tolerate it. I think this generation is in great need of an LCI.
Appreciate 3
The_Werm209.00
///M TOWN12342.00
Swappy531.50
      04-28-2023, 06:18 PM   #7
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
12342
Rep
8,250
Posts

Drives: M GmbH
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
that interior and tech is awesome
Yes indeed

Just need some finely crafted dark sunglasses to 💯 palate the exterior design
__________________
///
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10578.00
      04-28-2023, 06:48 PM   #8
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
AlteBMW's Avatar
United_States
691
Rep
1,541
Posts

Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufington View Post
If there was a way to get in and out of the vehicle w/o seeing its exterior, this would be the perfect car.
When I first got mine, I sort of felt the same, but the more I see it (and the more compliments I get (e.g. "badass car")), the more I am changing my mind. Yes, it is a kind of confirmation bias. But this car has a presence from its size and, yes, from the styling, that sets it apart. It also handles exceptionally well and the interior is spectacular. To be sure, it is not to everyone's taste, but I am really liking it now, and since 7 series sales are up just about 2x 1Q 2023 over 1Q 2022, there seem to be lots of people who agree. But hey, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. I'm just very happy I did.
__________________
BMWCCA
Current: 23 760ix (Carbon Black/Tartufo) (after first one totaled) '23 X3; '23 MB E Wagon
Prior: BMWs (3,5,7 & 8 series (2x!)) X3, MB (C, E, and S), Alfa GTV, MGB, Audi (A4, A6), Saab, Volvo, Toyota, Lincoln, Chrysler, Oldsmobile, Chevy, Rambler.
Appreciate 3
      04-29-2023, 12:12 AM   #9
Germanauto
Major General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
9612
Rep
6,060
Posts

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
When I first got mine, I sort of felt the same, but the more I see it (and the more compliments I get (e.g. "badass car")), the more I am changing my mind. Yes, it is a kind of confirmation bias. But this car has a presence from its size and, yes, from the styling, that sets it apart. It also handles exceptionally well and the interior is spectacular. To be sure, it is not to everyone's taste, but I am really liking it now, and since 7 series sales are up just about 2x 1Q 2023 over 1Q 2022, there seem to be lots of people who agree. But hey, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. I'm just very happy I did.
I've been seeing these around LA and they do indeed have the mafia boss look, notably in black.

S-class is more elegant in my opinion but the 7er certainly has its own thing going.
__________________
Former
-2008 E90 328 black/brown
-2012 Lexus IS250 black/black
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 03:10 AM   #10
rollingtaser
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
83
Rep
251
Posts

Drives: i7 M70, SL63
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: CH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

S-class is more elegant in my opinion but the 7er certainly has its own thing going.
outside, yes - inside no!

the S class looks and feels inside somehow like a C/E class to me. there is no "wow" or "luxurious" sensation when inside.

but well, that's just me and my taste
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 06:50 AM   #11
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
JK479's Avatar
1048
Rep
1,889
Posts

Drives: I6-> iX
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Anywhere

iTrader: (0)

BMW had an iconic Angel Eye design that evolved from that dual headlight between the kidney.

By “hiding” the headlight- the 7 series lost the iconic look. The eyebrow would have worked better if it was connected in the unit.

Imagine if Porsche decided to hid the iconic headlight? Remember the uproar when they changed it on the 996 gen of the car?

I feel like we will look back on this gen and feel the same way. The design had so much promise but it fell short on the headlights.
Appreciate 2
Germanauto9611.50
      04-29-2023, 08:20 AM   #12
FCX5
Colonel
FCX5's Avatar
United_States
2333
Rep
2,604
Posts

Drives: X5 50i
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
When I first got mine, I sort of felt the same, but the more I see it (and the more compliments I get (e.g. "badass car")), the more I am changing my mind. Yes, it is a kind of confirmation bias. But this car has a presence from its size and, yes, from the styling, that sets it apart. It also handles exceptionally well and the interior is spectacular. To be sure, it is not to everyone's taste, but I am really liking it now, and since 7 series sales are up just about 2x 1Q 2023 over 1Q 2022, there seem to be lots of people who agree. But hey, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. I'm just very happy I did.
I believe every time a manufacturer introduces a new model the sales are up. This happens for all brands. The key is how it holds up a few quarters after. The i7 looks different and stands out more in the iX or XM kind of way. I am sure there are people that like that styling. My wife did not think twice before buying an iX, although, I would not have gotten it because of the styling…
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 09:59 AM   #13
Ugly Kar
Second Lieutenant
325
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

How does driving a hideous looking car let people know you are rich? Driving a beautiful Ferrari Roma or Portofina will let people know you're rich, not something that looks worse than a family truckster. Even the beautiful Peugeot exalt concept says I'm rich, and it's a Peugeot. BMW is going the exactly opposite direction.

And for those that think others actually mean what they say, Ha! I get compliments on my car, but it's certainly not a beautiful car. It reminds me of when I was about 7 years old and we went over to my dad's co-workers house because they had a new baby. It was very confusing how my parents kept talking about how cute their baby was when I thought it was ugly.

When we got in the car and left both my parents started talking about how ugly that baby was. So I asked them why they would say the baby was cute when it was so ugly. My mom explained to me you have to tell them that so they won't be upset with you.
Appreciate 1
hoyasaxa677.50
      04-29-2023, 11:04 AM   #14
picaso
Private
picaso's Avatar
No_Country
145
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 911
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Kar View Post
How does driving a hideous looking car let people know you are rich? Driving a beautiful Ferrari Roma or Portofina will let people know you're rich, not something that looks worse than a family truckster. Even the beautiful Peugeot exalt concept says I'm rich, and it's a Peugeot. BMW is going the exactly opposite direction.

