home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Wheels / Tires

05-22-2023, 02:51 AM   #1
CTGT2005
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i

VDO Continental SE10008 TPMS Relearn not working

Anyone else use these sensors and have issues? Supposed to be preprogrammed. Got them from Rock Auto specifically for a 2022 m240i so I know they are good. My iDrive relearn won't get beyond 0% and keeps failing out. Have another set of tires that I used BH Sens sensors and they work great.

Only thoughts is the tire shop did something wrong with the install or I was reading they may need an initial unlock once installed so they can learn.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 12:30 PM   #2
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGT2005 View Post
Anyone else use these sensors and have issues? Supposed to be preprogrammed. Got them from Rock Auto specifically for a 2022 m240i so I know they are good. My iDrive relearn won't get beyond 0% and keeps failing out. Have another set of tires that I used BH Sens sensors and they work great.

Only thoughts is the tire shop did something wrong with the install or I was reading they may need an initial unlock once installed so they can learn.

Any thoughts?
I assume you're moving while seeing it at 0%?

I bought new TPMS with my Apex wheels and the car never asked for a reprogramming and they worked great. Rotated the tires yesterday and the car wanted a reprogram. Odd
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 01:43 PM   #3
CTGT2005
Private First Class
Rep

I called continental who advised the sensors needed to be triggered to wake them up the first time and preloaded protocol selected for the BMW. Some confusion in what preprogrammed really means. There's a list of five or so special TPMs tools that are compatible with these sensors. Next time I'm just going to stick with BH Sens brand they work with right out of the box.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 04:24 PM   #4
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

This is what I went with. So far they’ve been flawless.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 06:53 PM   #5
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
I called continental who advised the sensors needed to be triggered to wake them up the first time and preloaded protocol selected for the BMW. Some confusion in what preprogrammed really means. There's a list of five or so special TPMs tools that are compatible with these sensors. Next time I'm just going to stick with BH Sens brand they work with right out of the box.
Did the vdo sensors work after using the wakeup tool?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 07:42 AM   #6
CTGT2005
Private First Class
Rep

Yep I went back to the Firestone shop I had the tires mounted at. It was a 10 minute procedure using their scan tool. They are working flawlessly so far.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 01:30 PM   #7
Heimeranna
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Same here

Quote:

Any thoughts?

Similar situation here, got 4 VDO SE100008 from Rock Auto and put them on my 2024 M440i, and my iDrive wont pass 0%, I went to discount tire and they told me the REDI sensor don't have to be active or program, can you share a little more on what firestone did to yours? Thank you in advance !
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 05:24 PM   #8
CTGT2005
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimeranna View Post
Similar situation here, got 4 VDO SE100008 from Rock Auto and put them on my 2024 M440i, and my iDrive wont pass 0%, I went to discount tire and they told me the REDI sensor don't have to be active or program, can you share a little more on what firestone did to yours? Thank you in advance !

Using the Firestone TPMS tool, they had to first trigger/wake the sensors. Then had to set protocol for BMW. It can be for any BMW that uses the new style TPMS sensors if they don't have your exact car.

They won't find the sensors in their scan tool under Continental if it is outdated like my Firestone shops was. Believe it was listed on the tool under Redi or VDO. After that was sorted out the tool communicated just fine with the sensors.

After that just drive for 10 minutes it should complete 100% no problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 02:47 AM   #9
Heimeranna
Rep

Quote:
Using the Firestone TPMS tool, they had to first trigger/wake the sensors. Then had to set protocol for BMW. It can be for any BMW that uses the new style TPMS sensors if they don't have your exact car.

They won't find the sensors in their scan tool under Continental if it is outdated like my Firestone shops was. Believe it was listed on the tool under Redi or VDO. After that was sorted out the tool communicated just fine with the sensors.

After that just drive for 10 minutes it should complete 100% no problem.
Thank you for your reply! So I went to a Discount Tire shop nearby, and they used the BARTEC TECH450PRO tool to scan my sensor and told me that the shop who installed them did not unlock the sensor, after they unlocked it, it went all the way up to 99% now, no warning light on the dashboard anymore, but no reading in the tire pressure page either. Not sure what's going on there, I will update once I find out!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 07:21 AM   #10
CTGT2005
Private First Class
Rep

I'd drive it for a bit see if it resolves. If not take it back and have them reset the TPMS and double check the protocol. Protocol being the language that the sensor knows to use the communicate with the BMW system.

There's also something else I read about airing all tires up to 40psi then reducing back to normal pressure. Not sure that'd be helpful. I know it's really frustrating, I dealt with it for awhile also.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 09:09 AM   #11
Heimeranna
Rep

Quote:
I'd drive it for a bit see if it resolves. If not take it back and have them reset the TPMS and double check the protocol. Protocol being the language that the sensor knows to use the communicate with the BMW system.

There's also something else I read about airing all tires up to 40psi then reducing back to normal pressure. Not sure that'd be helpful. I know it's really frustrating, I dealt with it for awhile also.
Thank you for your advice! I have read some other posts saying that I may need to do a OBD scan and manually turn the setting back on through OBD coding. I will try your advice first and see how it going, and here is a pic of what my tpms page looks like right now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0