home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls

11-18-2023, 09:49 PM   #1
ZPD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i GC, 2023 G87

DSC won't deactivate

So recently DSC will not deactivate. I can press the button or select my M2 button which has DSC turned off and the dash will show that DSC is off but as soon as I start driving it turns back on.
There are no errors or codes. Any ideas?
      11-28-2023, 08:39 PM   #2
ZPD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i GC, 2023 G87

Solved.
I am updating for those searching for this in the future.
I currently do not have an EDC cable due to the dealer breaking it during an alignment and the cable is back-ordered. I had a chassis error but was still able to drive and I had full control over DSC and MDM. However earlier in the month while at the track I lost the ability to turn off DSC or use MDM. There was no error and no code that I could pick up with scanners (I don't have ISTA). If I was parked I could turn off DSC and then set MDM to whatever traction control setting I wanted but as soon as I started to move, DSC would turn back on. The week prior at the track I had full control of DSC and MDM even though I had the chassis error from a missing EDC connection.
I did a lot of research and couldn't find a reason for the DSC to act this way. Tonight I got a bit impatient so I made my own EDC cable and reconnected my strut. When I went for a test drive the chassis error was gone and I had full control over DSC and MDM.
My theory is that at some point (miles, time, speed?) if you have a chassis error due to the EDC circuit you will lose the ability to turn off DSC. So if you are ever unable to turn off DSC or set MDM then check out the EDC cables.
gcmak135.50