And for those that think others actually mean what they say, Ha! I get compliments on my car, but it's certainly not a beautiful car. It reminds me of when I was about 7 years old and we went over to my dad's co-workers house because they had a new baby. It was very confusing how my parents kept talking about how cute their baby was when I thought it was ugly.

When we got in the car and left both my parents started talking about how ugly that baby was. So I asked them why they would say the baby was cute when it was so ugly. My mom explained to me you have to tell them that so they won't be upset with you.
First beauty is very subjective. At least to a certain point, and even beyond that point you’ll always find people who adore what you despise.

Just celebrate others love for what they have even though you do not like it. Why people poke at people’s taste is beyond me. I think it’s some sort of insecurity. Now it’s ok to express you preference, but being tactful goes a long way.
Appreciate 3
      04-29-2023, 01:10 PM   #15
SW17LS
Private
24
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2020 Mercedes S560
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Kar View Post
And for those that think others actually mean what they say, Ha! I get compliments on my car, but it's certainly not a beautiful car. It reminds me of when I was about 7 years old and we went over to my dad's co-workers house because they had a new baby. It was very confusing how my parents kept talking about how cute their baby was when I thought it was ugly.
People aren't going to actively compliment your car in public if they don't actually like your car. They would just say nothing about your car...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 03:13 PM   #16
Ugly Kar
Second Lieutenant
325
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW17LS View Post
People aren't going to actively compliment your car in public if they don't actually like your car. They would just say nothing about your car...
Wrong. People do it all the time. Just like the baby. I complimented a guys Tesla that looks like crap and another's motorcycle I thought was ugly. Both because I knew how proud they were of them and I wanted them to feel good. Just like the baby example.
Appreciate 1
hoyasaxa677.50
      04-29-2023, 03:27 PM   #17
SW17LS
Private
24
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2020 Mercedes S560
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

iTrader: (0)

I would say most people wouldn't do that, I certainly wouldn't.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 03:35 PM   #18
Ugly Kar
Second Lieutenant
325
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picaso View Post
First beauty is very subjective. At least to a certain point, and even beyond that point you’ll always find people who adore what you despise.

Just celebrate others love for what they have even though you do not like it. Why people poke at people’s taste is beyond me. I think it’s some sort of insecurity. Now it’s ok to express you preference, but being tactful goes a long way.
It's interesting the way people like to use subjective/opinion. Lack on continuity, lack of dynamic flow, an odd group of shapes that do not compliment/enhance each other is not a matter on opinion, it is not subjective. What is subjective is when someone is of the opinion of, "I like big large vertical grills on the front of a car with a horizontal face". Yes, some like it, but most don't and it's certainly not dynamic flow. The Edsel also a vertical grill on a horizontal front. You and others probably think the pics below are really cool. I don't.

Frank Stephenson gets it. He can explain it better than me. And so does the sketch monkey. I agree with the sketch monkey, wouldn't take too much to make the M2 look really good. But I don't agree the lower front intake is acceptable because they're functional. The M5 and M8 both have awesome looking front intakes and they're functional.





Attached Images
  

Last edited by Ugly Kar; 04-29-2023 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
Derived16.00
      04-29-2023, 03:45 PM   #19
SW17LS
Private
24
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2020 Mercedes S560
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

iTrader: (0)

You're just trying to pass your subjective opinion off as fact, and its not fact. Its individual taste...the very definition of subjectivity.

When I first saw the 7 Series I thought it was truly hideous. But, I have seen them out in the wild now and it has grown on me a lot in the right colors and the right trim. Dare I say I actually like it now.

People that like this car are not wrong, just as you are not wrong for not liking it.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 04:20 PM   #20
mattsrs
Captain
519
Rep
833
Posts

Drives: 2023 760i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

I am paraphrasing someone else’s comment but why cannot BMW design something that people like from day one and doesn’t have to grow on you
Appreciate 2
Ugly Kar325.00
hoyasaxa677.50
      04-29-2023, 05:10 PM   #21
Germanauto
Major General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
9612
Rep
6,060
Posts

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingtaser View Post
outside, yes - inside no!

the S class looks and feels inside somehow like a C/E class to me. there is no "wow" or "luxurious" sensation when inside.

but well, that's just me and my taste
I like the Merc's interior too. Not ideal with all those screens but still many beautiful touches and copious wood/leather. The EQS on the other hand...I hate that thing inside and out.

7er's interior is fantastic.
__________________
Former
-2008 E90 328 black/brown
-2012 Lexus IS250 black/black
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 05:29 PM   #22
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
AlteBMW's Avatar
United_States
691
Rep
1,541
Posts

Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I like the Merc's interior too. Not ideal with all those screens but still many beautiful touches and copious wood/leather. The EQS on the other hand...I hate that thing inside and out.

7er's interior is fantastic.
I test drove an S Class before I placed my G70 order. I really like the way the S class looks but the BMW electronics and handling were unquestionably better (to me). No car is perfect -- they are all full of compromises. You need to decide what is really important to you before you plunk down your money.
__________________
BMWCCA
Current: 23 760ix (Carbon Black/Tartufo) (after first one totaled) '23 X3; '23 MB E Wagon
Prior: BMWs (3,5,7 & 8 series (2x!)) X3, MB (C, E, and S), Alfa GTV, MGB, Audi (A4, A6), Saab, Volvo, Toyota, Lincoln, Chrysler, Oldsmobile, Chevy, Rambler.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9611.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST