BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Wheels / Tires

10-18-2023, 11:38 AM   #1
Racerinlsl
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW m240i xDrive

Winter Setups - Who is running 18s and WHO do you trust to buy from?

Friends,
Due to the cost of rubber (18s vs 19s) and loving the idea of MORE tire and less wheel for the winter, I'd love to go to an 18 inch setup. I'm NON ZDK FYI. I'm curious who everyone is buying wheels from, especially when I don't want to spend 350+ per wheel for this. None of the big online sites seem to be willing to commit to anything actually fitting our car, which I also don't understand. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited by Racerinlsl; 10-18-2023 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 12:05 PM   #2
Littlecoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

I am running a set of 18's for mine. The brand is Replika, I bought them from PMC Tire in Canada, so I don't know if that brand is more in the Canadian market than the USA. They are replica wheels, so they fit well on our cars. I have good clearance on the brakes with mine, but I am not running the larger ZTK brakes. I think that's a common factor of suppliers holding out from committing to fitment. If you have standard brakes, see what options come up when selecting the car on the vendor website. Maybe if you're selecting a wheel setup that normally has ZTK brakes (would be the 245/255 width option), that might be the issue. If you don't have the larger brakes, try a smaller tire option (225/255).

I received my set for about $1900 CAD with Michelin X-Ice Snow, the Replika wheels, TPMS sensors, and a lug bolt kit with key. It's about the cheapest I could find.

The best suggestion, if you have a large wheel and tire shop nearby, you could stop in and see if they have anything you can test fit. You never really know until you try it out.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 01:47 PM   #3
JoeyJoeJo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G42 M240ix

You could take a look at some euro stores/manufacturers, many have configurators that will show ABE/ECE certification against a car (which can be a requirement for aftermarket parts). If they have ABE or ECE, they are confirmed as meeting standards for fitment and tyre sizes. Then you can see if any are available locally.

These are a couple I've looked at with decent ranges.

https://www.brock.de/en/wheel-configurator

https://autec-wheels.de/en/configurator/
      10-19-2023, 04:10 PM   #4
BG42
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

The guys over at apex really did the research already, non ZTK is even easier as the brakes are smaller. But def go check out their fitment guide thats here in the forums but I'll make it easier https://apexwheels.com/fitment-guide...-fitment-guide. What you then do is look for wheels with the specs they mention in the fitment guide. Really much easier than it sounds. Most websites don't have info on our car because not many sell in the US, then you have to figure most people who bought it will never swap the wheels so its just kind of a weird BMW that in a few years will probably have great aftermarket support but currently really doesn't.
Appreciate 0